~The SHIPPING from Canada to USA thread~ vat, fees, couriers etc...

bernz84

O.G.
Aug 31, 2006
I had a package from Canada sent to me on November 4. Does anyone know how long it takes for expedited mail to reach to the U.S.? It's not dire that I have this package, but I kinda want it...:yes:

I went and did a search for you....6-12 business days is the standard according to Canada Post. From personal experience (this is the way I ship all my packages) it usually comes in minimum time (1 week and a half...so 6-8 business days).

I won and paid for an auction on March 31st, I still haven't received it. It was supposed to be shipping from Canada via Canda Post Expedited Parcel.

I tracked the package on the Canadian Post's website and all it says is:
2007/04/0211:24HALIFAX, NS Shipping details electronically submitted

Anyone know what that means?

I think I only have 30 days to file a not received claim, so I may have to just start that process.

The auction was for a bag that is a present for my little sister. :sad: It wasn't super expensive, but this is dissapointing.

I'd also try putting that tracking # into the usps website to see if it was scanned at all in the US.

Have you been in contact with the seller? Probably the best bet is to contact them and see if you guys can work something out. She/he should have gotten a receipt from the post office that has a # for them to call for inquiries. So at least they can try following up with the post office.

Unfortunately the only guaranteed scans they do for expedited parcel is upon acceptance and on delivery. The package may or may not be scanned in between. Also, I don't think the post office considers it "lost" until 30 days after shipping acceptance - so you may have a timing issue with opening a not received claim. :sad:

Hope this gets resolved easily by your package arriving today or tomorrow! Good luck!

I would definitely contact with the seller...I send from Canada to the US all the time, and when you enter in the tracking number it should say when the electronic details were submitted and then when the item was actually dropped off for mailing at the post office...unfortunately, then nothing shows up until it is delivered, but the tracking site should say the estimated delivery date...as well, the items do have to go through US Customs which we have no control over but I have found the delivery time to be about 2 weeks on average...hope that helps...

from what you say, it would appear that they haven't even dropped it off at the post office yet...you can get the postage cost and a shipping label electronically with Canada Post, and that is when it says 'details submitted electronically'...then there should be a record that says 'item scanned at post office in wherever for shipment' with the date of when they actually dropped it off...if the seller states that they dropped it off then they better contact their local post office...if you don't recieve communication in a timely manner I would open up a dispute with Paypal for an item not recieved...good luck...

from what you say, it would appear that they haven't even dropped it off at the post office yet...you can get the postage cost and a shipping label electronically with Canada Post, and that is when it says 'details submitted electronically'...then there should be a record that says 'item scanned at post office in wherever for shipment' with the date of when they actually dropped it off...if the seller states that they dropped it off then they better contact their local post office...if you don't recieve communication in a timely manner I would open up a dispute with Paypal for an item not recieved...good luck...
This is not the case if you drop it in the mailbox instead of walking it to the post office. I post items from my store via mailbox all the time and it's just as reliable, but without a post office acceptance scan. Just FYI before the seller gets accused of not shipping.
If 14 days have passed, Canada Post will open a trace for Expedited. It would be better to ask the seller to go that route rather than filing a Paypal claim which won't really solve the problem, IMO...

I ship to the US from Canada all the time and it averages about 2 weeks. Expedited is supposed to take 12 working days, which really is not *expedited* at all.