Statement on recent events

Status
Not open for further replies.
coco-nut said:
Thank you so much for posting your statement! I have been patiently waiting for and advocating for such a thread over the past five days. I hated having to read about what was happening on our forum elsewhere. And I hope this means that this thread will stick around for a long time, unedited, so that anyone who needs an explanation can refer to it.

Welcome back, Vlad!

We were not about to release a statement until Vlad got back from his "vacation" and he and I were able to sit down and talk about what to do and what the other Mods thought. This was not an easy situation to handle and we did our best to our ability. I am not sure where else you read about this, but I know that we would not divulge any info until we all decided to do so unanimously and Vlad was back.

This thread is going to be made sticky and will not be touched (that is unless of course someone starts throwing f bombs around every other word :amuse: )

Kellybag said:
As members of this forum it does not mean we have a right to receive a statement about the events that occured, but I can truly appreciate that one was given. I also am thankful we do have a strong team that watches this board and is there if we need assistance in any fashion.

As for what happened, we do need to see/realize that by one person's actions many events "seemed" to occur. These actions may have happened outside of this forum, but the results indirectly affected many here and a great deal of time was spent cleaning up the mess. I am not here to judge anyone, but each and every person should take what happened here and think about their own actions. What you do in life can always affect others, so think before you do. It can really make a difference in life.

I cannot say this was Noriko's fault, but quite possibly a difference in choices that she could have made would have resulted in another outcome for her personally and for this board. I consider Noriko a friend on this board and spent many times posting back and forth with her. She also added a great deal to many threads on the board. She has been missed in the Hermes threads by many of us.

On that note, I want to thank the team for looking out for our best interests and working so hard. It keeps this board/forum a positive place to be. Whatever you all choose to do regarding Noriko's return, revising the rules, and future forum decisions you have many that support you here.

Your message is COMPLETELY what I was hoping everyone may realize/feel.

And yes, Noriko did not directly ask for those people to come here- but they came because of her and because of that our board went down quickly. It went down enough that we had to remove posts and shut down registration for 5 days. That is not something ANY board will want to do...

^^^Yes Megs, what other do elsewhere can affect others, like ripples in the water...ok, too deep!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, I feel here is just like any other place you may join, work,school,club whatever, you guys own and run this place you have every right to do what you think is best for the forum, and we should respect those rules and decisions.

You all did a great job, thank you.

shushopn said:
I had no idea any of this was going on. You guys sure had your hands full! Thank you so much for all your hard work to keep this board as wonderful as it is.

Ditto!!!
I was clueless and my gratitude goes out to all the Mods and the people who put in their time for us.

Wow. I'm so sorry for the drama that all the mods and admins had to handle. I think you all did an amazing job, I didn't have a clue anything was even wrong. Thanks to everyone who made the forum run just as smoothly as usual and making this place great for everyone to come and have fun.

"Originally Posted by Kellybag
As members of this forum it does not mean we have a right to receive a statement about the events that occured, but I can truly appreciate that one was given. I also am thankful we do have a strong team that watches this board and is there if we need assistance in any fashion."

I completely agree with you, Kellybag.

I really love this forum, I have learned so much about different labels (the only one I knew before I came here was Coach), and it is so wonderful to meet people from all all over the world to discuss one of my favorite things (besides chocolate).

I didn't know anything had happened, and I add to the chorus that the moderators must really be quick and did a fantastic job keeping this a "safe' place for us purse lovers.

Meg, Vlad and the rest of the moderators, thank you for the purse forum and a place for me to be educated and have fun at the same time.

I appreciate all your hard work Megs, Vlad, & mods. I respect the decisions you guys have made. Btw, I agree with the way you handled the situation. I really enjoy the PF and would hate to see it compromised because of one member. Now that everything is out in the open and all questions are answered can we all get back to "bag blogging"?

Thanks to Vlad, Meg, and all the moderators. You guys are great! This forum is the only one I would ever feel comfortable joining or posting to and it is because of all of your hard work trying to keep it safe and comfortable. Thanks again for everything.

P.S. Vlad your avatar makes me giggle everytime I see it!

MssTammy said:
One of the members here told a mod here that one of the words in BBB was *****es. I remember the person and the post. I guess that was before someone posted about too much profanity being used here.:hrmm:

No, no, no, I kow what you're talking about. I'm talking about a completely different thing. It was in a PM, from a BBB member.
Anyhow, thank you again for clearing that up.;)

i think that even on the internet there are rules than need to be respected. the forum is everyone's , but it is mainly of vlad and megs who take care of it lovingly so they have the right to do what the prefere and what they find right for the life and stabilty of this forum.
i hope the thing with noriko finds a solution, she is a very nice person.

Kellybag said:
As members of this forum it does not mean we have a right to receive a statement about the events that occured, but I can truly appreciate that one was given. I also am thankful we do have a strong team that watches this board and is there if we need assistance in any fashion.

As for what happened, we do need to see/realize that by one person's actions many events "seemed" to occur. These actions may have happened outside of this forum, but the results indirectly affected many here and a great deal of time was spent cleaning up the mess. I am not here to judge anyone, but each and every person should take what happened here and think about their own actions. What you do in life can always affect others, so think before you do. It can really make a difference in life.

I cannot say this was Noriko's fault, but quite possibly a difference in choices that she could have made would have resulted in another outcome for her personally and for this board. I consider Noriko a friend on this board and spent many times posting back and forth with her. She also added a great deal to many threads on the board. She has been missed in the Hermes threads by many of us.

On that note, I want to thank the team for looking out for our best interests and working so hard. It keeps this board/forum a positive place to be. Whatever you all choose to do regarding Noriko's return, revising the rules, and future forum decisions you have many that support you here.

I agree with every point. I truly appreciate the efforts made by the mods and Megs and Vlad to ensure us a drama-free place to discuss with one another :smile:

melisande said:
I agree with divina on one point -- Noriko has always been so nice, and a lot of fun. Do want to make a point of saying that.

We never claimed she wasn't- and I do want to make that clear for all of you. This was not personal but about a situation that arose because of Noriko's personal life that got brought to our board.

yes i did understand that and i am sorry i was probably not clear when i wrote :shame:

Megs said:
We never claimed she wasn't- and I do want to make that clear for all of you. This was not personal but about a situation that arose because of Noriko's personal life that got brought to our board.

Status
Not open for further replies.