Scarves The How-To Guide for Scarves!!!! NO CHATTER!

Hello! I can't recall who asked maybe @LKBNOLA ???? or maybe @MAGJES about the more and pocket square necklace I did. It is very easy (because that is all I do!) Mods shot first and then I'll put the tute in pics below it. It is reversible and can be worn either side up.

Side 1
side1mod.jpg

Side 2

side2mod.jpg

DIRECTIONS:

You need: 1 pocket square or 55cm bandana, and a regular size Mors ring. The cute mini Mors is too small for this. You can also use a metal buckle style scarf ring or a large open metal ring. It really needs to be metal because you need the weight to make the pendant part work right.

1- Lay out your pocket square (or bandana) preparing it for a bias fold by turning in 2 corners to the middle, and you regular size Mors ring.

as1.jpg

2-Keep folding as usual when making bias fold and then fold it over in half. It needs to be a smallish tube when done.

biasfold1.jpg

3-Insert the folded scarf in to the larger Mors end (I tried the smaller double ring end and it is too tight for comfort for me...)

biasandmors.jpg

4- Take your lovely silk construction and open up the little folded loop you now have sticking out of the bigger ring.

morsfold.jpg

5- Now insert the free ends of the scarf in to the opened silk loop.

morsends.jpg

6- Pull the ends through til snug and adjust for neatness (you'll need it because it helps give it some length). You have 2 sides you can choose from now to face forward.

Side one- fabric forward. I adjust the fabric down over the loop on this side until it is snug. You need the length to tie the ends around your neck.
side1.jpg

Side 2- Mors ring turned to the front makes a different look. It's just the back side of the above pic. The fabric has been adjusted down around the ring until snug and this is the result on the other side.

side2.jpg

Happy pocket square wearing!

Hello everyone! I have recently bought my first double face scarf and, although I know a lot of ties for the usual 90cm silk scarves, I cannot think of any that would really show off this scarf’s unique feature. Can anyone suggest ties that would make the most of the double face? TIA.

The scarf is Sous Le Charme d’Orphee, H903702S 05

Here are images of the two sides:

CF81C6F2-B776-49D2-B6E1-4672C23AB424.jpeg89292B53-DC73-4157-96B6-B8564835888A.jpeg

Hello everyone! I have recently bought my first double face scarf and, although I know a lot of ties for the usual 90cm silk scarves, I cannot think of any that would really show off this scarf’s unique feature. Can anyone suggest ties that would make the most of the double face? TIA.

View attachment 5444361View attachment 5444362
It is a beauty @HermesHope! I have a small but growing collex of doubleface and here is a favorite tie I learned from @Yoon daily scarf that works well with this format. She calls it "Vertical Chain d'Ancre Knot". Basically fold in a bias and pass the scarf through the top hole of a cda ring. Center the ring on the scarf and place around your neck with the ring hanging vertically in the middle. Pass the other ends through the bottom hole, twisting slightly so the opposite sides of the tails are facing up. Here is a photo of Clair de Lune:
Clair de Lune .jpg
Hope this helps! It should look amazing with your new scarf!

Last edited:

View attachment 5444361View attachment 5444362
Beautiful, HermesHope. :faint: I like this one, which I think would be gorgeous with yours. Hold scarf at one corner and let it drop into folds. Wrap the end you are holding and tie to leave the folds hanging. I hope this makes sense.
BEBECBF7-7C60-4A9C-A900-0C406A85F85A.jpeg

It is a beauty @HermesHope! I have a small but growing collex of doubleface and here is a favorite tie I learned from @Yoon daily scarf that works well with this format. She calls it "Vertical Chain d'Ancre Knot". Basically fold in a bias and pass the scarf through the top hole of a cda ring. Center the ring on the scarf and place around your neck with the ring hanging vertically in the middle. Pass the other ends through the bottom hole, twisting slightly so the opposite sides of the tails are facing up. Here is a photo of Clair de Lune:
View attachment 5444490
Hope this helps! It should look amazing with your new scarf!
I just love this, LKB. Must try it!

• Love
Reactions: Awillow
This looks PHENOMENAL on you, @ShadowComet !!! Please tell me how you tied the twilly so the ends are hidden.

Loooove this on you!!!

Lea Michele Rip GIF

Thanks @Notorious Pink. This is how I tied them.

19022311-62BA-4A74-A0E4-9D6C35954172.jpeg

533F8017-C168-4604-9FDC-4D3FC22AE403.jpeg

01F41827-4239-4E67-BA73-057537D7F95A.jpeg

Gavroche and Pearl Necklace

157A9A55-CB08-4161-99F5-892F72FE95B0.jpeg

I used a cheap, long strand of pearls.

Bias fold the Gavroche and double over the necklace so it’s short (just long enough to go round one side of your neck).

Thread one end of the scarf through the pearls

9792D9A9-3DAD-4DDB-9B88-630528DDE34D.jpeg

Place around the neck so scarf is on one side and necklace on the other. Place one end of the scarf through the necklace and knot.

A0B96B33-221A-4DFA-B44A-36D0DD45885A.jpeg

Hi HoneyLocks! Thanks for linking me to this post ;) Can I ask how you've done the knot in the second pic? The one after the pic with the scarf ring.It looks great!
hi, I am really bad at explaining this with words, but @NotoriousPink did that already:
infinity.jpg

Last edited:
A bunch of people asked about my tie last week w my Savana.
94C45ADF-E7C6-4BAD-B6B3-C2A71D351738.jpeg
It is an accordion fold with an elastic. I have no idea how to show you all w pictures how to accordion fold so I still hope you get it.
Fold in a triangle.
C2839287-A787-4DED-83F6-BBF1380F60D5.jpeg
Next, take either shorter hem side and start to fold an accordion fold all the way down one hem edge. Take an edge and fold it Back and forth repeatedly in 1-2 inch lengths using your fingers as a guide, alternating folding front side then back side then front, all the way down one side. And use an elastic to hold that accordion fold.
FA61EC45-1E21-40B8-A9C1-A7115C8A673B.jpegThen wrap it around your neck, and tuck in the other side‘s point, inside the elastic.
Hold the accordion and the tip piece in one hand while you move/pull the elastic up closer to your neck.
453FEF7C-F3F7-492E-A0BF-1D64F5EBF06B.jpeg
Then take the point inside your accordion pleat/fold and pull down towards your belly button. Pull it down as far as you want to. Go slow to control how you like the pleats/folds.
459579B2-E846-4472-9F8E-030932C8F0C1.jpeg
You just mess around with it here now. Pull the two seams apart for more volume. Keep the scarf portion that is around your neck loose or tight.
Here in next photo I pulled at the fun hem around my neck, under my ear, and gave it a little stick-out piece. Threw my hair to the other side so I had a long pleated line of silk on one side. 89E91DD6-6959-4F5B-BC4A-A1477D50776D.jpeg

Hope this was helpful for anyone.

Last edited:
View attachment 5730784
It is an accordion fold with an elastic. I have no idea how to show you all w pictures how to accordion fold so I still hope you get it.
Fold in a triangle.
View attachment 5730775
Next, take either shorter hem side and start to fold an accordion fold all the way down one hem edge. Take an edge and fold it Back and forth repeatedly in 1-2 inch lengths using your fingers as a guide, alternating folding front side then back side then front, all the way down one side. And use an elastic to hold that accordion fold.
View attachment 5730776Then wrap it around your neck, and tuck in the other side‘s point, inside the elastic.
Hold the accordion and the top in one hand while you move/pull the elastic up closer to your neck.
View attachment 5730777
Then take the point inside your accordion pleat/fold and pull down towards your belly button. Pull it down as far as you want to. Go slow to control how you like the pleats/folds.
View attachment 5730778
You just mess around with it here now. Pull the two seams apart for more volume. Keep the scarf portion that is around your neck loose or tight.
Here in next photo I pulled at the fun hem around my neck, under my ear, and gave it a little stick-out piece. Threw my hair to the other side so I had a long pleated line of silk on one side. View attachment 5730782

Very! Thank you @Nomad

These are all 70’s, yes? Fab choices to really showcase those fancy hems :smile:

Reactions: Nomad
Very! Thank you @Nomad

These are all 70’s, yes? Fab choices to really showcase those fancy hems :smile:
yes all three 70’s. 70’s can be tough with less silk. It can be too little silk for my body type. So I find this tie with more volume and impact suits them really well. Tmrw I will do it with a 90 in sotd. See how I like it.

yes all three 70’s. 70’s can be tough with less silk. It can be too little silk for my body type. So I find this tie with more volume and impact suits them really well. Tmrw I will do it with a 90 in sotd. See how I like it.
Excellent. It’s a modified Edot knot, for 70’s!

The Edot is the same basic idea, but you use the unpleated point to secure the pleated part (either by knotting it around the pleats to hold them in place, or using a chain d’ancre).

I do this regularly with a 90 but you need a very slender neck to make it work with a 70. The elastic is a clever way to maximize the silk you have. Thanks for sharing!

Excellent. It’s a modified Edot knot, for 70’s!

The Edot is the same basic idea, but you use the unpleated point to secure the pleated part (either by knotting it around the pleats to hold them in place, or using a chain d’ancre).

I do this regularly with a 90 but you need a very slender neck to make it work with a 70. The elastic is a clever way to maximize the silk you have. Thanks for sharing!
YES!!! thank you for the name of Edot. And exactly!! Here it is with a 90. And I did a ?bova? Knot around the pleats. Need much more silk to knot it.
0441D150-C71E-4DD8-A847-FB10F9EE5AC6.jpeg

View attachment 5730784
Fold in a triangle.
View attachment 5730775
View attachment 5730776Then wrap it around your neck, and tuck in the other side‘s point, inside the elastic.
Hold the accordion and the tip piece in one hand while you move/pull the elastic up closer to your neck.
View attachment 5730777
View attachment 5730778
Here in next photo I pulled at the fun hem around my neck, under my ear, and gave it a little stick-out piece. Threw my hair to the other side so I had a long pleated line of silk on one side. View attachment 5730782

Thank you-- this is so helpful and easy to follow @Nomad. Always great to have new tying inspo for the 70s, though obviously would work with 90s and 100s too.

Reactions: Nomad