~The SHIPPING from Canada to USA thread~ vat, fees, couriers etc...

Hahaha unfortunately that's how it is. did you send by Xpresspost or regular mail? Regular mail you're SOL but it's cheaper. Xpresspost is ridiculously expensive but it's guaranteed 3-5 days which is nice for rush. I wish there was a happy medium BETWEEN THE TWO just for US/Canada packages!!!

Hello everyone! I bought a bag yesterday from ebay and the seller is in Canada, I am in the US and she mentioned duty and taxes for the package. I wasn't aware that I had to pay for duty and taxes to get something shipped here from Canada, am I wrong or just confused?

There can be duties or other fees on international shipments and these are the responsibility of the buyer - conditions and amounts vary by country. I am not an expert on U.S. customs regulations but I believe if your purchase is under $200.00 you are o.k.

I bought a dress from someone in Canada and she sent it via Expedited US via Canada Post with tracking. I am tracking it and it says it was accepted at the Post Office in Ontario on 2/5/08. But there have been no updates since.

When should I start worrying? I know there's no mail today due to the holiday. TIA!

Are you tracking it from UPSPS.com or Canada Post's website? Usually one will be more detailed than the other so try both.

Stuff constantly gets stuck in customs, so be patient. I know it's hard!

I have had this happen to me before when I was returning an item. It only got scanned once when received and then nother scans. It was finally received Thank God. Its a ***** when this happens but it does happen once in a while.

Oh that's good news actually. I will be patient!

I trust the person who sent it I just hate waiting. And I assumed that expedited meant fast! But I just checked the canada post website and it said it can take up to 12 business days via that method (or longer if there are custom delays).

Yeah, our "expedited" is really only useful within Canada. Someone from NY sent me something by USPS's expedited service and it took a week and a half, really only a few days faster than priority mail.

CanadaPost Expedited can be very spotty! I sent out two Expedited packages to the States on Feb. 3. One of them arrived last Monday, and the other one is still in transit as of today. In my personal experience, it can take up to three weeks!

Don't worry, it will arrive.. sooner or later :yes:

Try not to worry - i have had a couple of instances where it has taken up to 14 business days. Goodness know where it sits for that long - customs? And at least if it doesn't show then it is insured with expedited shipping - however, if that is the case, I believe that you need to wait 30 days in order to file an insurance claim. Waiting can be so irritating! Hang in there....