The Secret Life of Cats: A Peek into EB's Closet

Hermes used to make bags out of Buffalo skin. If you ever find one, grab it, because it's indestructible. But if you like structured bags, it's not for you. It has a distinctly casual feel because it's completely "floopy" so to speak. The leather has a sheen, kind of like Chèvre, but it has a different texture. I bought this bag from Docride. I saw it at the first TPF National Meet in Las Vegas in 2015. Doc makes hand-tooled hardware and I've always wanted a bag that had it. I would reach out to her if you are truly interested.

Thank you for the info EB. Your buffalobag is amazing [emoji173]️ and I really enjoyed finding out more about it. Docride does a great job working with old jems and I would love to add one of her special bags to my collection.

dini2.jpg

HHii RRRosiiiiiiiiieee, while mmmmy (and your) mum's outttt
You will know who to blame if you see mysterious new charges on your credit card.

Rosie: Mommy's leaving for the office soon. *giggles*
Rocket: Just puleeze don't drool over the keyboard. I use this thing, too.
I'm getting breakfast. I'll leave you a bite or two (maybe). BTW, the workmen will be here any minute. View attachment 3423195

:lol:

Sorry Rosie, but although Dini should be grounded (he lives up to his name 'Houdini') he's out, probably stalking some poor innocent little creature ATM. I will show him this totally wonderful picture of you when he gets home. Meanwhile I may need to reset my password as @Madam Bijoux may have a point! :coolio:

Please tell your mom her Buffalo B is the epitome of casual chic :hbeat:

Reactions: etoupebirkin
Such a fun thread to read, etoupebirkin! Just a thought...perhaps Rosie deleted the online work order for the mosaics?!!:hrmm: She looks rather computer literate to me!
No Rosie is not that kind of devious. When she thinks I have not paid enough attention to her, she will go on my counters and randomly knock stuff off.
Drawn in by the adventures of Rocket and Rosie! :love: And love, love your photos!
Thank you!

So entertaining! Can't wait to read more.

Typing and taking pics!!!

Below are pictures of the warehouse when I picked up my sunflower mosaic. As you can see, it does not take a rocket scientist to infer that my original tiles were accidentally discarded. Think about as throwing out a brand new 35cm Ghillies Birkin!!!

IMG_2430 (1).jpg IMG_2429.jpg IMG_2538.jpg
By the way this is what the mosaic looks in reverse as the backing side is facing up in this picture.

Thank you for the info EB. Your buffalobag is amazing [emoji173]️ and I really enjoyed finding out more about it. Docride does a great job working with old jems and I would love to add one of her special bags to my collection.
You should contact her. She is very lovely to work with. I've bought a couple of bags from her.

Rosie: Mommy's leaving for the office soon. *giggles*
Rocket: Just puleeze don't drool over the keyboard. I use this thing, too.
I'm getting breakfast. I'll leave you a bite or two (maybe). BTW, the workmen will be here any minute. View attachment 3423195

This picture is hilarious! Everyone truly is online these days.

The sunflower mosaic is stunning. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly with its installation.

Reactions: etoupebirkin
Meanwhile Chez EB the workmen are back — and the brought some funky looking gizmos (tile saw and other tile setting equipment) The tile saw screeches to life and it’s unnervingly loud.

Rocket: "Last one down to the bat cave gets sawed in half!!!" As he makes for the stairway.

Rosie: She’s by the computer mooning over Dini and is going to need to H U S T L E!!! to give Rocket a run for his money. She looks up, “No fair! You’re cheating!!! Grabs the cattop and goes pell mell down the staircase!!!

It’s a photo finish at Casa Félina and they both tumble into the peaceful sanctuary.

Lily: "We really to need to work on your entrances. You are cats of exceptional breeding. And. You. Need. To. Show. It. — At all times."

Rocket: Meanders to the couch and plops down. “Hey!!!, there’s only one bag of treats?!!!”

Lily: “You had way too many yesterday. It affected your thinking. I heard the crashes and curse words (en Española). Today, the workmen have electrical saws for goodness sake. Do you really want to go up against that?!!!”

Rocket: Knits his eyebrows, looks down and slightly sullenly says, I guess not. “But I LOVE those treats!!!

Lily: “You need to pace yourself and have patience. Which reminds me. Patience = success, especially with Hermes.” She pauses to take a sip of tea from an exquisite Hermes tea cup and delicately clears her throat. “Time to continue with your education. I’m in a silky mood today!!! Maman has such an exquisite collection of silk.” She reaches into the drawers, looks intently and takes a few out to show Rosie and Rocket.

“You know Rocket, all Maman’s boys had exquisite taste in scarves. And I want you to please pay attention, so please stop watching that last Caps-Penguins game. You are just torturing yourself.”

Rosie is already perched by the scarves and studying them.

Lily: "Here is such an exquisite piece of art. Hermes scarves often can often be categorized by type or look — Annie Faivre patterns have a particular look, Kermit Oliver, too. But I have never seen anything really like this." (90 cm Premieres Mains)

"And Chasse en Inde — such a classic pattern. Though the colors are similar the overall look of each is so different. And look at the detail at that edge. I've been nudging Maman" to wear both scarves together a la Mai Tai. "Now there is a woman of such style and grace."
Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 9.21.53 PM.pngIMG_2601 (1).jpgIMG_2612.jpgIMG_2614.jpgIMG_2615.jpg

Last edited:
My Rosie has been studying the history of her international relations and brushing up on her Hermes knowledge so she can keep up with these smart cats. Looking forward to more EB when you have time to take their dictation :smile:

Your Rosie is just adorable!!!

This picture is hilarious! Everyone truly is online these days.

The sunflower mosaic is stunning. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly with its installation.
Glad you like the pic. I am keeping my fingers crossed on the mosaic, too.

Lily walks back to the scarf chest, gently goes through the silks and says here are some scarves that many consider to be grails. I insisted she get these.
  • Rei Kawakubo Collaboration / 90cm Thalassa (ordered from London)
  • Mythiques Phoenix / 90cm (a lucky find in Bergdorfs, NYC)
  • La Femme Aux Semmelles de Vent (This is one of Maman’s favorite patterns)
  • Grand Fonds (so pretty on a dreary day)
  • Offrandes du Jour (one of the great scarf patterns of all time)
  • Sur Up Tapis Volant (IMO the only way to get around)
  • Tohu Bohu (with an Hermes RTW sweater in the same pattern/colorway)
  • Tourbillon (an eBay find from Japan — so elegant with Maman's étoupe birkin)
IMG_2628.jpg IMG_2630.jpg IMG_2587 (1).jpg IMG_2589.jpg IMG_2591 (1).jpg IMG_2632.jpg IMG_2592 (1).jpg IMG_2618 (1).jpg IMG_2617.jpg IMG_2622.jpg

Rocket: "You look like Mommy’s shooz!!! (Fendi Monster driving mocassins)!!! Take a look at Mommy’s new avatar!!!"

Rosie: "At least I don’t look like this?!!! (Jabba the Hutt)!!! “Your just jealous that Maman changed her avatar picture from of you to one of ME!!!” (She licks her paw and preens with a small air of triumph.)

Lily: "This bickering MUST. STOP. NOW!!! It is finis. Done. Capeesh?!!! Or how would you both like to spend your days upstairs with the workmen. Hmm???" (Arches her eyebrows and casts a stern look at the two chastened cats.

IMG_2655.jpg IMG_2569 (1).jpg Screen Shot 2016-07-31 at 3.50.17 PM.png

Reactions: papertiger
Lily: Let’s talk about Hermes bags AND scarves — a match made in “H”eaven! Matching bags and scarves is one of my favorite things to do. She goes to the cases and plucks out bags and scarves. She sighs, “This is so incredibly chic. Maman must wear this next week.”
  • Vache Naturel 32CM HAC w/GHW and Sur Un Tapis Volant and Horsehair “Tassel
IMG_2598.jpg
“Or, perhaps one of these two.”
  • Etoupe Swift 35CM Birkin w/GHW and Tourbillion
  • Natural Barenia 35CM Birkin w/PHW and Premieres Mains and Hermes vintage sterling silver horse key chain
IMG_2623.jpg
IMG_2606.jpg

Rocket
pipes up, “I like what Mommy wore last week.” The Plume’s big enough so that it can hold extra cat treats or perhaps a can of tuna for me, yummmm!!!!!” He’s got cat treats on the brain because Lily’s limiting him to one measly bag a day.
  • Vert Olive/Toile 32CM Clemence Plume with Twilly and Horse hair tassel
IMG_2658.jpg

Rosie, “It’s August in DC, I prefer Maman to wear something cool. — This is like Lavender Ice.” She holds up a …
  • Rose Dragee 35 CM Kelly Flat with Voyage En Etoffes
IMG_2659.jpg

Rocket, “I like it better with this scarf (Fleurs D’Indiennes).”

IMG_2663.jpg

Lily:
“Excellent, Excellent!!!” You are getting the hang of it!!!” Here are some more ideas. Each scarf gives the bag a distinctive look.”
  • Etain Clemence Roulis with Arbre de Vie and Rives Fertiles
IMG_2666.jpg

IMG_2670.jpg
  • Brique Togo 35CM Retourne Kelly w/GHW and Voyage en Etoffes, Echeque Du Roi and lare Rose Sakura Carmen key chain / charm
IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2676.jpg

The cats hear the front door open and close. And it’s quiet.

Rocket goes upstairs and… The workmen have put one of the tile mosaics in reverse (backing side in front). Rocket charges out the front door and tries to flag the workmen down. “Hey guys, you put the mosaic in BACKWARDS for leopard’s sake!!!” But the workmen are already in their truck and are driving way.

Rocket: “This is a CATastrophe!!!“Mommy is just going to flip out when she sees this!!!” “I am going to have to take charge of this renovation! These guys are birdbrains and I am just the C A T to get this project back on track.”

Reactions: papertiger