Scarves ........ The Fall 2012 scarves ........

Here are two pictures of the CLF scarf in colorway 01 tied differently. I am really liking this cw even though it was not what I originally wanted. The first picture is closer to the actual color IRL.
In the second picture I am wearing it with a denim shirt and an indigo knit sweater. The blues work very well together - as I said before, the light blue in the scarf is like chambray or faded denim :smile:
Bravo, Valmont! I often thought of 01 as day as opposed to 04 being night. Both of them have accents of lovely bright colours (gold and lavender in 01) against more neutral background, i.e. the sky.

When I wear a 70 as cravat like in your second pic, I find that it just keeps getting loose and I have to adjust it constantly. Does that happen to you too?

Bravo, Valmont! I often thought of 01 as day as opposed to 04 being night. Both of them have accents of lovely bright colours (gold and lavender in 01) against more neutral background, i.e. the sky.

When I wear a 70 as cravat like in your second pic, I find that it just keeps getting loose and I have to adjust it constantly. Does that happen to you too?

Yes the same thing happens to me. Also when I wear it cowboy bandana style as in the first picture, the scarf keeps moving sideways. It must be the slinkiness of the silk.

I love 70cm scarves. I think the most appealing aspect of CLF is the way it ties. I have owned many 70cms, and the biggest problem I often find is that a lot of them look boring when tied (smaller foot print). However, every once in a while a FABULOUS must have 70cm comes along, and when it does, everyone is all over it. The last 70cm I can recall that had an amazing tie was Pour Sortir.

My favorite way to wear a 70cm is to tie one end closely to the neck and then let the rest of the scarf drape down on one side. This tie works well with button up blouses or if I am wearing a suit.
I was also wondering what was the last design (either 70 or 90) that had caused such commotions?

H seems to have designated 70 as the norm for men, but after getting initiated to the 90s through dip dyes, I was starting to lose interest in the 70s. And then CLF came along and bowled me over:panic:

I was also wondering what was the last design (either 70 or 90) that had caused such commotions?

H seems to have designated 70 as the norm for men, but after getting initiated to the 90s through dip dyes, I was starting to lose interest in the 70s. And then CLF came along and bowled me over:panic:

Pour Sortir didn't cause a commotion, which I was happy about because I was able to pick up 4 with no problems. I personally felt it was the best 70cm H had done in a while. I think the most popular 70cms that have caused commotions are Kelly en Caleche and Jeu Des Omnibus Et Dames Blanches. Both were from AW2007, when the 70cms were first issued. That being said, I personally feel that Pani La Shar Pawnee tied the BEST from that season. I am sorry to say that I don't own one and would love to.

I will go and have a look and report back , but worry that since im not seeing the colours together i cant make the correct decision, like the idea of cw 01 but i dont have a lot of blue at the moment so not sure if this one would be too blue for me, im a purple girl really and loved the idea of cw12 lovely on our dear MaiTai but might be too dark on me but then again dont have these colours yet

Just reporting back,

Saw CLF today in the dipdye cw14 even though the design can be just seen when flat when scarf is around your neck you really cannot see any design it just looks like a deep blue scarf , this is really one you would have to see irl, so my SM is going to try and locate me a cw12 will just have to wait and see if i am lucky.

Just reporting back,

Saw CLF today in the dipdye cw14 even though the design can be just seen when flat when scarf is around your neck you really cannot see any design it just looks like a deep blue scarf , this is really one you would have to see irl, so my SM is going to try and locate me a cw12 will just have to wait and see if i am lucky.
I think you are right, ladyjane. I've seen the dark blue on ebay, and you really can't see the pattern. It does just look like a blue scarf. Good luck in your continued search.

Valmont, ClF looks superb on you! I love this color more and more every time I see it.

Other popular 70 cm silks were Please check in and Grand Soudain (2008 and 2010 respectively).

Just reporting back,

thanks ladyjane 963

I was in Bond st on Friday and they had two c/w 12 and one c/w 1. But whenever you call, they tell you they are sold out in every colour in every store in the UK -- odd. Maybe they just got too many calls about this scarf they dont list them when they are in. Who knows.

Hope this helps you in your search.

P.s. your kitty is super cute!

I think Swinging St. Germain (2007) was also pretty popular.

2007 was the year I discovered H scarves, and the St. Germain and Omnibus were my favorites of the silks I bought-- in fact, they are still among my most loved and most useful scarves. I was so excited for more 70s but haven't really fallen for any of them since that first year, except for Clic Clac a Pois. :shrugs:

Even C'est la Fete just isn't my thing, although I do love how it looks on everyone else-- I'm especially liking the second colorway Valmont is modeling! Those blues look like they can go casual with jeans or dressier with navy suits.

Ladybaga, thank you and wish you find the magic soon! And we can be twins!!! Yay! :woohoo:
scarfmischief1, thank you dear, are you going to show us your loot soon? :love:

valmont, the way you wear the CLF really shows the design well and it's gorgeous against the navy outfit. :tup: I usually fold it but then it loses all the fancy details. I should try the cowboy way.