THE COFFEE CLUTCH - The MK Chat Thread!!

I am jealous of anyone that is close to an outlet. :greengrin: Especially after seeing that reveal of the awesome aubergine satchel that was bought at the outlet. I guess my wallet (and DH's) is happy though. :amuse:

I have done some closet cleaning and done some selling. Now I am down to a few bags and would really like to find a nice purple or gray bag. Of course, now that I am ready, I can't really find what I am looking for. Oh well, it is nice to know that when the right one comes along, I am ready for it. ;)

Happy Saturday girls!
It's gorgeous today -- supposed to be in the upper 70s and tomorrow it's supposed to be 80!!
Of course, I'm stuck at the office today and can't enjoy this Indian Summer!!

Anyone have plans this weekend?

Today is a little better at work -- BUT some people have Thanksgiving sickness (LOL), so we are short-staffed!

I don't know what your numbers mean for temperature (sorry), but we are at about 16 degrees Celsius here in Toronto :smile: and it is just right. I can not stand the warm weather, so this is wonderful for me :smile:!

Having Thanksgiving dinner with my family tomorrow and enjoying my day off on Monday, but other than that, no real plans .. yet :smile:!

How about everyone else?

we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in the US until the last Thur in Nov
Then the next day is "Black Friday" to kick off the holiday shopping season
Lots of deals and steals - wake up at 4am and stand in line for a $99 computer!! LOL!

80 degrees here is around 26 degrees Celsius - definitely unusually warm weather for right now (at least here in Chicago) - normally the average temp this time of year is around 20 degrees cooler than that. It's gonna feel like Summer tomorrow!

Hi Ladies!

So excited to see a SF now! I have just recently discovered MK this last year and really love the styles. It's amazing that I live near an outlet but never went in before this year.

I hope this SF continues to grow!

we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in the US until the last Thur in Nov
Then the next day is "Black Friday" to kick off the holiday shopping season
Lots of deals and steals - wake up at 4am and stand in line for a $99 computer!! LOL!

80 degrees here is around 26 degrees Celsius - definitely unusually warm weather for right now (at least here in Chicago) - normally the average temp this time of year is around 20 degrees cooler than that. It's gonna feel like Summer tomorrow!

We kind of celebrate American Thanksgiving in my house too since my husband works for an American company .. LOL :smile:! I have seen the "Black Friday" events on TV -- I am amazed at what people will do for a bargain :smile:.

Okay 80 degrees is insane for this time of year .. wow! Hope you get to enjoy it tomorrow :smile:.

Oh yea!
I'll be enjoying it -- probably doing laundry and hanging it outside to dry!!
Isn't that exciting?!!:P
Seriously - we don't have a dryer and I hang everything to dry - I love hanging things outside, so it'll be nice to squeak an extra day of line-dried clothing before I have to retreat to the basement for good (for the next 6 months!)

I can't believe how warm it still is now - I came home from work and the house was so warm! I went around putting all the fans back in the windows (after I had just removed and put them all away!)

while it's supposed to be 80 tomorrow, it's going to be in the 70s for most of the week!

Black Friday can be dangerous - I think it was 2 years ago a woman was seriously injured during a stampede at WalMart. People are nuts when they open the doors and everyone charges in! I usually go out that early if there's a REALLY good deal on something I need and/or really want (like one year, I bought a Digital Camera and another year I bought a new computer.

Oh yea!
I'll be enjoying it -- probably doing laundry and hanging it outside to dry!!
Isn't that exciting?!!:P
Seriously - we don't have a dryer and I hang everything to dry - I love hanging things outside, so it'll be nice to squeak an extra day of line-dried clothing before I have to retreat to the basement for good (for the next 6 months!)

Black Friday can be dangerous - I think it was 2 years ago a woman was seriously injured during a stampede at WalMart. People are nuts when they open the doors and everyone charges in! I usually go out that early if there's a REALLY good deal on something I need and/or really want (like one year, I bought a Digital Camera and another year I bought a new computer.

Hey, I LOVE doing laundry .. LOL! I hadn't hung clothes out to dry since I was a kid, but then I went to Melbourne this past Spring and almost everyone there hangs their stuff to dry because of the cost! I prefer the dryer myself -- I have never liked the smell of clothes hanging outside and it didn't help that pollen would always find its way onto my clothes :sad:!

I remember reading about that Walmart incident up here -- very sad :sad:. We have crazy Boxing Day sales here in places like Best Buy and Future Shop, but for the most part, people line up and go inside in an orderly fashion -- then they make the mad sprint to the sections they are interested in .. LOL! I remember one year, I went to get a Game Boy (REALLY dating myself here .. LOL) and outside the store, they asked us what we were there for, gave us tickets for said items, and we took the tickets up to the cash area when we got inside the store. Once at the register, they gave us the item (s) and we paid for them. VERY civilized :smile:!

It always seems like the chaos is at WalMart
I've been at BestBuy early in the morning and aside from the long lines, it wasn't crazy or chaotic. No stampedes or mad rushes for anything.
The year I bought my camera (2 yrs ago), we did go to WalMart but we didn't wait in line and/or get there right when they opened - we got there soon after tho and it was total chaos in the store. They had ONE line for the entire electronics section - so if you wanted a computer or camera or video game, you had to stand in this one line and they only let so many people into the department at a time. We finally gave up and went to OfficeMax, who was scheduled to open 30 minutes later - they had the same camera and price matched WalMart's price, so it was all done nice and orderly w/o long lines or chaos!!

There are some towns around here where its a City Ordinance that you CAN'T hang clothes outside to dry! I guess they say it "dirties" the neighborhood and/or makes it look less clean. You'd think in this day and age of everything "green" that they'd encourage outdoor drying, but no - they WANT you to use a dryer! I can't imagine being told that I CAN'T hang my clothes in my yard to dry!

wow -- it was warmer today than I thought
(of course, I was stuck in the office all day, which is probably why I didn't realize!) it got up to 86 degrees today!! In fact, we tied the record for the highest temp recorded on this date!

OMG our OWN subforum FINALLY!!!!!!! I am SO SO SO excited!!!!
Crissy: I watch Project Runway and it's a GREAT show!!! MK is adorable and his comments are hysterical!!! I just watched this past week's show on tivo and it was GREAT!

Hi Everyone! I hope you are all enjoying the day :smile:!

There are some towns around here where its a City Ordinance that you CAN'T hang clothes outside to dry! I guess they say it "dirties" the neighborhood and/or makes it look less clean. You'd think in this day and age of everything "green" that they'd encourage outdoor drying, but no - they WANT you to use a dryer! I can't imagine being told that I CAN'T hang my clothes in my yard to dry!

We have rules like that here in certain condominium corporations, but otherwise, I have never heard of that happening. You are right --- you would THINK a city would WANT to conserve energy??

Just curious -- did anyone here go to Target today to check out the Mulberry bags? I ordered the Denim Bayswater online last night (I had a $25 gift card plus a $5 coupon and free shipping!), but after seeing it today in person I'm definitely going to return it. I did surprise myself by getting the Pink Leopard Bayswater. I never pictured myself with a pink leopard bag but I LOVED it!!

Just curious -- did anyone here go to Target today to check out the Mulberry bags? I ordered the Denim Bayswater online last night (I had a $25 gift card plus a $5 coupon and free shipping!), but after seeing it today in person I'm definitely going to return it. I did surprise myself by getting the Pink Leopard Bayswater. I never pictured myself with a pink leopard bag but I LOVED it!!

I did! I was very antsy to get out of the house, so I ran to my local Target to scope things out. I thought what they did have in stock looked rather cheesy. I understand why you decided to return the denim one. Unfortunately, even though it is a premier designer creating affordable merchandise for the average person like myself, it looks cheap. I was very disappointed. The only one I thought that was remotely cute was the small black crossbody bag, but for $30 I didn't love it. I'll check it out again when they get more stuff in, but I don't think I'll be walking out with a purchase.