The LV Rescue Club

Looks great! I contacted LMB and Havre de Luxe to see if their products would work. I got ByeByeDye first and tried that. It got the dye out. It was very light denim transfer but to me, it was very noticeable and upsetting.
Thanks and I'm glad to hear that you got the dye out! I understand how you felt - I was upset when that happened to my bag and I didn't know what to do. I bought ByeByeDye too in case the leather conditioner didn't work.

Here's to hoping for no more dye transfer incidents! :smile:

• Love
Reactions: RandomNESS
I love vintage and been searching on and off for a vintage trousse with eclair zipper. I see some with tarnish that is green in color, will it come off with brasso or similar polishing product?

I'm here to share my ignorance :idea: I've just become the new caretaker of a vintage Deauville. I'm slowly trying to bring her back to life. She arrived to me dry and stiff. Today, I worked on the zipper hoping to make it prettier. I had NO IDEA it would also make the zipper work better! Maybe that's me being stupid? Don't care, I'm thrilled! Here's a before and after...

IMG_0675.jpeg

IMG_0687.jpeg

I'm here to share my ignorance :idea: I've just become the new caretaker of a vintage Deauville. I'm slowly trying to bring her back to life. She arrived to me dry and stiff. Today, I worked on the zipper hoping to make it prettier. I had NO IDEA it would also make the zipper work better! Maybe that's me being stupid? Don't care, I'm thrilled! Here's a before and after...

View attachment 5745756

View attachment 5745757
It looks great! How did you get it so bright?

Reactions: bennifer
Thanks! I probably need to do a bit more but it's SO much better. I used a Cape Cod Cloth and buffed with a microfiber cloth.
Wow! I've just ordered the Cape Cod Cloth, I'd never heard of it. I have a vintage Trousse 23 from 1982 which I purchased pre-loved last year. I cannot get the zip to shine! I sold my Deauville a few years ago but regret it nad often consider buying another! Enjoy your bag and I look forward to seeing your 'back to life' photos! x

View attachment 5745756

View attachment 5745757
Rubbing wax paper over the zipper can make stubborn zippers zip smoothly

Thanks for replying! I tried to shine a zipper with Brasso but I didn't do a great job bc I was afraid of staining the zipper tape, so this sounds like a better solution for me.
Next time I use them, I'll likely wear gloves. The wipes are scented and hours later I still couldn't get the smell off my hands. But if that's the only thing I have to complain about about them - I'll take it!

Wow! I've just ordered the Cape Cod Cloth, I'd never heard of it. I have a vintage Trousse 23 from 1982 which I purchased pre-loved last year. I cannot get the zip to shine! I sold my Deauville a few years ago but regret it nad often consider buying another! Enjoy your bag and I look forward to seeing your 'back to life' photos! x
Thank you! Hoping soon the perfect Deauville will drop back into your life!

Reactions: LynneC