The Art of Tying a Coach Scarf

You have a square scarf?
I sometimes do a bow or let it hang.

I fold it in half into a triangle, roll it up so the point of the triangle is inside, and then tie it around a bag. You can make that a poofy bow or
IMG_5844.jpg

Does that help?

Yes, it does help, thanks! I was trying to do something like that but couldn't get it quite right, thanks for the pics!

I have a square scarf. I do as some of you other ladies do - fold in a triangle, then loosely fold until it's about the size of a ponytail scarf (like a Navy uniform neckerchief). Then I tied it in a loose, sloppy Windsor knot on the brass ring that holds my Zoe strap to the bag. Looks cute, and it took me about 20 seconds to do. :smile:

I've been looking around at some pictures on here and I notice some of you have Coach scarfs tied in bows on your bags and they always look so neat like a pro tied them, and I was curious how you all get your bow to look like that? Every time I tie a bow on mine with one of the scarfs on my bags, it never really looks like a bow, it's all limp and just winds up looking like a mess. Any of you have any tips on how to make my scarf bows look better, so it actually looks neat, pretty and like a actual bow? You can see what mine ends up looking like in the picture, to me mine don't even look like a bow.

P1010099.jpg

Tie it upside down -- put your bag on a table and lean over it to tie the bow. Also, I do the Martha Stewart Classic bow: http://www.marthastewart.com/article/bow-how-tos

Hope this helps!! I love tying bows on my bags :biggrin:
(ps: from looking at your picture, the 'tails' should be a bit longer to give the body of the bow more structure; the body (the 'bows') should be a bit smaller and tighter).

That helps a lot! I have also had a really hard time tying bows on my bags.

It takes me forever to get it to look right...tie it, untie it, take it off, tie it, untie it...etc.

I finally get it to look like it should and then decide that I'm not really a bow type of girl, so I always just attach the scarf in a windsor knot so that the tails are just flowing off of the bag.

But to answer your question, I think it's just a matter of doing it over and over again until you get it down pat. My mom can probably tie a perfect bow with her eyes closed in record time, but I'm never satisfied with mine.

I'm a pro at tying scarves on bags, love doing it too! I end up usually tying scarves around my bags once and then I never have to retie unless I want to use that scarf for something else... I just tie it like you would tie a shoe lace but just slowly... there is no trick to tying a scarf....
Here's how mine always look...
picture.php

Ponytail scarfs are the easiest for the bows. hey give you the two "legs" to tie the bow.

The square and oblong are harder. You get a bow; they're just not as neat per se.

I think you may be working off a square. That's why the legs are shorter.

I've been looking around at some pictures on here and I notice some of you have Coach scarfs tied in bows on your bags and they always look so neat like a pro tied them, and I was curious how you all get your bow to look like that? Every time I tie a bow on mine with one of the scarfs on my bags, it never really looks like a bow, it's all limp and just winds up looking like a mess. Any of you have any tips on how to make my scarf bows look better, so it actually looks neat, pretty and like a actual bow? You can see what mine ends up looking like in the picture, to me mine don't even look like a bow.

P1010099.jpg

Hi there. Try making the actual ribbon shorter and the tails longer. After that, fluff up the ribbon for that effect. Good luck. :smile: