The Bbag Chat Room

It just occurred to me that, after a few years’ pause, these bags will become hot again, if Balenciaga re-issued them, and celebs are pulling their old ones out of the closet, and posting them on social media.

This might not be so good for us and our bag hunting.

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

It just occurred to me that, after a few years’ pause, these bags will become hot again, if Balenciaga re-issued them, and celebs are pulling their old ones out of the closet, and posting them on social media.

This might not be so good for us and our bag hunting.
It's certainly isn't. This happened with Coach and I can no longer afford my holy grail vintage coach bags without costing me an arm and a leg! :crybaby:

I want the exact same one as Nicky has/had. The purple one in excellent condition, lol. But that Bal Papier kinda ruined my plan... :lol:
There’s one on eBay with tags still attached.

IMG_4508.jpeg

That is what I already noticed. Two trends which made me sad.

1. I was on a hunt of YSL Mombasa made by Tom Ford in red which I sold stupidly ages ago, and they went for $150-$300 max in other colors, and then BV comes out with the Sardine…..Mombasa are now over $500 and more and more

2. I started building up again my collection of Bals in colors I love and started with Bordeaux Work for $300 on eBay and TRR had bargains, and now they creep up slowly until TRR started to post these days old, beat up cities for $2000, ……so the only hope for now I have for my ever suffering budget are Japanese sellers when they want to get rid of their stock, and post some serious beauties in great condition. If they start increasing prices too, I am out of the game

Perhaps I will be soon done if I score WE in rouille and Bordeaux (or Grenat), and a small orange bag. Stupidly sold Fendi baguette in orange but Bal will do even better for what I need

Reactions: whateve
That is what I already noticed. Two trends which made me sad.

1. I was on a hunt of YSL Mombasa made by Tom Ford in red which I sold stupidly ages ago, and they went for $150-$300 max in other colors, and then BV comes out with the Sardine…..Mombasa are now over $500 and more and more

2. I started building up again my collection of Bals in colors I love and started with Bordeaux Work for $300 on eBay and TRR had bargains, and now they creep up slowly until TRR started to post these days old, beat up cities for $2000, ……so the only hope for now I have for my ever suffering budget are Japanese sellers when they want to get rid of their stock, and post some serious beauties in great condition. If they start increasing prices too, I am out of the game

Perhaps I will be soon done if I score WE in rouille and Bordeaux (or Grenat), and a small orange bag. Stupidly sold Fendi baguette in orange but Bal will do even better for what I need
How small?
IMG_4509.jpeg

It's certainly isn't. This happened with Coach and I can no longer afford my holy grail vintage coach bags without costing me an arm and a leg! :crybaby:
I've noticed that about Coach. I recently found a black version of my beloved red vintage shoulder bag which was martyred when my then-boyfriend's cat puked both on and into it. This black vintage Coach cost as much as a used Balenciaga City. I was stunned.

I've noticed that about Coach. I recently found a black version of my beloved red vintage shoulder bag which was martyred when my then-boyfriend's cat puked both on and into it. This black vintage Coach cost as much as a used Balenciaga City. I was stunned.
You probably could've saved it by dunking the bag! These old coach bags are washable!
Which style was it?

Reactions: whateve