The Maxi Cabat

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. This is a place to discuss The Maxi Cabat. A place to post information about the style, colours available each season, skins available, various treatments available seasonally, your own pictures, your experience with the bag, what fits in this bag, thoughts, feelings (good and bad) etc.

"The Maxi Cabat" is one of the first designs by the new Creative Director of Bottega Veneta - Daniel Lee.
    The Maxi Cabat (all versions) is a brand new design introduced for Spring 2019. Launched officially on the website (for pre-sale) in early February 2019. The Maxi Cabat is woven entirely by hand (as with previous versions) but now with oversized double-faced nappa fettuce.
    It is available in Nappa and Matte Calf.

The BV logo/heatstamp is embossed on the outside of the Matte Calf Maxi Cabat and the Maxi Cabat in Nappa, but only the one with the smooth nappa leather top.

The Maxi Cabat comes in two sizes - the regular size and a smaller one called "The Maxi Cabat 30".
    The Maxi Cabats in Nappa come with a wallet/cardholder-style accessory attached by a gold chain (with the exception of Nero which has a silver chain).
    The Maxi Cabat in Matte Calf does not appear to come with the accessory pouch.

Available Colours (as of writing this) and pricing are: *prices listed in US Dollars
    Maxi Cabat in Nappa: Nero and Mist. $9,500.00 USD *also comes in a Nero/Mist combination
    Maxi Cabat in Nappa (two-tone aka: Maxi Intreccio Check Nappa): Signal Blue/Nero, Mustard/Nero, Grass/Nero, Poppy/Mist. $9,500.00 USD *also comes in just Nero
    Maxi Cabat in Matte Calf: Camel. $4,500.00 USD
    Maxi Cabat 30: Nero and Mustard/Nero. $4,600.00 USD
    Maxi Cabat in Soft Crocodile: Nero *price unavailable ATM.

Dimensions:
    Maxi Cabat in Nappa: W-16.5" H-25.9" D-6.3" / W-42cm H-66cm D-16cm
    Maxi Cabat in Matte Calf: W-16.9" H-25.9" D-6.2" / W-42cm H-66cm D-16cm
    The Maxi Cabat 30: W-11.4" H-13.7" D-5.1" / W-29cm H-35cm D-13cm

2. Maxi Cabat in Matte Calf.
    Colour pictured is Camel

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 4.06.03 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 4.48.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 4.06.23 PM.png
    fabuleux, monkeyjuju and ksuromax like this.
  3. Maxi Cabat in Nappa.
    Colours pictured top to bottom are: Nero, Grass/Nero, Poppy/Nero, and Mustard Nero.

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 4.12.51 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 4.05.21 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 4.51.25 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 4.54.43 PM.png

fabuleux, monkeyjuju and ksuromax like this.
  4. Maxi Cabat in Nappa (the one with the smooth nappa leather top)
    Colours pictured from top to bottom are: Mist, and Mist/Nero.

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 4.06.46 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 4.57.50 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 4.59.10 PM.png

monkeyjuju and ksuromax like this.
  5. Photos of The Maxi Cabat 30.
    Colours pictured top to bottom are: Nero, and Mustard Nero.

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 4.10.20 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 4.10.59 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 4.11.15 PM.png

6. A few random photos, modshots from the BV website etc.
    Photo 1: Maxi Cabat modshot Poppy/Mist
    Photo 2: Maxi Cabat modshot Mustard/Nero
    Photo 3: Maxi 30 Cabat modshot Mustard/Nero
    Photo 4: What are these rivet things on the side of the Maxi 30 Cabat? no bueno
    Photo 5: Available Maxi Cabat combinations courtesy of the lovely Bryan in Hawaii :flowers:

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 4.04.08 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 4.09.29 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 5.01.30 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 5.02.40 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 4.01.19 PM.png

monkeyjuju likes this.
  7. I’m not one to spend thousands on a bag, I’ve always bought my BV bags preloved, keeping my new purchases to SLGs (on sale, too). But I’ve never felt like the old Cabats were ridiculously overpriced. Just out of my price range.

These??? Just no. I think the price point is insane for what you get. They don’t even look intricate anymore!!!

8. I am going to have to pass on these. Some of them look just ridiculous

Bagcoolie, J.T. and monkeyjuju like this.
  9. thank you, V0N, for your efforts, really helpfull to see them all in one place!

V0N1B2, Bagcoolie, ODEDIHAIMS and 2 others like this.
  10. and there's no sterling silver plate on the pouch any more :sad:

monkeyjuju and J.T. like this.
  11. I will be very interested to see who buys this basic tote at such a ridiculous price point. Does not look overly practical either, dimensions seem off

couturequeen, Bagcoolie and ksuromax like this.
  12. Guess it’s no longer limited edition. But it might as well be coz I doubt they’ll sell more than 10 of these

13. and only if Daniel's besties will buy 9 of them! :lol:

frenziedhandbag, Bagcoolie and J.T. like this.
  14. OMG........WTF?

15. I definitely can see the type of people that attend Virgil Abloh’s runways and certain fashion bloggers with questionable taste/personality wearing the bicolor ones, especially the grass/nero and the one that looks like a picnic tablecloth and suddenly “looooooving” Bottega and finding Bottega to be “killing it lately”.

The plain ones are just OK design-wise— not gorgeous or anything like that, but they’re better and more Bottega (I guess) than the very first pieces we saw by DL. Then again, I wouldn’t call them a Cabat, though the name fits by definition. Price-wise, they are offensive and outrageous. I get it on the original (and $2K cheaper) Cabats, even when they have gone up quite a bit on the last years, but these?

jade, Bagcoolie and J.T. like this.