Statement on recent events

Status
Not open for further replies.
to admin and mods: thanks for running things smoothly, and doing what was best in interest for the members and the forum as a whole. you guys rock!

to noriko: we missed you noriko!

Vlad said:
They all think that I am a homosexual and purseloving sissy who loves to crossdress on weekends - and can't handle the forum.

Vlad, you always crack me up! My stomach hurts right now... :lol::lol::lol:

Without Vlad, Megs and the Mods, TPF wouldn't run as smoothly as we all want it to be. Thanks to all of you and the time and effort you put into this forum. :love:

Welcome back, Vlad.

I would have never thought a purse forum could have such drama! So much work and agony for Megs, Vlad and the Mods since some people just can't be respectful. It's really so sad...:sad:

Thank you for the explanation and everything else. May you be able to take a worry free vacation soon, Vlad!

Thank you so much for posting your statement! I have been patiently waiting for and advocating for such a thread over the past five days. I hated having to read about what was happening on our forum elsewhere. And I hope this means that this thread will stick around for a long time, unedited, so that anyone who needs an explanation can refer to it.

Welcome back, Vlad!

Thank you so much for giving us the background of what had happened the other day. You guys work so hard to keep this board a great place to come to; believe me we all appreciate it. :biggrin:

what a nightmare! I was oblivious to all the drama but am so glad I was. (it's hard for me to tolerate rudeness but I'm getting better - I might have ended up throwin' down with some troublemaker and getting kicked out myself!)

The ignore feature has become my best friend.

Thanks for your class and dedication guys/gals. I've never participated in a blog before and would hate this to be my last experience. Hats off to you, I couldn't run a blog thats for sure.

Thank you for your explanation. This is just a suggestion, and I don't know how this will be taken...but what about charging a membership fee to belong to the forum. Even a small fee of $25/yr or so? I pay this much on another forum (for moms) and it was well worth it, because I learned so much. This might keep out trolls and such. Jus a suggestion...

I appreciate all you have done (Meg, Vlad and Mods). This is my favorite place to be!

I just wanted to say Thanks for running everthing smoothly and protecting us from rudeness and other attacks. I actually would like the idea of a yearly/ monthly fee because it could support all technical and financial stuff and it would keep people out who just want to cause drama.

Thank you all for providing an explanation of recent events. As Jill already said, she didn't need an explanation and neither did I, but I appreciate you providing one to fellow members. Unfortunately, silence often breeds unorganized chaos.

This is a unique board and I have learned so much just reading over the posts the past few weeks and already have made major changes in the way I view, handle and care for purses.

I realize that this is your board to administer and run, but it is the members who contribute thoughts, opinions and ideas. We often follow the same philosophy as our leaders and I believe in due time we can return to the comfort of our community.

I know that the thoughtful explanation you provided will envelope this board and bring calm once again to the Purse Forum.

Thank you again for all that you do. :love:

Thank you for the explanation and for doing an amazing job Vlad, Megs and the mods! Seriously, as soon as I saw something suspicious, the mods had already intervened! And I must say, that whatever you decide with Noriko I will respect, but I do want to say that she is missed and I know many of us would welcome her back with open arms!!! But like others have said, we are all guests and must respect the rules of the house!!!

Thanks again for making this such a wonderful place!!!!

You did such a great job. I don't know anyone who even saw any of it - you cleared it away so fast. I think you have dealt with it in the right way. I do not for a moment believe that any of them think that Vlad or the moderating team cannot handle the forum - you can and did and, we all hope, will continue to do it as brilliantly as you do.

LucreziaCA said:
Thank you Megs, Vlad and the Mods for handling the situation so swiftly and decisively. I am a newbie, but I have been the member of other online communities that were ruined by trolls.

Also, I think sometimes the open nature of the Internet allows us to forget that THIS forum is paid for/owned/run by Megs and Vlad, and not to put too fine a point on it...y'all can do whatever the heck you want!

I have been utterly perplexed by the drama, it was completely gone by the time I logged on to ogle bags some more. Thank you for keeping this place a haven for shallow obsessing. :smile:

i second everything you said!! :biggrin:
meg, vlad and all the mods have done such a wonderful job keeping this board a friendly, positive place for us all the be and i am grateful to of found a forum with such wonderful people!! thanks :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.