The LV Rescue Club

I'm so bummed. My "darling" child got maple syrup on the base of my montsouris gm. The base was absolutely pristine before this incident.:sad:

Does anyone have any suggestions for removing/lightening the stain? I tried using LMB vachetta cleaner & conditioner immediately after it happened, but those products barely did anything. Would a magic eraser work? I know it's harsh and not great for the leather, but I figured it might be okay to use a harsher stain removal solution for the base (I would never use magic eraser on the straps, visible trim, etc). How do you remove stains on vachetta with magic eraser? Is there a specific technique involved?

Attachments

• IMG_2781.JPG
    IMG_2781.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 1,002
I think most people buy preloved because they don´t have the money for brand new (and want maybe only one LV bag) or want to save some money as the price is really good or don´t want to have trouble regarding patina and those people tend to buy canvas bags as these are the most known bags. Often they buy only one lv bag (neverfull or speedy..) and then they never buy anthing again so I can understand why canvas is then so popular.. If I had to choose only one lv bag it would be also a canvas bag not leather.. leather is not so well known..-... Before I got to know LV better I thought the canvas bags were leather bags and that there are only the monogram handbags and that there is only the neverfull speedy and some other popular ones which you have seen on the street.. I didn´t know that they had so many leather bags and that the canvas is not leather haha
so I think most people who are not into designer fashion think the same and have no idea or are not intersted to know and are maybe "afraid" of walking into the LV Store or any other high expensive store (if they want to buy only one handbag)
I was also nervous the first time I went there.. I thought they will look at me like I can´t afford it but I was wrong haha :smile: they treated me so well so I got LV addicted haha...

That´s why I would like to buy leather bags especially vernis bags preloved as the price is sooo goood and you save a lot.. I bought my alma bb amaranta for 750 EUR instead of 1320 EUR (3 years old) and it looked almost brand new.. Many people think vernis is too delicate and that´s why it is not so popular on the preloved market but I know it´s not delicate at all :smile: I sold this bag then for 850 euro but I tried to sell it for more but there was no demand for it.. only 1 girl contacted me and I sold it to her..

Same like chanel.. the most popular ones will hold the value and the other chanel bags won´t hold it´s value as they are not well known or just seasonal and the demand for that is very low... everybody who wants to have only 1-2 chanel bag wants the classic ones or boy or other popular bags (preloved or new)
Thanks! What you said make very good sense!

I'm so bummed. My "darling" child got maple syrup on the base of my montsouris gm. The base was absolutely pristine before this incident.:sad:
Does anyone have any suggestions for removing/lightening the stain? I tried using LMB vachetta cleaner & conditioner immediately after it happened, but those products barely did anything. Would a magic eraser work? I know it's harsh and not great for the leather, but I figured it might be okay to use a harsher stain removal solution for the base (I would never use magic eraser on the straps, visible trim, etc). How do you remove stains on vachetta with magic eraser? Is there a specific technique involved?

I have used magic eraser with the LMB cleaner to remove a few mystery stains on my Montsouris GM and it worked great. I rub it gently, not overly saturating the area as to prevent a watermark. I work on the area for a while till I am happy. Sometimes I have to scrub a little but I am careful and make sure I am not damaging the leather. If ur leather is dried out you might condition it first because magic eraser is drying.
After you clean it to ur liking and it completely dries, condition it so it doesn't remain dried out. I'm not sure if ur stain will come out entirely, but it may lighten it a bit.
*If you notice a watermark while doing this go over the watermark area very very lightly (using lightly damp cloth or magic eraser) to kinda blend in the water mark (like patina champ technique to blend in water marks). Good luck!

Hi!
I've just purchased this Noe in Epi leather that has dried paint on it. Do you have any suggestions on how to remove it? I'm thinking about dying it but would like to try cleaning it first :confused1:

Attachments

• IMG_5927.PNG
    IMG_5927.PNG
    774.7 KB · Views: 919
@Sandra.AT, why did you sell your vernis Alma BB?
to fund my chanel classic flap bag jumbo ... this was one of the main reasons. I had to sell 1 bag to have space for this bag haha
I also knew I wouldn´t use this bag so often as soon as I get my jumbo and that´s true.. I use my alma bb DE or my Chanel jumbo on weekends depending on what I do or wear..but I was planning to get an alma bb in a brighter vernis colour someday :smile:

Reactions: haruki2008