stupid birkin drama...need some advice...sorry long

Thanks everyone! You turned a horrible morning into something to laugh about! What would I do without you!

I love all of your ideas!

Msbroberts, I'm sorry to hear that! First of all, when she comes over on Friday, beat her over the head with your big yellow Birkin! Just kidding.

Thanks! I laughed out loud! I needed that! I think hitting her with my yellow birkin would be just punishment...Recently, we were at a wedding, and the groom came over to me, gushing, "You're an angel, you saved the day!" I had given him some shout wipes, after he got lipstick on his cream tux, about 30 min before the ceremony...she said, "god knows, you carry a suitcase, at least it's good for something." Yes, I was carrying the yellow birkin.

I think I was feeling a little guilty, because I had asked them to look while they were there...I did say frame it like, they are so hard to find here, and I would pay for it.....just look for me....and I could 'ride' that, but if I am honest, I knew if they felt inclined, they would just buy as a gift, birthday or Christmas.
hiheels said:
"do you know anyone who DOESN'T want a birkin?" and then lol.
Thank you! That is so perfect!

Again, thank you everyone! You really made my day!

and if she raises and eyebrow, just be as innocent as possible if she repeats that junk about it being rude, and tell her "all of my friends are REALLY happy for me, not just for the gift, whatever it is, but for having such kind IN-LAWS!!!"
if she asks: "did you ASK them for it?"
respond: "do you know anyone who DOESN'T want a birkin?" and then lol.

vague, you don't have to say more then you're comfortable with.
good luck - you have my sympathy!!!

i really love this script HH-cool, calm, and collected! i'm so going to consult you if I have another run-in with my SIL! :flowers:

Oh Dear!!!!! I'm am with HiHeels on this one too! Perfect responses to a nasty, jealous and tacky woman. Do NOT stoop to that level....always hold your head high and be as happy as can be in the face of her envy. On Friday you will have a lovely gift purchased just for you by some extremely loving In-Laws! Have a wonderful, blessed day!!!!!

....and let us know ASAP what's in that dang BOX!!!!!!

And don't feel guilty. They would not have bought it for you unless you were the fabulous DIL we all know you are. :flowers:
So since Ms. Jealous spilled the beans I think you deserve at least a peek in the box!!!:lol:

I am so sorry that you have this type of person in your life. Just realize that she is very ignorant and jealous as no well manered person would EVER speak to another person like this. Also just bear in mind that NO ONE makes people do anything. Your inlaws obviously love you and felt desire to treat you to something. Please don't let this little person ruin such a wonderful thing as a gift. Regardless of what is in the box, you know that you are loved and appreciated by them and she can just be miserable and rot in her snotty petty jealousy.

Also like mentioned above - VENT TO US HERE! We got your back baby! Enjoy your big day and savor every blessed moment of the gift, its smell, its feel and the respect that comes from carrying such a work of art around.

And don't feel guilty. They would not have bought it for you unless you were the fabulous DIL we all know you are. :flowers:
So since Ms. Jealous spilled the beans I think you deserve at least a peek in the box!!!:lol:

CB, you crack me up! Your persistence is admirable-you're like the little devil sitting on one's shoulder!

Oh Dear!!!!! I'm am with HiHeels on this one too! Perfect responses to a nasty, jealous and tacky woman. Do NOT stoop to that level....always hold your head high and be as happy as can be in the face of her envy. On Friday you will have a lovely gift purchased just for you by some extremely loving In-Laws! Have a wonderful, blessed day!!!!!

....and let us know ASAP what's in that dang BOX!!!!!!

Yes, yes, yes, and yes! Such drama! Ignore it and enjoy your day, your life, and your bag!

LOL, Are you related to freud? Just a little justification, right?

Actually, it is making my resolve even stronger, so I can be really surprised. I am not a very good actress. I want to continue to be the good DIL, lol.

I know she is jealous, and must not be a very 'giving' person...everything is 'about something' with her. Last Christmas, we gave the in-laws a package to Pebble Beach. We had just gone and they kept raving, how wonderful for you guys...what a course, etc...so we just knew we had to get it for them. It was pretty expensive, green fee's alone there are $450 ea, plus you have to stay there to play....so the whole thing was over 5,000 for a few days of golf and spa stuff, ...but it wasn't about the money....we were just so excited to think of something they would truly love, and not spend the money on for themselves. My MIL cried when she opened it....I had got a bunch of cheapy golf stuff and put it in a box, and at the bottom was the gift certificate....DH's brother and wife, said, "oh, had to show they rest of us up"....DH said, it's not about that, it's about making them happy...and we did! SIL said, maybe they really don't want to go, don't you think if they really wanted to go, they just would...:wtf: does mil look like she is not thrilled

Please don't even think about what she said to you. I am not trying to just say it to comfort you..b/c it is VERY clear that she is jealous of you. Please don't be bothered by it. It's not worth it. Please just enjoy your up-coming BIG day, and update us what is in your orange box! I am sure it's your dream bag!

Actually, it is making my resolve even stronger, so I can be really surprised. I am not a very good actress. I want to continue to be the good DIL, lol.

I know she is jealous, and must not be a very 'giving' person...everything is 'about something' with her. Last Christmas, we gave the in-laws a package to Pebble Beach. We had just gone and they kept raving, how wonderful for you guys...what a course, etc...so we just knew we had to get it for them. It was pretty expensive, green fee's alone there are $450 ea, plus you have to stay there to play....so the whole thing was over 5,000 for a few days of golf and spa stuff, ...but it wasn't about the money....we were just so excited to think of something they would truly love, and not spend the money on for themselves. My MIL cried when she opened it....I had got a bunch of cheapy golf stuff and put it in a box, and at the bottom was the gift certificate....DH's brother and wife, said, "oh, had to show they rest of us up"....DH said, it's not about that, it's about making them happy...and we did! SIL said, maybe they really don't want to go, don't you think if they really wanted to go, they just would...:wtf: does mil look like she is not thrilled

Definitely don't let someone like her get to you; I think it's wonderful that you and DH are so generous with his parents. They are very very fortunate to have such a giving DIL, especially since their other one is not so like-minded!

i really love this script HH-cool, calm, and collected! i'm so going to consult you if I have another run-in with my SIL! :flowers:

i have a lot of experience - growing up, my poor mom had really tough in-laws and i actually gave her lots of tips (doesn't that sound nuts:rolleyes:). i also had to tell some people off on my sister's behalf, growing up. and then i secretly hoped that i would have confrontational, creepy in-laws so i could flex my come-back muscle for myself and what happens? i get the most non-confrontational, tight-lipped group you could ever ever find - doesn't mean they're little angels, but they won't say anything rude, and my sil is my best friend, so what's a girl to do... very frustrating. lol

Please don't even think about what she said to you. I am not trying to just say it to comfort you..b/c it is VERY clear that she is jealous of you. Please don't be bothered by it. It's not worth it. Please just enjoy your up-coming BIG day, and update us what is in your orange box! I am sure it's your dream bag!
amen -- your sil clearly has issues that have zippo to do with whether you ask your inlaws to look for a birkin or what you give them for christmas. pity her, accept that you cannot change this, and don't give that rude message another thought.

then go peek in the package.

Wow!! You guys are awesome son and DIL!!! I seriously think that there's a major case of jealousy going on on the part of your SIL. Perhaps she's simply not happy with her life and that she finds it necessary to bring others down as well ...