The RealReal

I haven't ordered anything from them lately, but wanted to mention that I had the same issue with Fashionphile. In Sept I paid thirty-something dollars for overnight shipping; after three days I hadn't heard anything, so I called and they refunded my shipping costs. The item did eventually ship 5 days later! My guess is that they are just short-handed.

I think I lucked out with my first experience with TRR, ordered a Navy Blue Celine Mini Luggage bag yesterday and paid for $39.95 expedited shipping and the item arrived today by 5ish. At first glance the bag looks to be in perfect condition! No misshapen, no marks, discoloration. I got the 20% discount and paid imho a very reasonable price for a bag I was going to buy brand new at $3k+ plus taxes!

Reactions: mal and fashion16
I sent them a few items and one was listed a few days ago as 'excellent condition with no visible signs of wear.' The bag is definitely not anywhere near excellent - it has some signs of use and has lost its structure. Seeing how they describe my own items makes me hesitate on the reliability of their descriptions for sure. There is just no way I can believe them :sad: They 100% need better images and more images -- if they are going to say it has corner wear or a dirty interior they should show that.

I will never send my items to TRR again. I sent a few items to them and 4 weeks went by after having my items with zero movement to get them listed. After the 5th week of no movement, I asked for my items to be returned to me. When I received my items back, the tag had been removed off of a brand new with tags attached Louis Vuitton jacket. The advisor was very dismissive when I contacted them regarding the removal of the tags.

I will never send my items to TRR again. I sent a few items to them and 4 weeks went by after having my items with zero movement to get them listed. After the 5th week of no movement, I asked for my items to be returned to me. When I received my items back, the tag had been removed off of a brand new with tags attached Louis Vuitton jacket. The advisor was very dismissive when I contacted them regarding the removal of the tags.
Wow! Any idea how that happened? Any explanation around why it didn’t move through their system?

Wow! Any idea how that happened? Any explanation around why it didn’t move through their system?
No. They were so dismissive and did not provide any explanation as to why it was taking so long. Then when I contacted them again after I received my items back and noticing that the tag was completely off of the jacket they claimed that maybe it was removed in order for them to get pictures for the website. However, keep in mind, the tag was close enough to the pocket of the jacket where they could of placed the tag in the pocket without having to remove it.

O.M.G who are they hiring? :facepalm:

The listers that TRR seems to be hiring just don't have market knowledge are not detail oriented & lack of expertise
obviously if lister doesn't look/see designer tag hanging from the neck with original tags.
TRR has gone downhill even with the new takeover.. expect more situations just like this.
Condition, size, measurements, spots, stains, smells, tears have still not been corrected to satisfaction

It’s all true… And I have noticed a huge difference since I started consigning with them in November of ‘21. It’s over, I would never send them another item to sell. I still feel OK buying something if I find a good deal or something that’s NWT.
Their pricing and descriptions have become so ridiculous that I recently requested to have two things sent back to me. I had consigned a new with tags, black velvet Saint Laurent dress (original price $3650 ), in late October. It was perfect for Christmas or New Year’s Eve… which is why I timed it for December.
It did not get listed on the site until about nine days before Christmas. In addition, they failed to mention that it is nwt, or that it is VELVET. Their photos are not good enough to decipher textures or fabric details… In short, a buyer had no way to truly assess the dress. Don’t even get me started on the price. I quickly asked them to de-list it and send it back to me, and I am really thanking my lucky stars to have my beautiful dress back!
They also lost a pair of my shoes… they did eventually pay me a fair price for them, thankfully.
I am still getting emails telling me “ we haven’t forgotten you and we will get back to you regarding the listing details for the dress (regarding the tags), although they sent it back to me already. Lol!!
The last two concierges that have been assigned to me have not been very communicative. I reached out to the last one I had been in contact with, in November, and after six weeks, three text messages and two emails I never heard back at all. I feel like their employees have just given up.
So, be warned, it is probably not safe to send them anything that you value. I had good luck last year, earlier in the year, and selling some handbags has gone very well in the past but other items are really iffy.
I would hate for anyone else to feel as frustrated as I have!

Reactions: Nessa60 and jennlt