~*~ the CHANEL BOY thread! ~*~

Not sure why, here is the tag for my bag. Here in England, stores kept all the tags, none of the tag was gave out to the customers. Whereas in US, seems everyone has their tag with the bag.

View attachment 3667075

This is tag of a bag I tried on from another boutique

View attachment 3667076
Thank you for sharing your tag. I just wonder why it isn't the same you know? And my friend is now paranoid because she's thinking (since hers has the different tag) that it might be fake hahaha

Anyone own an Old Medium Le Boy as well as a Kindle Paperwhite? Would like to know if it fits inside without damaging the bag.

I saw EllandEmm's video on YouTube where she compares the old medium and the new medium. She fit an iPad mini in both. It looked like it touched the top flap a little in the old medium but didn't look like it would distort shape. I believe the kindle paperwhite is smaller.

Reactions: teagongfu
Anyone own an Old Medium Le Boy as well as a Kindle Paperwhite? Would like to know if it fits inside without damaging the bag.

I have the old medium in the SO black version and also in a navy chevron. For some reason it fits easier in my navy chevron and a bit tight in the SO black version. It definitely pushes up against the top flap without obvious distortion.
ipad mini 7.87 x 5.3 x 0.29
kindle paperwhite 6.7" x 4.6" x 0.36"
But even so, based on dimensions the kindle should have no problem fitting into the old medium boy.

Reactions: teagongfu
Dear Plumeria!! :wave:

Oh you returned both boys??? You have amazing foresight and also so much self discipline to return such highly coveted boys... :tup::tup:
I'm currently in HK on vacation and was going to track down the so black boy zipper coin purse. You also returned the boy flap card holder as it might have the same leather and hardware issues??
Hello dear Emerson! :hugs:
Yes, I did eventually return the so-black Boy Card Case. :sad: I was truly looking forward to using it with my 1st Boy Bag, the so-black Boy. Sadly, when I finally managed to muster up the "discipline" (as you mentioned - and you are absolutely right!! it was sincerely difficult for me to let go of that Boy), it just made sense for me to "release the matching card case out into the universe" for someone else to enjoy with their so-black Boy.

I already have more BLACK Chanel SLGs than I should. :coolio: And at the end of the day, I am more of a long-wallet type-o-gal.

I hope you are enjoying a lovely vacation and even more so, enjoying your beautiful so-black Boy. I wish you no "problems" with your Boy. I am hopeful for you that "he" will remain pristine. :tup:

Dear TPFs, I would like to ask you for your help. I want to buy Boy WOC but the seller says it has 13# series date code. I think it should be from 2010 according to the number. But Boy design didn ´ t exist in that year, did it? Is it possible to have this 13# number? Thank you very much.

So beautiful! Congrats! :drinks: Would you mind to please keep us updated on how this one works out? (I also had to return my 17P Boy due to chipping issues.)

*UPDATE ON 17S GRAINED LAMBSKIN BOY*

Hi Lealu! i've had this boy for exactly 2 weeks now and i've worn it a few times so I think it's a good time to do an update on it...

Ever since I've encountered the problems with the 17P grained lambskin boy .. i've lost some trust in Chanel...but i love the boy bag too much that i've convinced myself to give the 17S boy bag a shot... can't lie i'm still very paranoid and at times can get OVERLY protective of the bag fearing what happened last time will happen again ... and of course sometimes the more you're careful you are the higher chance the opposite will happen ..i hit the bag one time when i was getting out of my car the bag swung and hit the car door ... and i think that caused a small damage. please see pic below

IMG_1492398697.864468.jpg

Definitely very mad at myself...but it was my own fault so i can only live with it and try to be more careful from now on.

I feel that I'm very lucky because this bag can hide damages pretty well due to the iridescent coating, trust me.. when my SA first showed the bag to me I was so confused as i couldn't see the iridescent at all..

it is very very subtle .. only noticeable when you look so closely or take it outside when it's bright/sunny..sometimes i don't even tell others this bag is iridescent because it's almost not noticeable at all!

IMG_1492399082.379855.jpg

Anyways... overall i would say this bag is definitely more delicate than the regular caviar ..it feels much softer and less grainy looking ...BUT of course i can't compare the two because they're two different kinds of leather. BUT comparing this to the 17P i returned, this 17S boy is definitely much more durable

Im loving this 17S boy bag so much and i hope everyone is loving their 17S boy bags too! [emoji170][emoji170][emoji170]

Sorry for the long post and thanks for letting me share :smile:

Reactions: Lealu and Susanvh
IMG_0495.JPG I got the boy for about a month now and been using it quite often. And the flap kinda got the " bump " sort of, perhaps from the open and close? Or perhaps my dad kinda sit on it the other day. it really annoys me tho., anyone know how can I fix this or can it be fix at all? It's grained lambskin btw. TIA