The Bbag Chat Room

So, on my recent trip to California a lovely young woman at least half my age came over to compliment me on my Balenciaga City. First time that has happened to me, although admittedly I don't get out much. I'd like to thank all the enthusiasts and experts here. I thanked her and said, "Yes, it's a 2005 Chocolate City." I like to think I actually sounded like I know more than I do. The chevre leather on this bag is so gorgeous.

Cross posting yesterday's airport photo.

View attachment 6005151

Wonderful encounter! Love that oldie Bals can bring people together. What a pretty cw of ACdlV!

• Thanks
Reactions: Redbirdhermes
BEWARE of this eBay seller! Okawari-banzai

Deducted 50% of the refund, stating that “item was opened.”

Disgusting. These were super used items, and of course I wanted to inspect them, to see if I wanted to keep them or not.

It’s not as if I opened a package of something that was brand new.

Nowhere in the auction does it say 50% ripoff if opened. It only says returns within 60 days.
I already paid return shipping to Japan.
View attachment 6004832

I opened a case with eBay. Needless to say, I’m very angry.:cursing:
Update
Well, that was fast.
Not only did the seller lose, but lost big time, because eBay refunded ALL shipping, as well.
That’s what happens when you try to get greedy, and attempt to rip off people.
Had they simply refunded, I would have gladly paid the shipping back to Japan.

Seriously?!? Do they not realize it's the oldies that get snapped up ASAP? Heck, that one Plomb has probably been sold (and returned) by quite a few people just on this forum!
They think the problem is with classic style city bags, not their fraudulent bait and switch photography that makes buyers return purchases and hesitant to buy their bags.

I want to share a small reminder. While our authenticators and other OG collectors here have deep expertise in authenticating the moto style bags and some others, we've run into a bit of a wall when it comes to the newer bags. We just don't have 20 years of obsessive experience with them.

I'm far from an expert on the more recent bags, but I've found that a good way to initially weed out some of the fakes is through the serial tags. Unfortunately the good fakes are doing a really good job of mimicking many details, but they frequently get the style and color codes wrong.

Here's a lovely green Neo Classic City currently listed on Yoogis. It looks fine at first blush until you start digging. It's a high quality fake.

I wouldn't have known this is fake without digging in the coding numbers. When those were revealed to be wrong (you can always stop right there) I noticed other details that were also wrong.

Always check those numbers on these newer bags. It's the high quality fakers' Achilles heel.
Did you tell them? I'm sure they would take it down and appreciate a lesson since people trust them to know wtf they are doing

Reactions: NWpurselover
I give up!
How do they NOT know what a Balenciaga bag freaking looks like? :cursing:

IMG_8235.jpeg

Just heard from the buyer — they didn’t even give her the option of accepting the bag and she still wants it! Now what do I do?

I can’t believe this has happened to me TWICE in one week!

IMG_8237.jpegIt’s

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: atlantis1982
I give up!
How do they NOT know what a Balenciaga bag freaking looks like? :cursing:

View attachment 6009326

Just heard from the buyer — they didn’t even give her the option of accepting the bag and she still wants it! Now what do I do?

I can’t believe this has happened to me TWICE in one week!

View attachment 6009331It’s
What a pain! Which site was this on? I would list it on another site and tell the buyer where to find it.

ETA: or change your listing description to used when you relist and direct the buyer to it.

Reactions: iluvmybags