The ❤Gabrielle❤ Bag: It's a HIT!!

Hello!
Here is my gb after being used about 2-3 times a week since I purchased her in Sept 2020. I have not seen anything undesirable with her. It should be ok as long as it does not hit with any rough surface. It did hit my car a few times, no problem. The only thing is that since this is not a dark color, after a few usages, I need to clean some very little dark stain on part of the leather chain, the small part that is rubbing with the D rings on the sides. It is ok for me, very easy. I LOVE her :smile: When not in use, I just put the chains around the bag, no problem about collapsing.

Good luck finding yours!

20210311_151051.jpg

Last edited:
Hello!
Here is my gb after being used about 2-3 times a week since I purchased her in Sept 2020. I have not seen anything undesirable with her. It should be ok as long as it does not hit with any rough surface. It did hit my car a few times, no problem. The only thing is that since this is not a dark color, after a few usages, I need to clean some very little dark stain on part of the leather chain, the small part that is rubbing with the D rings on the sides. It is ok for me, very easy. I LOVE her :smile: When not in use, I just put the chains around the bag, no problem about collapsing.

Good luck finding yours!

View attachment 5018515
Beautiful bag..i love you

Good morning my dear, I have owned the Gabby small since November 2020, I use it about 2 times a week, I rotate my bags. Inside, when I'm not using it, I put an organizer, to always keep its shape, an event that is rarely noticed in the small, moreover I leave the chains lying on the ground around the bag, always when it is not in use. I thought it was more fragile at the bottom, actually not so much, I try to be careful, even if in the small size, being small, it always remains close to the body, so it also depends on the size you go to buy. Good luck, I let you know ... I love mine madly.
Feedback
Imagetranslate.google.it › ...

Thank you for the response! I'm glad to hear the solid bottom part is not as prone to wear as I thought it was. The bag looks great on you btw! :smile:

Hello!

Good luck finding yours!

View attachment 5018515

Wow! That colour is so pretty. The mixed hardware pops so well against it. Thanks for sharing the staining that can occur with light coloured Gabrielles! I'll keep that in mind.

I haven’t had any issues with mine and I’ve had it since September 2019 (use View attachment 5018842View attachment 50188451x/week). I think the chevron does make it less prone to sagging compared to the quilt though. On a side note, someone on the 21A thread said Chanel is discontinuing the gabby so try to get it while you still can!

Your gabby looks so good! I agree with you, I think the chevron helps keep the bag its puffiness and structure. Enjoy your bag in good health! :smile:

I'm a little sad to hear that Chanel might be discontinuing it :sad:. I've been thinking they might do that since discussions on the bag have died down. I really want to get it as soon as possible but I don't live near a Chanel boutique nor am at a point where I can comfortably afford it (I'm just a college student LOL). It's really one of my dream bags. Anyway, thank you for the heads up! I'm hoping they keep producing it considering they've deemed it as part of the classic line.

Reactions: Rita1978
I have a black Gabrielle Backpack and am so undecided if I should sell it ?!?! I hardly use it but since they are so hard to find I don'tif i should keep it.
If I sell it I would probably get a mini coco handle thoughts?

Reactions: Rita1978
I have a black Gabrielle Backpack and am so undecided if I should sell it ?!?! I hardly use it but since they are so hard to find I don'tif i should keep it.
If I sell it I would probably get a mini coco handle thoughts?

At Chanel’s price point, it’s hard to justify keeping a bag just because they’re hard to find imo. I recommend if you’re not keen on using the bag, to sell it to get another bag you’d use and love more. The small Gabrielle tends to do very well on the preloved market compared to its bigger counterparts.

I strongly suggest you try the coco handle on first in store as it’s a very different bag from the Gabrielle. Best of luck! :biggrin:

At Chanel’s price point, it’s hard to justify keeping a bag just because they’re hard to find imo. I recommend if you’re not keen on using the bag, to sell it to get another bag you’d use and love more. The small Gabrielle tends to do very well on the preloved market compared to its bigger counterparts.

I strongly suggest you try the coco handle on first in store as it’s a very different bag from the Gabrielle. Best of luck! :biggrin:
I agree, rather than not using such an expensive bag, it is better to take advantage and use the money for something else. I also suggest looking at the coco handle in boutique first, I tried it in super mini tg, but it didn't make my heart beat faster. it is also true that little Gabrielle on the pre-loved market keeps a good resale price, I don't know for the backpack ... which I love very much.

Reactions: HoldBackTheRain
Dilemma
Which one is more suitable for my size and worth buying (value for future resell)?
SUCH a hard choice! Both look great on you and I think it'll come down to what feels most comfortable and useful for your lifestyle.
The quilted looks like the 'new medium' size and chevron is the larger size?

I like the new medium size and think it may be easier to resell because it's an in between size (not too big for day-to-day and not too small). I think the larger bag would be practical for work/school if you need to fit laptop, documents etc, but it'll probably be heavy when full.

Dilemma
Which one is more suitable for my size and worth buying (value for future resell)?

Both look amazing, though I do prefer the smaller one with the diamond quilts on you.

Both sizes and styles have pros and cons. I find that, from looking at various preloved Gabbys, the chevron quilts tend to keep its puffiness and shape better, though I would be concerned with the size you tried on as it would probably lend itself to being prone to losing its structure solely due to how big it is. On the flip side, the diamond quilts are so classic and synonymous to Chanel! The smaller size would probably hold its shape better and be good for day-to-night carrying.

I agree with dbcelly, the new medium size would be easier to resell and would tend to hold its value better as smaller bags are in right now. It all boils down to your needs and lifestyle! Both are amazing choices! Good luck!

Resell value is depending on trend and demand. The trend now is on smaller bags, that is why it is easier to resell smaller bags. However, the trend will rotate and may return to big bags. Therefore, buy what you like which suit you and lifestyle. Don't overthink. The new medium indeed looked better on you compare to the old medium (large now).