The Bbag Chat Room

Not me instantly on the hunt for that Valentino Maison tote...
Hungry Food GIF by moodman
I had it in vibrant red with patent black handles, the same Victoria Beckham had, but it did not sit well with me. It was kind of too structured for me

Reactions: earswithfeet
I can take a quick comp pic of the hip with a city if you want to see.
I have a hip made out of shoulder bag roughly the same size, I just added a crossbody , and I love it so much that I jumped to buy identical red shoulder just in case. LOVE it. I made a photo of my former grey hip and red shoulder made as a hip.jpeg crossbody. it was missing a strap, hoooray, so I got it for $130 LOL

Orange would be soooooo great ! City actually is not my size at all, I either tote huge Work/weekender style or small hip or first. But for someone who does not do a city I acquired some nice ones because of the color. Orange Brullee could not be avoided LOL, dark violet wowza

I would love orange hip but also mandarin first I am eying, but also WE I am waiting to appear, but also .....

It just occurred to me that, after a few years’ pause, these bags will become hot again, if Balenciaga re-issued them, and celebs are pulling their old ones out of the closet, and posting them on social media.

This might not be so good for us and our bag hunting.
The re-issue and renewed celebrity interest isn't the cause of the over pricing
Greedy sellers & desperate buyers willing to pay are the cause
Lots of affordable bags on the market. TRR is just as inconsistent as they've always been

Except there's way more greedy sellers than there are desperate buyers
1 out of 10 buyers willing to pay a high price doesn't seem like good selling strategy to me, but thats JMO;)

The market decides the price.

No one pulls cash out of their wallet involuntarily.

What’s worth it to you may not be worth it to me, and vice versa.

Greedy sellers and desperate buyers… it’s called supply and demand 😃

Except there's way more greedy sellers than there are desperate buyers
1 out of 10 buyers willing to pay a high price doesn't seem like good selling strategy to me, but thats JMO;)

This is a perfect example
This seller was willing to wait YEARS because her bag was overpriced

Image 4-27-24 at 12.04 PM.jpeg

In the end, she wound up selling it for so much less
Makes you wonder how many higher offers she refused that would have been more than her final price

This is a perfect example
This seller was willing to wait YEARS because her bag was overpriced

View attachment 5991357

In the end, she wound up selling it for so much less
Makes you wonder how many higher offers she refused that would have been more than her final price

Yes, because she owned the merchandise. And that’s perfectly OK, it’s hers to do with as she pleases.

Just look at the Birkin market. Same super priced bag sits for years and years.

The market decides the price.

No one pulls cash out of their wallet involuntarily.

What’s worth it to you may not be worth it to me, and vice versa.
but thats just it -- there aren't many people pulling the cash out of their wallets these days
If the sellers aren't really serious about selling & want to hold out for that one buyer willing to pay so much more for their HG, thats one thing, but with the number of overpriced bags everywhere, thats not a sign of price increases due the reissue or renewed celebrity interest

I don't think Bal collectors should worry that these things are going to drive the prices up again
I just don't believe thats the driving factors

Reactions: Rose100