The LV Rescue Club

Here's my story: After searching for a Graffiti Speedy for two years, I was unable to find one in my price range in the condition I desired. So I looked into vachetta replacement and decided that was the way to revitalize a well loved bag. After finding him on eBay, I dropped him off at my boutique. Three weeks later, he was back and stunning. Here are the before and after pics.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Hopefully this Graffiti Speedy's story can inspire others to breath some life back into a forgotten LV.
Looks amazing!

Here's my story: After searching for a Graffiti Speedy for two years, I was unable to find one in my price range in the condition I desired. So I looked into vachetta replacement and decided that was the way to revitalize a well loved bag. After finding him on eBay, I dropped him off at my boutique. Three weeks later, he was back and stunning. Here are the before and after pics.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Hopefully this Graffiti Speedy's story can inspire others to breath some life back into a forgotten LV.

May I ask how much it costs to change every piece of vachetta? I was considering doing the exact same thing....your bag looks great!

Reactions: Rumbabird
View attachment 3493975 First post: I have gathered lots of information on this site, so I would like to share one of my recent ventures in hopes of helping someone else. I attempted to clean my speedy's handles with a number of things, only to have them appear dull and just nasty. I decided to have them replaced back in March. After I got my bag back I wasn't too fond of the color difference, but I expected it. I allowed my bag to sit near a window almost daily for about a month. I then began to use it again, and it has evened out nicely. I love how it turned out.
May I ask how much it cost to replace the handles? Was debating it for one of my bags!

Reactions: SLW_Bags
Started a project today. I got this vintage Bedford for a song. I can't wait to finish it and be able to take her out for a spin. I also ordered a vintage Houston, but have received it yet.

View attachment 3561038
View attachment 3561039
View attachment 3561040

I'm using Fiebing leather dye

So my masking tape allowed some dye to bleed through. I have been debating whether or not I can live with it. I really like the contrast between the black and the vachetta, but the perfectionist in me only sees the sloppiness. Looks like I'll be dying the straps too.

Reactions: LVorDie
So my masking tape allowed some dye to bleed through. I have been debating whether or not I can live with it. I really like the contrast between the black and the vachetta, but the perfectionist in me only sees the sloppiness. Looks like I'll be dying the straps too.

Kind of disappointed I had to do the straps too, but overall I'm happy with how it turn out. IMG_1483240339.909524.jpg
IMG_1483240382.547103.jpg

Tygrrlilley's post has inspired me to dye a Vernis bag as well, however Fiebing's Leather Dye is banned in California so I have to find an alternative. :sad:
Has anyone had any luck with Angelus Leather Dye? It seems to be the other dye popping up for dying bags.

Tygrrlilley's post has inspired me to dye a Vernis bag as well, however Fiebing's Leather Dye is banned in California so I have to find an alternative. :sad:
Has anyone had any luck with Angelus Leather Dye? It seems to be the other dye popping up for dying bags.

I actually used Fiebings low VOC, which is available in CA. I got mine at Hobby Lobby, but they also carry it at Tandy Leather.

Reactions: Kidclarke