The JADE thread!

Got a vintage jade/Serpentine?
Dragon pendant for £2 on ebay- I think it’s definitely stone and not complaining at the price.

Am a bit unsure about buying high ticket on eBay though.View attachment 5063008
For 2 dollars, I doubt it'd be vintage, but it could be jade as well. I do agree that buying on ebay is risky unless you've had previously bought from a seller and know that they're selling genuine untreated jade. It's also why the reputable jade sellers thread exists so you know who to buy from! :smile:

For 2 dollars, I doubt it'd be vintage, but it could be jade as well. I do agree that buying on ebay is risky unless you've had previously bought from a seller and know that they're selling genuine untreated jade. It's also why the reputable jade sellers thread exists so you know who to buy from! :smile:
That is an amazing thread. Thank you for the recommendation. Am looking at some of the sellers now.

Reactions: AJadecent Angle
Sharing my loot for this Friday! Icy bunny set into a bracelet with cabochon egg, icy flower earrings and a slim 飘花 floating forest green flowers on a white lustrous bangle! :biggrin: I was to pick up the orange flowers/confetti on white base bangle but when I saw it IRL, it looked too similar to my white princess and though very smooth white and fine grained, was very opaque. So I persuaded the seller to let me exchange for the floating flowers which is much slimmer and finer quality (and of cos much more in price!) Will take better photos tomorrow! Just so excited to share :biggrin:

50375BBD-E723-4CA7-828E-86C3FE3694F0.jpeg

6238DE33-524F-40D8-95BD-081F38E73DD2.jpeg

432E2587-55DA-44DE-AED2-BE34E466492E.jpeg

03B6F308-85BC-4D4F-A9F7-360F705D198D.jpeg

62B909D4-B453-4860-A6E4-FCEFBC14D0DF.jpeg

Wearing my white bangle and ring today ❤
View attachment 5063475

So lovely . Love all the white creamy smooth bangles . I recall you liked the black 乌鸡 too . Monochrome ( black & white ) is the easiest to match up with any outfit

Sharing my loot for this Friday! Icy bunny set into a bracelet with cabochon egg, icy flower earrings and a slim 飘花 floating forest green flowers on a white lustrous bangle! :biggrin: I was to pick up the orange flowers/confetti on white base bangle but when I saw it IRL, it looked too similar to my white princess and though very smooth white and fine grained, was very opaque. So I persuaded the seller to let me exchange for the floating flowers which is much slimmer and finer quality (and of cos much more in price!) Will take better photos tomorrow! Just so excited to share :biggrin:

View attachment 5063607

View attachment 5063608

View attachment 5063609

View attachment 5063610

View attachment 5063613
And here’s the orange flowers/confetti bangle which though pretty did not grab me...

omg ! Gorgeous loot ! Yep , though I love mine with the “orange fireworks” , this variety while fine grain tends to score lesser in the translucence department . Your bunny bracelet turned out really pretty as well! The earrings makes up a very lovely matchy pair as well . Heart the iciness

Reactions: VintageyGirl
2F9A8666-80DC-40B7-AB28-C3CEF7D24C4F.jpeg
Fireworks vs the icy oval I have .
This is what I mean @VintageyGirl

kinda like a trade off yes , one is icy & the other bright orange spots. But white ‘s iciness remains a sort of a “ Main course vs the occasional desert “ , like every couple of days I need to wear it again , or else the blue icy one.

I can understand why u chose the 飘蓝花 floating blue flower , as it looks more translucent and stand out more compared with the creamy white with faint orange dots !

Last edited:
So lovely . Love all the white creamy smooth bangles . I recall you liked the black 乌鸡 too . Monochrome ( black & white ) is the easiest to match up with any outfit

omg ! Gorgeous loot ! Yep , though I love mine with the “orange fireworks” , this variety while fine grain tends to score lesser in the translucence department . Your bunny bracelet turned out really pretty as well! The earrings makes up a very lovely matchy pair as well . Heart the iciness
View attachment 5063969
Fireworks vs the icy oval I have .
This is what I mean @VintageyGirl

kinda like a trade off yes , one has interesting spots and the other bright orange spots. But white ‘s iciness remains a sort of a “ Main course vs the occasional desert “ , like every couple of days I need to wear it again , or else the blue icy one.

I can understand why u chose the 飘蓝花 floating blue flower , as it looks more translucent and stand out more compared with the creamy white with faint orange dots !
According to the seller, the flower earrings are highly icy haha. They are more translucent than the rabbit. Your icy bangle is the best. Super translucent and fine and slim. It would be my “main course “ too every day :smile: the orange spots white base one is a different kind. Also pretty but I found the white side too similar to my princess. It’s also very thick. Still a nice piece tho would prefer the orange spots to be bigger like yours. The bluish green floating flowers bangle look much more lustrous and translucent in comparison. Much finer looking. I tend to be drawn towards slimmer and more translucent bangles nowadays :biggrin: bonus is it’s an oval which I like for the better fit!

I can relate to this. The heart wants what it wants sometimes. Thatʻs how I wound up with Rice (top bangle).
Here is a repost of her with Smoke (green & white bottom bangle).

Sheʻs got internal flaws in three spaces and I really ought to have her banded. I almost never wear Rice because Iʻm afraid of knocking and breaking her.

YYWNlGp.jpg
Both lovely and translucent! Your Smoke looks like my latest floating flowers!

Attachments

• D8E396F3-3573-4CB3-9FFE-B31F1C52B402.jpeg
    D8E396F3-3573-4CB3-9FFE-B31F1C52B402.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 10
Sorry to bombard! Here is the bangle, bunny bracelet and icy flower earrings taken in daylight. Rainy day today so hard to get good daylight shots! Hehe. Wanna wear the bracelet and bangle together but worried about them clanking and damaging each other :annoyed:

Attachments

• 2AC090BA-F46F-46E6-BCEA-F82659D1AFDD.jpeg
    2AC090BA-F46F-46E6-BCEA-F82659D1AFDD.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 23E4C5D3-D7CC-455B-960C-C67A6ABE6B8E.jpeg
    23E4C5D3-D7CC-455B-960C-C67A6ABE6B8E.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 18
  • CE4B3541-DE60-4100-B690-58A4FBD19863.jpeg
    CE4B3541-DE60-4100-B690-58A4FBD19863.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 15