stupid birkin drama...need some advice...sorry long

I agree with everyone, msbroberts. I was just thinking that it's probably that type of behavior on her part that only makes them more inclined to favor you. But that's by the by. Just enjoy your new bag and smile! You'll radiate happiness and gratitude and that'll be what your ILs (and anyone else) notice above anything else.

And don't feel guilty. They would not have bought it for you unless you were the fabulous DIL we all know you are. :flowers:
So since Ms. Jealous spilled the beans I think you deserve at least a peek in the box!!!:lol:

2nd! I don't know any inlaw that could ever be forced into buying a Birkin. You are obviously such a great daughter-in-law that they wanted to give you a lovely Hermes gift, whether it be a Birkin or not. :yes:

Ok let me get this correct you are getting a Birkin???
:censor: her!!!!!!!!!!

With people like this I would just play it :cool: Cool
Do not let her know that the message upset you.

And make sure when you get your Birkin you :drinkup: in front of her.

Be Very Sweet !!!!!

That will hurt her, I have one of this sister in laws
my brothers wife.

Lord Help Me.

2nd! I don't know any inlaw that could ever be forced into buying a Birkin. You are obviously such a great daughter-in-law that they wanted to give you a lovely Hermes gift, whether it be a Birkin or not. :yes:

This is sooo true! She's just jealous. Take HiHeels et all advice and take the higher road. She sounds like a charmer. Is that why her husband has had to turn to substance abuse?:nuts:

My sister-in-law #1 can be catty. My favorite was telling me that if I had a Hermes bag, I needed the Hermes wallet to go into the Hermes bag. She said this to me not even knowing how many I have or knowing I have Bearn Wallets. I have never discussed them with her. She lives across the country and I rarely see her. I don't travel with Birkin or Kelly, just Bolide or Trim so that's all she has seen of my collection. I have never let on about any of these bags because I didn't want to hear the commentary from her. As previously discussed on the site, many family members don't get it or are jealous. I just avoid the subject completely with people like this.

Mrs, of course you are a lady (and you're SIL clearly not) and every inch of you deserves that Birkin! You don't even stoop to that level that your SIL leads her bottom-feeding life. Your in-laws got it for you because they love you and you don't need to feel guilty for that. I love HH's script, way to go! I hope you get your dream bag!

HiHeels, that is a perfect response! Bravo! Mrs.Roberts, you just call that SIL of your and say: "Oh my goodness! They bought me a Birkin? I didn't know! Aren't we blessed to have the best inlaws on the planet!" :flowers: By saying "aren't we" instead of "I" you are including her in the formula. How could she possibly respond negatively when it includes her, too?

:devil: !!!!!!!!

CB, you crack me up! Your persistence is admirable-you're like the little devil sitting on one's shoulder!

LOL, I know I'm bad. DH and I are the same way. We once opened our Christmas presents as early as Dec. 15th. Now we don't shop for presents until maybe two days before a holiday because we are so bad. We're like we'll just open one and save the rest...and two seconds later there's a huge pile of wrapping paper and we've opened everything! :lol:

OK :back2topic: I admire all of you who have patience! :shame:

This is sooo true! She's just jealous. Take HiHeels et all advice and take the higher road. She sounds like a charmer. Is that why her husband has had to turn to substance abuse?:nuts:

My sister-in-law #1 can be catty. My favorite was telling me that if I had a Hermes bag, I needed the Hermes wallet to go into the Hermes bag. She said this to me not even knowing how many I have or knowing I have Bearn Wallets. I have never discussed them with her. She lives across the country and I rarely see her. I don't travel with Birkin or Kelly, just Bolide or Trim so that's all she has seen of my collection. I have never let on about any of these bags because I didn't want to hear the commentary from her. As previously discussed on the site, many family members don't get it or are jealous. I just avoid the subject completely with people like this.

GK, I totally understand where you're coming from about family and friends that don't get it. I learned after the third expensive bag I bought. I mean, you should hear the comments:cursing: I was almost brought to tears and I'm a tough old bird, lol. So I've decided I will not share anymore of my bags to family and friends. Even DH was curious why I don't share my new bags with my sis, sil, and mom and I told him why. I told him that their negative comments just take away from my excitement and joy. I know it shouldn't but sometimes it just get annoying and hurtful. I also told dh that I will only share it now with my pf friends. Thank god I have you gals in this pf to share it :love: