The pink predicament

Absolutely! Since my WOCs gets "handled" a lot more than my flaps (shoulder carry), I need it in patent! I chose my clutch flap with a chain in patent for this very reason as well.

After deliberating and agonizing over the colors/sizes/leather, I'd say I came to the following conclusion in terms of size/leather.
Maxi/jumbo flaps: patent because they exude more casual and carefree vibes
Medium flap: lamb because of the puffy quilts and of the elegant/classic size
Mini flap: patent because of the crossbody use. Lamb may get transfers more easily than patent through use.
Woc: patent, same reason as mini flap
boy: patent or lamb as the style compliments the leathers equally.

Bluekit, this is a fantastic "pink predicament" cheat sheet. Very helpful! Thanks for sharing it!

I love the logic and reasoning behind your choices. You are one smart cookie!
And I noticed that both you and PB selected bags that are consistent with this logic and reasoning.

Here's why the patent fuchsia works for me. It has a mauve quality that tones down the bright pink present in the lamb. If the patent were hot pink and shiny, there would be a risk of it looking cheap and too girly and inappropriate for me, but the fact that this fuchsia is toned down and has the added "wow factor" of shine provides a good balance in a "yin and yang" sort of way. In my opinion, the colour of the patent was just beautifully executed by Chanel. It makes it a very wearable and age appropriate pink for me.
I think we might just be of a similar age Escala… if not, then I can at the very least understand where you are coming from in this! ) x

Here's why the patent fuchsia works for me. It has a mauve quality that tones down the bright pink present in the lamb. If the patent were hot pink and shiny, there would be a risk of it looking cheap and too girly and inappropriate for me, but the fact that this fuchsia is toned down and has the added "wow factor" of shine provides a good balance in a "yin and yang" sort of way. In my opinion, the colour of the patent was just beautifully executed by Chanel. It makes it a very wearable and age appropriate pink for me.

Totally agree.... I think this plum pink in patent will definitely stand the test of time and won't look dated on me when I'm 50, 60, if it lasts that long..... It's very sophisticated..... Although the lamb was also described as a sophisticated pink as well.....

Your observations are absolutely correct! Despite the photos that we see, there is a distinct difference in the 'TYPE' of pink, or the VIBE that each gives off. The lambskin is definitely a more intense POP of color than the patent.

I guess I'll jump right into what I think: The patent fuchsia is an EASIER pink to assimilate into ones rotation of bags, its just a softer, and a little less dramatic of a pink. I have been using my pink patent non-stop for about a week now. I am still in blacks/greys/reds because no spring in sight, however this patent of mine has managed to stay with me and NOT feel out of place with almost anything I have worn. Its not just the color that has allowed this is also the PATENT FABRICATION that makes it an easy up and go bag. Its a effortless pink, if that makes sense. I dont feel I need to stop and analyze its co-ordination with my outfit.

I am going to take a leap here and call it a NEUTRAL PINK, IN COMPARISON TO THE LAMBSKIN VERSION

Its still bright and vibrant, but somehow easier to work with. This is the very reason I felt I needed THE patent fuchsia in my closet. I know that the m/l lambie would be more of an occasional use bag in comparison to the patent.

PB, you articulated this beautifully!

This is exactly how I feel about the patent and why I chose it over the lamb. Your comment about it being a "neutral pink" rings true to me because when I got the bag home and looked in my closet, I could see myself wearing it with just about everything! That never happens for me with a coloured bag! I think this patent finish also provides a chameleon quality that makes it look different at different angles and in different lighting conditions, thus making it much easier to match with everything, especially shoes!

I have been busy working on the infomercial. "Introducing...the MIRACLE Purse! You will never need another purse again because this one goes with EVERYTHING!!! Payable in four easy installments. Shipping and Handling Extra." But all joking aside, I really do LOVE this bag!!! And what's scary for me is the fact that I would have totally missed out on it if I hadn't gone into the boutique to make my purchase. Normally, I would just do a charge send over the phone based on a photo (like the one in this thread posted by PrincessCypress modeling the two fuchsias). On my computer monitor, the two fuchsias look very similar (as if one is just a shiny version of the other). So, I would ask my SA to send me the lamb because I don't do "shiny" and would never even have considered purchasing the patent, that is until NOW!!

PB, you articulated this beautifully!

This is exactly how I feel about the patent and why I chose it over the lamb. Your comment about it being a "neutral pink" rings true to me because when I got the bag home and looked in my closet, I could see myself wearing it with just about everything! That never happens for me with a coloured bag! I think this patent finish also provides a chameleon quality that makes it look different at different angles and in different lighting conditions, thus making it much easier to match with everything, especially shoes!

I have been busy working on the infomercial. "Introducing...the MIRACLE Purse! You will never need another purse again because this one goes with EVERYTHING!!! Payable in four easy installments. Shipping and Handling Extra." But all joking aside, I really do LOVE this bag!!! And what's scary for me is the fact that I would have totally missed out on it if I hadn't gone into the boutique to make my purchase. Normally, I would just do a charge send over the phone based on a photo (like the one in this thread posted by PrincessCypress modeling the two fuchsias). On my computer monitor, the two fuchsias look very similar (as if one is just a shiny version of the other). So, I would ask my SA to send me the lamb because I don't do "shiny" and would never even have considered purchasing the patent, that is until NOW!!
Again I completely agree. It was seeing my beautiful turquoise patent jumbo in the boutique that I immediately thought WOW… that is gorgeous! The colour changing, the shine, the puffiness, the way Chanel have somehow managed to capture the light changing hues… I just LOVE it! (and mine too seems to go with almost everything in the wardrobe!) So a very happy lady :smile: x

I suppose I got very lucky... It's even... And not so many wrinkles on the sides....
C&C, your mini looks GORGEOUS! You were fortunate to get a nice one. I totally agree with PB's assessment. There are so many wonky minis that when I manage to get a good one, I am just like Charlton Heston and you will have to "pry it from my cold dead hands." So, honestly I don't know how you will give this one up if it turns out that you do prefer the lamb. You may need to own both! It has gotten to the point where I hate doing charge sends for minis because I literally hold my breath until I open the package and then let out a sigh of relief if get one that isn't a total mess. Something to keep in mind is the fact that minis are NOT smaller versions of the M/L. In term of quality and construction, minis are inferior and this is clearly reflected in the price which is $2K lower than a M/L. Essentially you are getting what you pay for. So, if you are expecting the lamb mini to have nice puffy quilts like the larger classic flaps, you may be disappointed.

C&C, your mini looks GORGEOUS! You were fortunate to get a nice one. I totally agree with PB's assessment. There are so many wonky minis that when I manage to get a good one, I am just like Charlton Heston and you will have to "pry it from my cold dead hands." So, honestly I don't know how you will give this one up if it turns out that you do prefer the lamb. You may need to own both! It has gotten to the point where I hate doing charge sends for minis because I literally hold my breath until I open the package and then let out a sigh of relief if get one that isn't a total mess. Something to keep in mind is the fact that minis are NOT smaller versions of the M/L. In term of quality and construction, minis are inferior and this is clearly reflected in the price which is $2K lower than a M/L. Essentially you are getting what you pay for. So, if you are expecting the lamb mini to have nice puffy quilts like the larger classic flaps, you may be disappointed.

I don't know if I can give up this one for lamb.... I don't think I can justify both though lol.... I don't own a M/L so I can't compare quality bag to bag.... The mini looks of good craftsmanship to me..... I have a single flap jumbo (caviar) and it compares to that to me.... I think it looks great to me and the strap length works for me and my height....but still my heart goes back and forth and the mysterious lamb has me committed to not say yes completely to the patent.....even though I think deep down I may favor the patent more.... But I can't say that's for sure until I see the fuchsia lamb lol.... Unfortunately the closest boutique or store is a good hour and a half away..,, I've been driving out nearly every 2 weeks to scope things out and research colors and textures..... But other than a card case and wallet and a boy clutch in fuchsia lamb I have yet to see any fuchsia lamb classic flaps in person to get a sense of what the lamb mini could look like.....

Hahahha had to share.... my hubby this morning reminded me that I should take a family portrait of my Chanels bc he's seen the family portrait thread before.... But I told him I couldn't yet since I hadn't decided yet which fuchsia is for me... And I'm still waiting on my boy woc lol.... Once those are here I will do a family pic! Haha!! Sorry off topic but too cute to not share!

Hahahha had to share.... my hubby this morning reminded me that I should take a family portrait of my Chanels bc he's seen the family portrait thread before.... But I told him I couldn't yet since I hadn't decided yet which fuchsia is for me... And I'm still waiting on my boy woc lol.... Once those are here I will do a family pic! Haha!! Sorry off topic but too cute to not share!
That is just too cute!!! :biggrin:

ugh i don't know what to do. i want something pink, either the mini or small boy. i originally wanted a green patent boy + pink lamb mini but with the metallic boy quality issues, i probably shouldn't get the green boy. i have no boy bags and do want one but have 2 other pink bags (pink birkin & light pink caviar m/l) already. should i?:
a. get the boy only... cheaper and i get a boy bag
b. get the mini and another color mini (maybe 14C red/coral or orange)
c. other options?

i think i'm going to go with lamb. i haven't seen patent irl but i'm afraid of it because color transfer is permanent. i only saw the lamb briefly and won't get to see any of the bags irl before purchasing.

ugh i don't know what to do. i want something pink, either the mini or small boy. i originally wanted a green patent boy + pink lamb mini but with the metallic boy quality issues, i probably shouldn't get the green boy. i have no boy bags and do want one but have 2 other pink bags (pink birkin & light pink caviar m/l) already. should i?:
a. get the boy only... cheaper and i get a boy bag
b. get the mini and another color mini (maybe 14C red/coral or orange)
c. other options?

i think i'm going to go with lamb. i haven't seen patent irl but i'm afraid of it because color transfer is permanent. i only saw the lamb briefly and won't get to see any of the bags irl before purchasing.

You should get a regular calf or lamb boy not metallic patent... And if you can get fuchsia mini still....since you want a boy.... If you don't get it that's all you will think about....

Time for another comparison picture :woot:

Here we have the 14S patent jumbo and 14S lambskin m/l and last years 13S hot pink iridescent jumbo....

Attachments

• <untitled> copy 3.jpg
    <untitled> copy 3.jpg
    626.8 KB · Views: 456