The Real Housewives of Vancouver, BC Canada!

Mary's a Canadian pop star? This Canadian has never heard of her.

The woman who has all the Ferraris, Bentleys, etc., what does her husband do?

60 seconds of hearing Christine talk was enough for me. :rolleyes: And she does not look 29.

Last edited:
Though it is much too soon to know how well I will like these women, I am not finding Christine as annoying as I thought I would based on the initial things she had to say.

I read something about Reiko's husband and his murder acquittal and I actually remember that case despite the fact it was almost 20 yrs old & I don't live on the west coast ... I remember it only because one of his co-accused had an affair with a juror during the trial, I think her name was Gillian Guest? and she was later convicted for it and all 5 accused got off
I remember that part -- and Gillian's sunglasses. :biggrin:

The woman who has all the Ferraris, Bentleys, etc., what does her husband do?

60 seconds of hearing Christine talk was enough for me. :rolleyes: And she does not look 29.
Either have I!!

Well, I watched about 20 minutes and couldn't take it anymore. I have trouble with those pillow faces and weird filled up cheeks. It disturbs me.

I liked the mother and daughter, but I'm not sure I can watch this show.

Vancouver looks stunning. I like how they filmed the exterior shots on the best days.

OK, botox from your dentist?!
LOL. In BC, both botox and fillers are considered within the scope of practice for Dentists.
I wasn't able to catch the show tonight as I had a dinner date with a good friend at Ikea for Swedish Meatballs (true story). I look forward to watching a later airing or perhaps catching it online this weekend.
I was born and raised in Vancouver and lived there for almost 30 years before moving up the highway. None of these women look anything like anyone I have ever seen in Vancouver or the surrounding area.
I'll wait until I've seen the show to pass judgement but I can tell you I'm not going to be a fan of anyone whose money came from gang activity and drug trafficking.
Who mentioned Gillian Guess? She would have been perfect for the show. Jacquie Cohen, too. Maybe a TV personality like that Lainey gossip girl or something.
If that Christina woman is 30, I'll eat my weight in cheese.
Never heard of the pop star, did they play any of her songs? Would we recognize them?
I do wonder though with all the other Housewives shows, a lot of filming happens outdoors. I hear the ladies are heading off to Mexico for a vacation. I guess it's the only way to showcase them in bathing suits/shorts/sun dresses for the "glamorous ladies of leisure" element of the show. I wonder if the weather factors in at all with the shooting schedule.
It's so sad when women laugh and their faces don't move.
*and I'm a big fan of botox, believe me*

^ I've never heard of her either as a "pop star" in Canada? Strange..I wonder if anyone here has ever heard of her.
Ya I was just going to say if Christina is 30, I'm 14...Does anyone else notice a subtle accent coming out when she speaks? It comes and goes..I'm not sure where she is originally from.

Yeah, I am kind of in the dark as to who she is also!:lol: When she said that (followed by her son's "well, my mom is kind of a rock star") DH and I nearly fell off the couch!:roflmfao:

Anyhow, I watched most of it last night (set it to TiVo as I was running in and out of the room) but here is my take so far:

Ronnie is my favorite so far (I spied a nice Balenciaga leather jacket when they were riding that ski-lift to the restaurant!:graucho:). Even though I wasn't a fan of her "presents" for Christina's 30th :shocked:

Reiko is OK too. I didn't think I'd like her but she is pretty cool. Her daughters are adorable!!!:tender: and her DH looks like someone I know :shocked: LOL! How cute is that her mom lives with them --- aww!!!:heart:

I thought I would enjoy Jody but she is rubbing me the wrong way. And WTF is with furs in the summer???? AND shades indoors!:wacko: I think she should go and her daughter needs to replace her IMMEDIATELY! She is kind of like Vicky of OC -- "don't you want to go to school or support yourself?" I mean why is it YOUR business what other people want or don't want to do??? I hate that! Kudos to you for making your own living but to each his/her own, no?

Christina -- even though a self-proclaimed gold-digger, I kind of like her!:P

Mary for sure has some serious self-esteem issues. And BAD plastic surgery to go with them. I wanted to high-five Jody (only that one time!) when she said "enough with botox, etc., get yourself a therapist!" you go girl!:lol: ITA)