"The Pouch"

Hi everyone,I know this is a blue but does anyone know which one,any help is appreciated.☺View attachment 5415503
It looks like it could be Linoleum, but I think Linoleum Pouches were only produced in the smooth leather, not intrecciato.

I would try posting in the ID this BV thread here:

For those of you wondering, I’m happy to report that the new patent leather does not readily show fingerprints. I brought a bag with a glazed donut to my local boutique, and I asked if they’d let me test holding a patent clutch after eating it sans napkins, but the SAs said no. I can’t imagine why? :angel:

Photos before and after of my thumb against the leather.

099601C2-1D2E-43C4-A8A7-71563B2F05CE.jpeg
846C5CD9-6C71-4EBE-A6F1-8482983F3CBA.jpeg

For those of you wondering, I’m happy to report that the new patent leather does not readily show fingerprints. I brought a bag with a glazed donut to my local boutique, and I asked if they’d let me test holding a patent clutch after eating it sans napkins, but the SAs said no. I can’t imagine why? :angel:

View attachment 5607708
View attachment 5607709
If were to eat a glazed donut in the middle of a BV boutique, I think I would be in heaven! LOL

Thank you for this update! I have the padded cassette in this finish on the way! If I love it as much as I think I will, it will be my birthday present to myself (which I was planning to buy around November or December, but a good deal popped up that I could not refuse!).

View attachment 5607708
View attachment 5607709
How fun! What is this color called?

Reactions: Evergreen602
What do you all think of the pouch with chain? I found a black one for a good price in my local pre loved store.

I know that the chains are trendy and the pouch is an odd bag in general but I can’t stop looking at it I’m a guy btw

What are your thoughts on the chain version in 2022?

What do you all think of the pouch with chain? I found a black one for a good price in my local pre loved store.

I know that the chains are trendy and the pouch is an odd bag in general but I can’t stop looking at it I’m a guy btw

What are your thoughts on the chain version in 2022?
My honest opinion , i think the chain is really trendy. And will look dated once its off trend. I’ve also heard that its really heavy. Whereas the regular pouch, is a new classic imo. Even when its no longer an on trend ‘it’ bag, its a forever classic style, whether its in the smooth leather or intrecciato. It has more longevity then the chain version, plus its more practical w/o that added weight. Just my thoughts!

My honest opinion , i think the chain is really trendy. And will look dated once its off trend. I’ve also heard that its really heavy. Whereas the regular pouch, is a new classic imo. Even when its no longer an on trend ‘it’ bag, its a forever classic style, whether its in the smooth leather or intrecciato. It has more longevity then the chain version, plus its more practical w/o that added weight. Just my thoughts!
I think you’re absolutely right! Thank you! The normal pouch with the intrecciato looks much more timeless

Reactions: Evergreen602
Hi all! I'm a recent self-confessed convert to the pouch... not being new to the brand, I have been pretty resistant to the newer designs. Maybe I'm like @pinksky777 and it was only after the trend craze/social media wave started to die down that I was able to seriously consider it. That said, I have to also add that coming across a new large in black intrecciato (the only combo I'd consider) for a ridiculously good price also helped me take the plunge. I kept all the tags on and it sat in my house for almost 30 days while I would pick it up and try it with what I was wearing that day in the mirror...etc. It was beautiful, but like many here, I just wanted to be sure it was practical and timeless. Finally took it over to @Seeeca's house recently when I was over for dinner, and after a discussion about it, I decided to keep it. I had used my camel Lauren a few days earlier after a long hiatus, so that also warmed me back up to "clutch life". I officially took the pouch out yesterday for the first time (with a Samorga insert, thanks @OneMoreDay for pointing out one exists... I also like having little pockets for scraps of paper, receipts, my vax card, doggie poop bags, pens, napkins... etc.). My quicktake:

1. The large pouch holds... A LOT. I have been known to just shove my phone and BV cardholder in my pockets and carry my car keys when heading out, so I'm not unable to "edit" , but I wanted to see how much reasonable (i.e. full but not stuffed to the gills) capacity this had.

2. Just becase you can doesn't mean you should... I think I'll carry a little less next time, because while nothing else was compromised (look of the bag, ease of finding what I needed inside, carrying it easily under my arm or by the top), it was HEAVY. I'm little embarrassed to say after running errands with it yesterday which involved standing in long lines several times (the only times it started to get burdensome), I woke up today with a sore left bicep. Maybe if I alternate arms on alternate days, it'll be an easy workout...

3. The insert is worth it - I totally agree with comments here that it does change the shape of the bag, but maybe that's an additional benefit; the insert gives the pouch another look. I just wanted some extra little pockets (less worried about sagging/squashing when carried), and wanted to protect the inside from makeup, antibacterial gel/spray, perfume...etc.). I can remove the insert if I'm carrying less/want the squishy look, and also use it when the bag is stuffed in storage.

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised and glad I jumped on it. I look forward to using it more and seeing everyone else's here!

20221201_181721.jpg

20221201_181739.jpg

20221201_181850.jpg

Hi all! I'm a recent self-confessed convert to the pouch... not being new to the brand, I have been pretty resistant to the newer designs. Maybe I'm like @pinksky777 and it was only after the trend craze/social media wave started to die down that I was able to seriously consider it. That said, I have to also add that coming across a new large in black intrecciato (the only combo I'd consider) for a ridiculously good price also helped me take the plunge. I kept all the tags on and it sat in my house for almost 30 days while I would pick it up and try it with what I was wearing that day in the mirror...etc. It was beautiful, but like many here, I just wanted to be sure it was practical and timeless. Finally took it over to @Seeeca's house recently when I was over for dinner, and after a discussion about it, I decided to keep it. I had used my camel Lauren a few days earlier after a long hiatus, so that also warmed me back up to "clutch life". I officially took the pouch out yesterday for the first time (with a Samorga insert, thanks @OneMoreDay for pointing out one exists... I also like having little pockets for scraps of paper, receipts, my vax card, doggie poop bags, pens, napkins... etc.). My quicktake:

1. The large pouch holds... A LOT. I have been known to just shove my phone and BV cardholder in my pockets and carry my car keys when heading out, so I'm not unable to "edit" , but I wanted to see how much reasonable (i.e. full but not stuffed to the gills) capacity this had.

2. Just becase you can doesn't mean you should... I think I'll carry a little less next time, because while nothing else was compromised (look of the bag, ease of finding what I needed inside, carrying it easily under my arm or by the top), it was HEAVY. I'm little embarrassed to say after running errands with it yesterday which involved standing in long lines several times (the only times it started to get burdensome), I woke up today with a sore left bicep. Maybe if I alternate arms on alternate days, it'll be an easy workout...

3. The insert is worth it - I totally agree with comments here that it does change the shape of the bag, but maybe that's an additional benefit; the insert gives the pouch another look. I just wanted some extra little pockets (less worried about sagging/squashing when carried), and wanted to protect the inside from makeup, antibacterial gel/spray, perfume...etc.). I can remove the insert if I'm carrying less/want the squishy look, and also use it when the bag is stuffed in storage.

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised and glad I jumped on it. I look forward to using it more and seeing everyone else's here!

View attachment 5663803

View attachment 5663804

View attachment 5663805
Congratulations! We're bag twins, and this is one of my favorites! I also agree the Samorga organizer helps its shape and makes it easier to find your items with the pockets. Enjoy your new beauty!

It’s funny sometimes

I actually went for the chain pouch although I tried to convince myself that the regular pouch is much more timeless etc pp
But I still always came back to the chain version. Anyway, here it is. Got it for a good deal in my local 2nd hand boutique

It’s such a weird and interesting bag. Sometimes you just have to go with your gut feeling

08CA5E7D-D6A9-4C3D-B618-DE8BE8FA4892.jpeg

View attachment 5663803

View attachment 5663804

View attachment 5663805
Thank you for the detailed review. Like you I’ve warmed up to a few of the newer designs, including this exact combo which is now definitely on my wishlist.

And no wonder your arm was sore! You have just about everything in that bag :lol: