The pink predicament

yes, I have heard of this nightmare and I guess I would never buy a very light colored patent...
my new fuchsia pink is by far the lightest one I have...

Do you think that very light colors, like light pink, lavender, are more prone to color transfer than say fuchsia or red?
I'm horrible when it comes to maintenance of my bags and have twice experienced transfer on my patent minis :cry:
So now I only buy black, deep navy or burgundy in patent, which is kinda sad, 'cause there are so many beautiful colors made in patent.

Do you think that very light colors, like light pink, lavender, are more prone to color transfer than say fuchsia or red?

I'm horrible when it comes to maintenance of my bags and have twice experienced transfer on my patent minis :cry:

So now I only buy black, deep navy or burgundy in patent, which is kinda sad, 'cause there are so many beautiful colors made in patent.

I was wondering the same.... Does this fuchsia constitute as light? Or are you talking about super light items like ivory, beige, grey, light pinks, lavenders?

girl isn't it odd that CHANEL is making soooooooooo many patents now as compared to other fabrications? I wonder looooonnnnngggggg term, like 10-15 years down the road are all our patents going to be ok? The oldest one I have is about 5 years old and it looks fab, but I wonder how they will be over a decade?

Saw the orange yesterday in an orange mini, tooo cute ;)

AND yes, light rain is just fine. Fortunately I have not been in "monsoon" rain with my patents or any other :lol:

They really do seem to be ramping up the patents for the U.S. market these days. I've had good luck so far with my patents, and hope that it continues. Time will tell. Proper storage truly is a must, as I have a few bags now that my mom had bought where the strap was tucked up next to the bag and they did stick together, and when taken apart, there is a loss of surface on one and a gain on the other. So keep your straps separate from your bag (I know we know to keep patent from touching other patent bags, but might not think about the straps).

I have the orange in a larger than mini, and it's a very cheery sunny bag. :smile:

I had my own "pink predicament" this season

I started out wanting the patent jumbo... Then, I saw the pics of the lambskin...
So I got a jumbo patent and a med/lg lambskin...
Then I decided that the med/lg was too small, so I changed it for the lamb jumbo...

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1396919012.106623.jpg

Then, I saw the fuschia boy wallet!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1396919042.639904.jpg

And asked my SA to get me the fuschia boy bag

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1396919163.044004.jpg

Then, I decided that I didn't "need" three fuchsia bags (I am sure, I'm going to regret this decision!!), so I exchanged the lambskin jumbo for a turquoise patent jumbo.

Which left me with these loves 💖💖💖

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1396919274.074375.jpg

I still wonder if I should go back for the lamb in a different size?? The quest continues!!

Thanks for letting me share!

Don't even get me started on this subject because I always find that the larger surface bags ALWAYS look better than the smaller, WOC being at the bottom of the totem pole for impact. I guess it may explain WHY that with a rather extensive CHANEL collection, I still don't have a WOC. I was finally ready to take the plunge with one of these metallic BOY colors, but then all this news of peeling/cracking sort of burst my bubble. I think I would always select a mini over a WOC because a mini still looks like a bag to me, where as a WOC looks like a wallet. I also do not change out my CC's etc and I cannot put my small wallet in a WOC :graucho:
So in summary, I can totally see how a WOC did not WOW you, LOL
********, I think it also may have something to do with the fact that I REALLY love my distressed reissue WOC, so when I put the patent fuchsia WOC next to it, I knew instantly that I would ALWAYS grab my reissue whenever I had the need to carry a WOC. So in my specific situation, I think I may be a one WOC girl! :smile:

P.S. I also have not used the credit card slots in my WOC, as I am too lazy to transfer them when switching bags. However, I keep my cards in a slim Tiffany & Co. card case and that fits nicely in my WOC with plenty of room to spare.

I started out wanting the patent jumbo... Then, I saw the pics of the lambskin...
Then I decided that the med/lg was too small, so I changed it for the lamb jumbo...

View attachment 2571375

View attachment 2571377

View attachment 2571382

Then, I decided that I didn't "need" three fuchsia bags (I am sure, I'm going to regret this decision!!), so I exchanged the lambskin jumbo for a turquoise patent jumbo.

View attachment 2571385

I still wonder if I should go back for the lamb in a different size?? The quest continues!!

i love it!! to think it all started with just one lamb or patent?!?!? haha! you are the best! can't wait to see your new T patent! have missed you on IG, must catch up soon!! xx

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR CONTRIBUTING!!!!

My predicament continues.... even after reading every post and looking at everyone's pictures!

Here's what I have thought about so far:

1. I have never had a bright pink bag of any brand! I do have other bright pink tops and pink it's one of my favorite colors! Would I wear this season's fuchsia as an everyday type of bag? No, I would only wear this color in the summer and social occasions. That's just my style and everyone is different.

2. Based on #1, what size? Since I don't plan on wearing this bag a lot, I thought I would have to do it in a smaller size. I think as an occasional bag, sizes below ml are safe for me! Good thing that I am not crazy about the boys, so one less thing to worry about!

3. After narrowing down the sizes, I have to move on to the material. I was not a fan of lambskin until I read all of the posts on the care for lambskin thread! So I started the season with getting the fuchsia lamb woc. However, after seeing it in person, the woc lamb isn't puffy and the color didn't seem as pretty as everyone who got it in ml, so I decided to exchange and be on the list for the fuchsia mini! My thought was that mini has a similar style and feel as the ml. I therefore, got on O
One list for lamb and one for patent! However, my fuchsia lamb list fell through due to some errors and miscommunication. However, I got the patent!

The fuchsia patent is more muted or not as wow in color as the lamb, I can actually see it in a bigger size. However, when I compare to my lamb woc as I remember, I wish that I was still on the lamb mini list and be able to get and do a side by side.

I already told my sa to get me the lamb if she can. Then I can do a comparison and decide. I have to have these in the same size to make a decision!!!

Like the yellow, it's hard to compare without seeing! My quest continues!

View attachment 2571375

View attachment 2571377

View attachment 2571382

View attachment 2571385

Your fuchsia collection this season is truly amazing!! Love it all! In your pic of the fuchsia lamb do you find that is pretty accurate in how it looks IRL?

View attachment 2571375

View attachment 2571377

View attachment 2571382

View attachment 2571385

so many choices!!! fabulous collection! :smile:

Hi I am a pink patent girl lover and had my heart stuck on getting the patent I was really disappointed in the colour when I saw it IRL it looked pinkish plum to me so I walked away hoping the lamb would be brighter! Lucky for me it came in 3 days later and as soon as I saw it I knew it was the one for me! It's a true pink!!

Hi I am a pink patent girl lover and had my heart stuck on getting the patent I was really disappointed in the colour when I saw it IRL it looked pinkish plum to me so I walked away hoping the lamb would be brighter! Lucky for me it came in 3 days later and as soon as I saw it I knew it was the one for me! It's a true pink!!

Good for you! I'm glad you were able to see both and be honest with yourself and know what you want/love!! I think that's why I kinda like the patent bc of the purplish plum hue... I sound like a broken record!

View attachment 2571375

View attachment 2571377

View attachment 2571382

Which left me with these loves ������

View attachment 2571385

just love your pink goodies girlfriend...

When I was at the boutique I actually saw the lamb one and it wasn't as smooth as my boy lamb. It felt less softer if that makes sense. I think someone on tpf said that it felt like the lamb bag was coated and I think that's a pretty accurate decision. I've never had a patent bag so I can't speak on the color transfer aspect. But I feel like patent would be a more fuss free bag.

To me, my dilemma is does the fushcia color look the same on both leathers, lamb and patent? If not, which one looks better? I posted this in the other fushcia mini thread but I'm scared that the patent will make me look too young? If that makes sense..
Here's why the patent fuchsia works for me. It has a mauve quality that tones down the bright pink present in the lamb. If the patent were hot pink and shiny, there would be a risk of it looking cheap and too girly and inappropriate for me, but the fact that this fuchsia is toned down and has the added "wow factor" of shine provides a good balance in a "yin and yang" sort of way. In my opinion, the colour of the patent was just beautifully executed by Chanel. It makes it a very wearable and age appropriate pink for me.