The (Pochette) Metis Club

It’s my birthday in 8 days and I got this.
Not sure if the embossing is deep enough, but other than that I think it’s great. MIF in week 8 of this year.

Attachments

• FB049DF9-166C-43CE-B016-16228403E455.jpeg
    FB049DF9-166C-43CE-B016-16228403E455.jpeg
    219.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 9592DA15-96E7-4E36-BAC9-F0E09E7BB45A.jpeg
    9592DA15-96E7-4E36-BAC9-F0E09E7BB45A.jpeg
    241.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 1E7846E6-4495-40B1-8169-858E7AB55740.jpeg
    1E7846E6-4495-40B1-8169-858E7AB55740.jpeg
    356.2 KB · Views: 131
View attachment 5005049View attachment 5005050
So excited to purchase this beauty at the LV store yesterday, but when I got home and checked the date code I realized part of it appears to be missing. :sad: Not sure what to do now.
Awww.. That sucks. I would take it back because you don't want to have any issues if you want to sell it. Also, the embossing doesn't look very deep to me. I would wait for a more crisper piece. Just my two cents

That's a bummer! Take it get and try for another one! I have this bag and absolutely love it. It's a beautiful color.
Thank you. I absolutely love the bag, I was so sad to discover the missing date code. I checked the bag well but didn’t check the date because to me it didn’t matter the date it was made. I never thought the date code would even be a issue. I’m going to take it back and have a new one ordered. Hopefully it won’t take forever to receive and it will be in good condition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loriad
Just to my Pm today. It is very lovely
But I did notice my PM below ,
1. When standing on the table. The bag tilts forward. It is empty

2 the cover or flap is flat and touch the top edge of the bag

3 the bag tilts forward when I hold it. Instead of straight.

are these normal, or factory defects

I haven’t posted here in a LONNNNGGG time but I wanted to insert my unrequested two cents

if you aren’t 1,000% thrilled...return it or exchange it

I haven’t had the luxury of purchasing a new LV in several years but recently hubby surprised me for our 12th wedding anniversary.

I was SO excited I practically floated into LV and unfortunately none of the SAs I’ve ever worked with were still there

The SA I had the extreme displeasure of being stuck with was so rude and condescending I knew I wouldn’t be selecting a beautiful PM that evening

I had her pull a PM in navy/red because I thought it was my dream bag but it was in terrible shape. I questioned how floppy it was and also questioned that the glazing looked messy and scraped and she told me “don’t you know these are handcrafted and each one will look different?”

that was the final straw for me and I left empty handed and decided to order online

that was my long winded response to say you should be thrilled with your bag not settling

Reactions: Loriad
Thank you. I absolutely love the bag, I was so sad to discover the missing date code. I checked the bag well but didn’t check the date because to me it didn’t matter the date it was made. I never thought the date code would even be a issue. I’m going to take it back and have a new one ordered. Hopefully it won’t take forever to receive and it will be in good condition.
Fingers crossed for you! Honestly, I wouldn't have thought to check that either!

Reactions: Kkeely30
MB -- I posted this in another thread but maybe I could get your opinion? U have some beautiful empreinte PMs. I got my turtledove in late October/early November. I'm working from home, not going too many places, switching my bags out frequently since it's winter and we have snow and rain here. Yesterday I noticed my glazing looks like it's cracking. I'm so bummed cuz I love love love this bag. This shouldn't happen this soon, correct? I'm so careful! I have the protective stickers on the hardware and I really watch where I put my bags, stuff them lightly and store them in the dust bags when I'm not using them. 20210302_123206.jpg

MB -- I posted this in another thread but maybe I could get your opinion? U have some beautiful empreinte PMs. I got my turtledove in late October/early November. I'm working from home, not going too many places, switching my bags out frequently since it's winter and we have snow and rain here. Yesterday I noticed my glazing looks like it's cracking. I'm so bummed cuz I love love love this bag. This shouldn't happen this soon, correct? I'm so careful! I have the protective stickers on the hardware and I really watch where I put my bags, stuff them lightly and store them in the dust bags when I'm not using them. View attachment 5008154
Oh no! That’s definitely too soon! Your post made me pull out my 2 PM’s to see. There’s slight single crack on each side of my Rose one but I think that’s normal, it is where flap bending happens.

You should take yours in for repair/exchange, it’s still within a year (exchange window) so LV should rectify your situation. GL!

8351DE3C-A757-4E6E-8D55-F1579428E1EA.jpegB8AF1173-7558-4352-9242-03DCB24ECCF7.jpegA112F3C4-7D2C-4997-90A5-1D961790797F.jpegD93F3605-FD95-4B93-8442-69FE0B865FD4.jpeg

Last edited: