The Art of Tying a Coach Scarf

I just tie my scarves just like a regular shoe lace and then make adjustments after its tied to make it look perfect... here's mine on my ergo:

picture.php

I just tie my scarves just like a regular shoe lace and then make adjustments after its tied to make it look perfect... here's mine on my ergo:

picture.php
CoachGirl12, this bag is so beautiful and that scarf is soo pretty it looks gorgeous... you did a good job it's perfect! I just got the Graffiti Tattersall scarf so looking for a good way to tie this on my Zoe, I will try it your way! Thanks.

^ Do have a problem keeping your pony tail scarf on the handle of the Pleated Ergo ? Mine slid all over the place and I was worried it would slip off
Actually I haven't had a problem with it slipping off. I tie mine pretty tight on the handle, not to where it would indent on the handle, but to where it won't slip around...

CoachGirl12, this bag is so beautiful and that scarf is soo pretty it looks gorgeous... you did a good job it's perfect! I just got the Graffiti Tattersall scarf so looking for a good way to tie this on my Zoe, I will try it your way! Thanks.
Aw thanks Melys! Yeah I don't do anything fancy when putting a scarf on my bag... the only time it gets a little tricky is when you use bigger scarves than the ponytail ones... then you have to fold them a couple of times before actually putting it on the bag...

It's not the best but I tried. Here's a couple of my bags with the scarf.
DSC02784.jpg

DSC02782.jpg

We're scarf twins. :P Those are my only two scarves right now. I just discovered ponytail scarves for the first time during my outlet trip last January. The SA showed them to me and asked if I would be interested in them. She said they're called ponytail scarf. I told her I usually don't wear my hair in a ponytail :shrugs:(although I have waist length hair). She smiled and then told me I can use them to dress up the bags. I was like oh!!! Can't wait to look for more when I go back there.

I think it is much easier to get a perfect bow if you don't automatically yank it tight...Make the general shape and tug it loosely, then play with it - straighten out the loops and smooth the middle section. Then once it looks good you can tighten it by holding the loops and pulling. It makes it so much easier than fixing it once it is already secure.
It also helps to pay attention to which way the scarve comes out of the initial knot. For example, if the scarve comes out of the bottom of the knot, you should wrap the other side around the top of that piece. It's hard to explain and I wish I had my camera to take pics. If you were to loop it around the bottom and the loop came out of the bottom of the original knot, the bow would tilt to that side. Just practice wrapping the loops in opposite directions and pay attention to when it is straight or crooked. HTH :smile:

Last edited:
We're scarf twins. :P Those are my only two scarves right now. I just discovered ponytail scarves for the first time during my outlet trip last January. The SA showed them to me and asked if I would be interested in them. She said they're called ponytail scarf. I told her I usually don't wear my hair in a ponytail :shrugs:(although I have waist length hair). She smiled and then told me I can use them to dress up the bags. I was like oh!!! Can't wait to look for more when I go back there.
I never bought a scarf before until the SA told me that I can use it to dress up my bags. Now I'm kinda obsess with scarves. It makes want to buy more and more.

Sorry for the ancient bump.

Could people take more photos of the bows they tie on their bags? I'd like to see different ways that people tie them. I've read the tips too and they're fairly helpful.

I got a new tattersall graffiti ponytail scarf that I hope to be able to use, but right now it looks like a mess of fabric attacking my bag...

I :heart: ponytail scarves! Check out this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/scarfs-bags-love-205976.html

For those of you wanting to put it in your hair, someone suggested a Scunci headbad in another thread and gave this link http://www.scunci.com/home_flash.aspx I got a black one at Walmart, just over $4 and it is awesome! It comes with a black scarf. It looked a little wide to me, but when I got it home, it was the perfect width, just slightly smaller than a ponytail scarf. Now the scarf stays on perfectly. I insert the scarf in the last hole on each side so it covers the entire headband.

I think it is much easier to get a perfect bow if you don't automatically yank it tight...Make the general shape and tug it loosely, then play with it - straighten out the loops and smooth the middle section. Then once it looks good you can tighten it by holding the loops and pulling. It makes it so much easier than fixing it once it is already secure.
It also helps to pay attention to which way the scarve comes out of the initial knot. For example, if the scarve comes out of the bottom of the knot, you should wrap the other side around the top of that piece. It's hard to explain and I wish I had my camera to take pics. If you were to loop it around the bottom and the loop came out of the bottom of the original knot, the bow would tilt to that side. Just practice wrapping the loops in opposite directions and pay attention to when it is straight or crooked. HTH :smile:
This is EXACTLY how I tie mine! Great way to describe it in detail! :tup:

For the square ones I roll it to about a 2 inch wideness diagonally and then tie it as a headband scarf. The ponytail scarves I fold in half before putting in my hair so they're not as wide too. I've never had them fall out of my hair- The trick is to tie it right under the base of your head so the knot stays in place. HTH!

Ooh, good idea! I really love wearing headbands, so I will definitely try this.
I'm also going to try the bow idea that another poster mentioned. Thanks!