The pink predicament

Hi ladies, sorry to chime in but wanted to voice my love for the patent! I'm probly in the minority but here are my reasons why...

I agree with bluekit... Since I will be using my woc or minis crossbody, there is a lot more friction. I have a mini in lamb and caviar. I have a woc in caviar. My mini in lamb seems more delicate? It looks fine from use but I am careful with it. I've had numerous times knocking it into doors or walls. Maybe it's cuz I'm clumsy but why my second mini is in caviar.

Because of that this time I'm stocking up on patent WOCs. Lol! I also like the patent look better this time for fuschia than lamb because the lamb is too saturated of a color. Too hot pink for me but patent tones it down. I don't put emphasis on how puffy the quilts are but at least in woc, I don't think there is much difference.

I want a pop of color but not worry if it might look too "young" in a few years. I got the fuschia and blue patent wocs this season. Super excited to start using.

Good luck with ur decisions ladies!

Ic... It's funny I never thought of patent as a care free durable type of material..... It sounds like it's more practical in mini to have a patent vs lamb .... I'm pretty careful if I need to be but I would say I baby my bags either.... Sounds like I may be sticking w patent.... 1) the color is gorgeous 2) I don't have any patents in my collection 3) still waiting for the fuchsia lamb in person lol....

I totally get what you are saying here, but I don't see a different type of person gravitating more to the lambskin vs the patent because of 'undertone' preference. I think ultimately many factors would go into determination. I see the casual user seeking the patent more than lamb, I also see the mini and WOC as more practical in patent for the obvious reasons discussed before (such rubbing when cross body, more of a casual look, etc)
I absolutely agree with bluekit's breakdown and have purchased many more patent bags in recent days because I find them just SOOOOO easy to use. They always look new and fresh and I personally have not had any transfer issues BUT i do take very good care of my bags. They are all stored well when not in rotation and I never just leave them around...

I QUOTE BLUEKIT:
"After deliberating and agonizing over the colors/sizes/leather, I'd say I came to the following conclusion in terms of size/leather.
Maxi/jumbo flaps: patent because they exude more casual and carefree vibes
Medium flap: lamb because of the puffy quilts and of the elegant/classic size
Mini flap: patent because of the crossbody use. Lamb may get transfers more easily than patent through use.
Woc: patent, same reason as mini flap
boy: patent or lamb as the style compliments the leathers equally."

I must add though that I have bought a few m/l's in patent too as again I find them to be glossy and carefree on nights out with drinks, tight areas etc

I guess I see patent as user friendly in any size, although I would consider lambskin my favorite for m/l (although I even have maxi's in lamb :graucho:)

You're killing me ******** . . . I finally decide on a couple of lambskin color pops - minis in yellow/ghw and fuchsia - and now I'm second guessing especially about patent pink. The yellow is for a specific outfit/occasion but the pink was just for fun.

********, I saw a fuchsia patent WOC yesterday and quite honestly, it really did not WOW me. I wasn't even tempted to bring her home and I had been contemplating getting her in addition to the fuchsia lamb mini I'm waiting for. However, after seeing your pic of your patent jumbo and Cuteandcouture's mod pic of her patent mini, I'm thinking perhaps patent looks better on flaps vs. WOC's? :confused1:

I think on the WOC bc the quilts are less puffy it ends up making the patent look more flat which in turn may make the WOC look less wow maybe for you??

Yes, that's it exactly, Cuteandcouture! It did look more flat than I expected, because my distressed reissue WOC is a lot more puffy than the fuchsia patent WOC. I think one of features I love about patent is the glossiness and depth reflected in the puffiness of the quilts. :smile:

Don't even get me started on this subject because I always find that the larger surface bags ALWAYS look better than the smaller, WOC being at the bottom of the totem pole for impact. I guess it may explain WHY that with a rather extensive CHANEL collection, I still don't have a WOC. I was finally ready to take the plunge with one of these metallic BOY colors, but then all this news of peeling/cracking sort of burst my bubble. I think I would always select a mini over a WOC because a mini still looks like a bag to me, where as a WOC looks like a wallet. I also do not change out my CC's etc and I cannot put my small wallet in a WOC :graucho:
So in summary, I can totally see how a WOC did not WOW you, LOL

Your observations are absolutely correct! Despite the photos that we see, there is a distinct difference in the 'TYPE' of pink, or the VIBE that each gives off. The lambskin is definitely a more intense POP of color than the patent.

I guess I'll jump right into what I think: The patent fuchsia is an EASIER pink to assimilate into ones rotation of bags, its just a softer, and a little less dramatic of a pink. I have been using my pink patent non-stop for about a week now. I am still in blacks/greys/reds because no spring in sight, however this patent of mine has managed to stay with me and NOT feel out of place with almost anything I have worn. Its not just the color that has allowed this is also the PATENT FABRICATION that makes it an easy up and go bag. Its a effortless pink, if that makes sense. I dont feel I need to stop and analyze its co-ordination with my outfit.

I am going to take a leap here and call it a NEUTRAL PINK, IN COMPARISON TO THE LAMBSKIN VERSION

Its still bright and vibrant, but somehow easier to work with. This is the very reason I felt I needed THE patent fuchsia in my closet. I know that the m/l lambie would be more of an occasional use bag in comparison to the patent.

I think you made an interesting point.... Perhaps I'm more attracted to this neutral-esque pink due to its wearability.... It's not super in your face and kinda a nice way to ease into introducing color into my warebrobe/accessories....my other two Chanel's are both black and I have a pearly white WOC so besides my blue yen wallet this is my first colorful bag purchase..... Does anyone wear their patent bags in the rain? Or does patent soak up water?

I think you made an interesting point.... Perhaps I'm more attracted to this neutral-esque pink due to its wearability.... It's not super in your face and kinda a nice way to ease into introducing color into my warebrobe/accessories....my other two Chanel's are both black and I have a pearly white WOC so besides my blue yen wallet this is my first colorful bag purchase..... Does anyone wear their patent bags in the rain? Or does patent soak up water?

Water can get underneath the patent layer down to the leather and if it does, it will show up as a dark spot, and can't be fixed. I think a light rain would be fine, but not a heavy one.

Ask me again after I get caught in a summer rain with my orange patent, and I may have another response. :smile:

I totally get what you are saying here, but I don't see a different type of person gravitating more to the lambskin vs the patent because of 'undertone' preference. I think ultimately many factors would go into determination. I see the casual user seeking the patent more than lamb, I also see the mini and WOC as more practical in patent for the obvious reasons discussed before (such rubbing when cross body, more of a casual look, etc)
I absolutely agree with bluekit's breakdown and have purchased many more patent bags in recent days because I find them just SOOOOO easy to use. They always look new and fresh and I personally have not had any transfer issues BUT i do take very good care of my bags. They are all stored well when not in rotation and I never just leave them around...

Yes I realize probably more factors goes into deciding on lamb vs patent but just looking at the color itself (taking the types of leather out of pot) I was just curious how one would describe or differentiate each unique fuchsia.... But I think I'm seeing the light a little bit....

Water can get underneath the patent layer down to the leather and if it does, it will show up as a dark spot, and can't be fixed. I think a light rain would be fine, but not a heavy one.

Ask me again after I get caught in a summer rain with my orange patent, and I may have another response. :smile:

Hahah ok ok.... Oh didn't you mention in another thread that's there is a spray protectant for patent??

You're killing me ******** . . . I finally decide on a couple of lambskin color pops - minis in yellow/ghw and fuchsia - and now I'm second guessing especially about patent pink. The yellow is for a specific outfit/occasion but the pink was just for fun.
girlfriend please don't panic, I speak 'generally only' of course...
your yellow is completely warranted and adorable...I would endorse your yellow mini 100%!!!

In fact I would buy one too ;)

I know your collection and I know these are not going to be your daily bags sooooo you are PERFECT! These generalizations apply to bags we intend to use daily. I have several novelty bags in lighter colors myself, but those are special occasion bags and they are JUST FINE, because they are not coming to COSTCO/CROSSBODY with me, LOL

So excited you are adding these POPS...the pink lambie is gorgeous, but if you think you want to use it for longer periods of time then perhaps patent is an option...

And ultimately I will say this: BUY WHAT YOU LOVE, what sings to you...and in your case,
BE happy, all is well hockeymama :hugs:!

Last edited:
+1 +1 +1 well said. buy what you love... this is why chanel is and still is so popular in any type of leather/color they make. it will appeal to some one out there for sure. there will be the blue lovers and the red lovers and this thread dedicated to all the pink lovers. :biggrin:
girlfriend please don't panic, I speak 'generally only' of course...
your yellow is completely warranted and adorable...I would endorse your yellow mini 100%!!!

In fact I would buy one too ;)

I know your collection and I know these are not going to be your daily bags sooooo you are fine! These generalizations apply to bags we intend to use daily. I have several novelty bags in lighter colors myself, but those are special occasion bags and they are JUST FINE, because they are not coming to COSTCO/CROSSBODY with me, LOL

So excited you are adding these POPS...the pink lambie is gorgeous, but if you think you want to use it for longer periods of time then perhaps patent is an option...

And ultimately I will say this: BUY WHAT YOU LOVE, what sings to you...and in your case....
BE happy, all is well hockeymama :hugs:!

I think you get my drift, LOL and yes patent makes for delightful mini's....I have a 12P green that I honestly run round all summer with, as crazy bright as the color is, I wear it with everything during errands time! I think the equivalent of my green mini for this season would be the fuchsia patent and this vibrant orange patent...'fun, usable, adorable, relatively stress free, cross body, AND "classic looking" bags" :happydance::woot::lolots:

Its very neutral-esque pink for sure (we are using this term figuratively and relatively of course!

Last edited:

girl isn't it odd that CHANEL is making soooooooooo many patents now as compared to other fabrications? I wonder looooonnnnngggggg term, like 10-15 years down the road are all our patents going to be ok? The oldest one I have is about 5 years old and it looks fab, but I wonder how they will be over a decade?

Saw the orange yesterday in an orange mini, tooo cute ;)

AND yes, light rain is just fine. Fortunately I have not been in "monsoon" rain with my patents or any other :lol:

I LOVE your pics and how dedicated you are (Face time inspection lol!) I amtorn between the 2 as well and will prob decide on getting only 1. I do love both colors I wish the lamb was maybe just a tad darker and or had that blue undertone as many have noted in the patent so that way they would be closer to each other in the realm of the fuchsianess :smile:
;) thanks Glamrus, I'm really having a field day with my blog and the photography with it! Yes I wanted DH to scout for obvious faults, minor things would be pointless to ask of him (they think everything looks great) but I am super picky so he has learnt my ways a bit, LOL

I am excited to hear your thoughts and I just know you'll LOVE miss FUCHSIA (oh and I'm anxious to know about the other we were discussing too ;) xo)

Ok Escala, how would you best describe the fuchsia lamb and how would you best describe the fuchsia patent?

To me the fuchsia patebt looks like a candy watermelon color if that makes sense....View attachment 2570329

And it varies in daylight to indoors....

View attachment 2570330
:yahoo:you got a fabulous piece by the way...sometimes mini's look all distorted and sloppy to me, but this one :tup:
I could paint my bedroom in this PINK, I tried, but it didn't go over well with DH, LOL:lolots: