The JADE thread!

GIA, IGS, Gemselect, and Mindat are very good sites to look at for everything related to jade and it's specifics all the way down to pre-civilization uses. If you want to learn about market terms of specific type of jades color, transparency, values/bargaining, then Chinese websites are way more helpful due to it's abundance of websites and videos talking about it. To access the Chinese side of everything, you'll need a good translator site (I use Yandex translate in this case). If you want to search up everything jadeite only, then it's 翡翠. For nephrite it'll be 和田玉, everything from Siberian nephrite, to China's own nephrites are generally categorized in there.
Hope it helps!
Edit: Here's a link to how highly regarded jadeite is in China where there's stalls dedicated to selling glassy type of jade (aka the highest quality of jade for transparency). Link (Google Translate needed)
Thank you so much for all this amazing advice. Those shiny pieces peas in the pod are so beautiful.

Reactions: AJadecent Angle
Thank you so much for all this amazing advice. Those shiny pieces peas in the pod are so beautiful
88ED5B44-55D6-4017-8DB7-B2ADD7008E00.jpeg.
Found some jade beads I had from a broken bracelet and made a little wristband but am on the hunt for something prettier.
I showed my OH the pea pod and he said it looked like something rude. What a philistine!

Also I understand the stonelines are very concerning and she made it very clear in her listing description that it’s there though it’s internal + the price was already marked down cause of it. Still didn’t stop me from getting the piece. :P

I can relate to this. The heart wants what it wants sometimes. Thatʻs how I wound up with Rice (top bangle).
Here is a repost of her with Smoke (green & white bottom bangle).

Sheʻs got internal flaws in three spaces and I really ought to have her banded. I almost never wear Rice because Iʻm afraid of knocking and breaking her.

YYWNlGp.jpg

I can relate to this. The heart wants what it wants sometimes. Thatʻs how I wound up with Rice (top bangle).
Here is a repost of her with Smoke (green & white bottom bangle).

Sheʻs got internal flaws in three spaces and I really ought to have her banded. I almost never wear Rice because Iʻm afraid of knocking and breaking her.

YYWNlGp.jpg
Well aren’t those quite an eyecandy. :loveeyes:
Also agreed with udalrike that life’s too short to worry about the possibility of Rice breaking cause of the internal stonelines, Smoke on the other hand is teasing me as I don’t think I can ever get a bangle like her without spending major $$$.:lol: