The Americans - FX

I still think Phillip will kill Elizabeth and defect with the kids. I don't see him going back to the USSR. At least that is how I hope it ends.

Where ddi Elizabeth introduce Paige to her Mother? Was it in Bulgaria a few seasons back?
I thought it was Germany because as US citizens, their going to a communist country would ring some bells. Found this on The Americans Wiki:

March 1983 Under the pretense of having travel agent related business in Germany, Elizabeth and Paige travel to Kreuzberg, West Berlin in order to meet with Elizabeth’s mother. In 1983, Kreuzberg was a pro-democracy enclave surrounded by Soviet-influenced East Berlin. Three quarters of the area’s boundaries were defined by the Berlin Wall. The close proximity of the area to the East-West Berlin borders would have provided many opportunities for the KGB to transport Elizabeth’s mother.

Reactions: CanuckBagLover
I thought she was Stan's girlfriend? Also I must of missed it but when did they move into the new house next to Stan? I thought they lived in a separate house now the live in attached condo next to Stan?

I had to laugh when Stan asked Philip if something was wrong and he said "I have a sense for this". (Were the writers having a joke on us?)
I find it a little unbelievable that Stan after 8 years is now suspicious of Philip and Elizabeth but I hope it leads somewhere. Would love to have the original tension of season 1 back.

I'm all caught up and just read all these posts.

I also feel Paige will be their downfall, she isn't listening to her mother and no way would she take a poison pill even though at her age she says she isn't afraid to die. It was unrealistic writing, I think, when Paige sees her mother covered in blood and brains and doesn't have a breakdown over it--what the heck is in that Kool Aid she's drinking? She's not a hardened person yet; I would think that unless you are an absolute sociopath, seeing that is gonna freak you out, instead she's saying "sorry, mom" for leaving her post. She is a follower, wanting to please her leader (pastor dude, Elizabeth).

As for Stan (and I missed the marriage too), he was suspicious of them in the beginning and then got over it, I said it then and I'll say it now--no way an FBI agent just says "my bad" when Philip confronts him in his own garage while rummaging through the Jenning's car, and then ignores all the red flags since he IS an FBI agent and most likely been taught how to profile people, what to look for, etc. Some how he thinks it's normal for 2 travel agents to come and go as they do? Coming in at 4 a.m.? At least Henry was able to corroborate Philip's "business is very bad" story.

This one of the few shows I've watched when I want the bad guy(s) (Elizabeth) to be caught. On Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, The Shield, I was always pulling for the bad people but on this show, I want Elizabeth to go down and go down bad and KNOW she's going down (betcha Philip somehow gets hold of that pill and/or replaces with an aspirin--YES!).

Reactions: chowlover2