~*~ the CHANEL BOY thread! ~*~

Hey ladies and gents, to those who have the so black boy bag I have a question. So... my friend and I got the same bag in new medium but our tags are different. Mine was from NM and hers SAKS. If you flip the tag over, it'll say 17S A9.... on the first row. Second row simply says flapbag and on the third row mine says 94305 and hers is S4305. I guess she and I are now paranoid cos we have the same bag but why would that code be different? Any experts out there who can shed light on the matter? Thanks in advance.

Hi, I'm not sure but both my old med and new med so black Boys says 94305. Sorry hope this helps

IMG_1492492785.597898.jpgIMG_1492492838.818500.jpg

Screenshot_20170418-213732.pngScreenshot_20170418-211246.png
Hi...this is my first time posting so forgive me if I'm on the wrong forum. I purchased the medium boy in calf with shiny light gold hardware...I keep debating I'm if I should have gotten the lamb with the dark gold hardware (non shiny). I have not taken tags off and am doubting myself. Any feedback...thanks

View attachment 3671931View attachment 3671932
Hi...this is my first time posting so forgive me if I'm on the wrong forum. I purchased the medium boy in calf with shiny light gold hardware...I keep debating I'm if I should have gotten the lamb with the dark gold hardware (non shiny). I have not taken tags off and am doubting myself. Any feedback...thanks

I saw a bag like yours when I bought mine and really loved that hardware. I was originally looking for a silver ruthenium one, and since the store did not have it, I was seriously thinking on take it with me (she ended up finding the one I wanted so...).

While at the store, had the opportunity to see another one in the matte gold hardware, and after closer inspection, I saw that the metal chain had marks from the movement, like dented, and had lost color in some parts. I don't know if this is normal, but it gave me the impression that this might be an issue with this kind of hw. (Maybe someone who has this hw can confirm it or give more info?)

I like the one you got. It is gorgeous... I love lamb, but calfskin is also beautiful!!

I'm trying to decide between these two, which So Black Boy do you prefer, the old or new medium.

I have two old medium and thought it was time to get the so black in new medium. The old medium is cute and goes cross body better than the new medium. However, the new medium has much better space. I feel both are equally versatile and like both sizes.

I'm trying to decide between these two, which So Black Boy do you prefer, the old or new medium.

I first ordered the old medium but after I compared both size I realised I like the look of new medium more and it's much more spacious I'll get more use out if it , so I changed my order to new medium , and the price difference is not too bad. I just hope it won't look too bulky on me.

I first ordered the old medium but after I compared both size I realised I like the look of new medium more and it's much more spacious I'll get more use out if it , so I changed my order to new medium , and the price difference is not too bad. I just hope it won't look too bulky on me.
Thanks, let me know how you feel once you get it.

My Chanel Boy in black diamond-quilted lambskin and light gold hardware, new medium. I was "this close" to settling on an old medium navy blue Boy with silver hardware when the SA said at the last minute, "Let me double-check our inventory to make sure we don't have one in black." My husband bought this for me at the Saks in Greenwich, CT during the winter of 2016 to cheer me up while I was in the midst of an extremely difficult, high-risk pregnancy. We walked over to the Chanel boutique and he surprised me by saying, "Pick out anything you want." Thankfully, our son was born healthy, but we were told there was a high likelihood that he would not be. This is "just a bag," but it's a lot more than that, a seemingly trivial object that was an enormously sweet gesture by my husband in a very difficult time. It has tremendous sentimental value. I love this bag. Ill never grow tired of it.

Attachments

• IMG_1761.jpg
    IMG_1761.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 1,679
Hi I bought a old med so black boy last month and I just used it once this week and it's showing chipping.. it's been a month already, can I still return it? I got it from the boutique, should I bring it back and have them fix it? What should I do?

Hi I bought a old med so black boy last month and I just used it once this week and it's showing chipping.. it's been a month already, can I still return it? I got it from the boutique, should I bring it back and have them fix it? What should I do?

so sorry to hear your so black boy is chipping :sad: i have the the same bag except in blue colour..
and it did chip a little.. its much better than the last seasons grained lambskin boy though.. please visit link below

https://forum.purseblog.com/index.php?posts/31258731/

the 17P grained lambskin boy bag i had was wayyyy worse...i had the bag for a month, brought it back to chanel, they took it back and offered store credit.

please bring your boy back to chanel asap and i hope they will have another one for you or at least offer store credit! good luck!