The Americans - FX

Ugh and Duh Stan! You are a day late and a dollar short. You had your suspicions years ago, clues from the guy that died from the stolen bacterium, a sketch from an agent E, mugged that looked just like her, and your neighbors leave their kids and gallivant all over town and come home at 4am. did you think that they were writing airline tickets or going to sex parties? True that Henry's answers could cover a lot of ground, but didn't that hug from P. throw you a little?

I must say that the gruesomeness of the scene where they dismember Marilyn was hard to take. They went right to it as it was obviously a part of their training to leave no identity behind. I do think that P. was pretty disgusted that he had to do it and it was obvious from how the operation went bad, that E. would have been killed or captured if he had not been there. I think they are jumping the shark with the amount of work that E. has to do. It is unrealistic and even more unrealistic that with all the money thrown around to assets etc. that they would allow her husband's business to go under as it would affect her cover as well. If he suddenly had no business, she wouldn't either and there goes her cover too. There were plenty of ways to make sure his business thrived in a legit way so suspicions would not be raised as to how they were paying the bills.

Paige is a naive child. What more can be said? She is willing to die. Seriously? @kemilia You are so right that she is a followers and bends with the wind. She could not possibly have the commitment that E has and P used to have. The spy Harvest who died in Chicago totally had it and he was accepting of what happened to him.

BTW, did anyone take a good look at Elizabeth's face when they were in Chicago? Her skin looked awful with spots and dark age spots etc. I couldn't tell if that was just part of her disguise or what was going on. When they returned home she did not look like that. It could be the make-up dept. aging her and showing the smoking and overwork on her face.

Reactions: CanuckBagLover
Ugh and Duh Stan! You are a day late and a dollar short. You had your suspicions years ago, clues from the guy that died from the stolen bacterium, a sketch from an agent E, mugged that looked just like her, and your neighbors leave their kids and gallivant all over town and come home at 4am. did you think that they were writing airline tickets or going to sex parties? True that Henry's answers could cover a lot of ground, but didn't that hug from P. throw you a little?

I must say that the gruesomeness of the scene where they dismember Marilyn was hard to take. They went right to it as it was obviously a part of their training to leave no identity behind. I do think that P. was pretty disgusted that he had to do it and it was obvious from how the operation went bad, that E. would have been killed or captured if he had not been there. I think they are jumping the shark with the amount of work that E. has to do. It is unrealistic and even more unrealistic that with all the money thrown around to assets etc. that they would allow her husband's business to go under as it would affect her cover as well. If he suddenly had no business, she wouldn't either and there goes her cover too. There were plenty of ways to make sure his business thrived in a legit way so suspicions would not be raised as to how they were paying the bills.

Paige is a naive child. What more can be said? She is willing to die. Seriously? @kemilia You are so right that she is a followers and bends with the wind. She could not possibly have the commitment that E has and P used to have. The spy Harvest who died in Chicago totally had it and he was accepting of what happened to him.

BTW, did anyone take a good look at Elizabeth's face when they were in Chicago? Her skin looked awful with spots and dark age spots etc. I couldn't tell if that was just part of her disguise or what was going on. When they returned home she did not look like that. It could be the make-up dept. aging her and showing the smoking and overwork on her face.
Yeah, I did notice a large spot on her face under her eye, didn't remember if maybe she had been slugged or something. Also--Paige has a black eye (at least it looks that way on my ipad) and neither parent comments (she did get hit in the bar by one of the guys). P goes crazy with the thought of her having sex but a black eye? I'm glad he roughed her up and shook her confidence. How the writers think an American-raised kid at her age with everything would be that naive is beyond me, very jump-the-shark here also. And yeah--E is the only agent doing all this work? It is pretty unbelievable that she and a couple of others is thwarting a whole bunch of FBI agents, and only with the little static signals from walkie talkies (did they really do this?). I totally agree that the Soviets not supporting the travel agency makes no sense, if it goes under, so does their cover, that's what often tips off law enforcement when a guy, who doesn't work yet has a big home, fancy cars, and a yacht too. I'm sure the mortgage on the DC house and the car payments (P's hot Camero) ain't cheap. Cannot wait to see how this all ends and if Stan doesn't get killed, he certainly deserves to be fired for being such a dumbo. I just love all of his recent looking-off-into-space-because-I'm-thinking-something-is-fishy-with-the-Jennings expressions. "Hmmm, we covered something like this in FBI training, if I seem to recall.":eek:

Cannot wait to see how this all ends and if Stan doesn't get killed, he certainly deserves to be fired for being such a dumbo. I just love all of his recent looking-off-into-space-because-I'm-thinking-something-is-fishy-with-the-Jennings expressions. "Hmmm, we covered something like this in FBI training, if I seem to recall.":eek:

Hahahaha! Stan aka Clueless will either rediscover his brain cells and have a life changing epiphany or get whacked by one of the Jennings. Sorry Stan, it’s not personal it’s only business, and Paige don’t forget the cannoli.

Only 2 more episodes and, in bad TV fashion, the whole story is being rushed to tie up all the stories.

Elizabeth FINALLY growing a brain and questioning what's she's being told to do.

Claudia is asking her to be quiet? Really?

Philip watching a Russian movie, and getting fitted for a snazzy suit and tie that he probably cannot afford (what's that about?).

Stavros saying he knew something fishy was going on in the back office all along.

Stan finally connecting the dots--maybe.

And what was with that "look" Renee gave Stan just before slipping into bed--is she or isn't she, for Pete's sake! What if she IS a Soviet agent and has been put in place to guard over the Jennings (and they don't know they have a guardian angel) and she kills Stan because he's getting too close? (won't happen but it would be kinda cool)

I love this show and will miss it. :crybaby:

Only 2 more episodes and, in bad TV fashion, the whole story is being rushed to tie up all the stories.

Elizabeth FINALLY growing a brain and questioning what's she's being told to do.

Claudia is asking her to be quiet? Really?

Philip watching a Russian movie, and getting fitted for a snazzy suit and tie that he probably cannot afford (what's that about?).

Stavros saying he knew something fishy was going on in the back office all along.

Stan finally connecting the dots--maybe.

And what was with that "look" Renee gave Stan just before slipping into bed--is she or isn't she, for Pete's sake! What if she IS a Soviet agent and has been put in place to guard over the Jennings (and they don't know they have a guardian angel) and she kills Stan because he's getting too close? (won't happen but it would be kinda cool)

I love this show and will miss it. :crybaby:
Elizabeth grew a brain because of what Phil said to her I think. She finally listened.
I think her killing of the woman she was caring for was so brutal. What was on the brush?

just read NYT recap....I guess it was just a paintbrush she choked her with - nothing special on the brush

Elizabeth grew a brain because of what Phil said to her I think. She finally listened.
I think her killing of the woman she was caring for was so brutal. What was on the brush?

just read NYT recap....I guess it was just a paintbrush she choked her with - nothing special on the brush
One recap said the green liquid was bile. At first I thought it was paint (why green paint, Elizabeth, this will be noticed) but bile makes sense. That actress--Miriam Shor--was great. She's good on Younger too, I always wish her role was bigger.

Philip getting that suit (if he did) worries me.

I thought it looked like Phil was getting a suit to wear in his coffin or a suit to defect in! The whole thing with the Russian video made me think that he wanted to hear the language again and he might be considering returning to Russia as he thinks that everything in the US has not worked out. For a moment I was also thinking that they will be caught by Stan and Elizabeth with broker a deal that allows Phil to go back to Russia. If that was the case, I could see him looking up Martha, who should actually shut the door in his face!

I wonder if they final episodes will deal with the Philip's Russian son. Never understood the plot line which seemed very interesting about him going to great lengths to get to America to see his Dad only to be stopped and returned home. Seemed pointless in the end.
I thought Philip watching the Russian movie was more like a farewell to country he once new and believed but no longer does and will never see again.

Reactions: chowlover2
I wonder if they final episodes will deal with the Philip's Russian son. Never understood the plot line which seemed very interesting about him going to great lengths to get to America to see his Dad only to be stopped and returned home. Seemed pointless in the end.
I thought Philip watching the Russian movie was more like a farewell to country he once new and believed but no longer does and will never see again.
That hadn’t occurred to me about the Russian video. Interesting point.

@sdkitty he did look very grim.

Never understood the plot line with his son either.