Star Jones is on Larry King Live right now.

BLM - Just an observation - I always hear negative comments about attorneys (or the underhanded jab) and who is the first person people call when in trouble?;)

I am a fellow attorney as well:yes: That's when its OK to be slick - but only then of course!

i wish I could do one of those circle graphs like they do in math class with a large circle representing LAWYERS then a small circle within the larger circle representing SLICK LAWYERS which would show that all lawyers are not slick yet all slick lawyers are lawyers..hehehe...does anyone know what I'm talking about?...ok bad joke...

I guess I mean to say, that of course all lawyers are not slick, but there are undoubtedly slick lawyers....like slick politicians...but we all have individual opinions on which category Star falls under. :smile::smile::smile:

Kumbhaya everyone!

varsha624 said:
i wish I could do one of those circle graphs like they do in math class with a large circle representing LAWYERS then a small circle within the larger circle representing SLICK LAWYERS which would show that all lawyers are not slick yet all slick lawyers are lawyers..hehehe...does anyone know what I'm talking about?...ok bad joke...

I guess I mean to say, that of course all lawyers are not slick, but there are undoubtedly slick lawyers....like slick politicians...but we all have individual opinions on which category Star falls under. :smile::smile::smile:

Kumbhaya everyone!

I knew this was coming back to Star :roflmfao: I going to the LV thread to see if Vlad got the eMail from the Michelle Sally Ho LV SA imposter.:biggrin:

BagLovingMom said:
I don't think you have to be a lawyer to read a post again LOL!! Actually you didn't qualify, and the statement reads ambiguously something to the effect of "she's a slick lawyer" You seem pissed, hope that passes! I actually was just curious as I recently attended a seminar on negative preconceptions/stereotypes of lawyers, just doing a little of my own research, but again you seem -er annoyed so I'll refrain from asking you any more questions! :biggrin:

Okay this thread is becoming quite funny:roflmfao: . I am not annoyed whatsoever. I am so happy and mellow. Getting ready to have a ball downtown tonight.

No, you are right. You do not need to be an attorney to understand my statement. However, most attorneys are more refined in correctly analyzing statements. I just did not understand how you could logically deduce "all lawyers are slick" from "she's a slick lawyer". And if you think "she's a slick lawyer" is an ambiguous statement, well...

I do not have any negative stereotypes of lawyers. I almost became one but decided not to after completing my internship.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great night tonight!!!! I know I will:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

envyme said:
Okay this thread is becoming quite funny:roflmfao: . I am not annoyed whatsoever. I am so happy and mellow. Getting ready to have a ball downtown tonight.

No, you are right. You do not need to be an attorney to understand my statement. However, most attorneys are more refined in correctly analyzing statements. I just did not understand how you could logically deduce "all lawyers are slick" from "she's a slick lawyer". And if you think "she's a slick lawyer" is an ambiguous statement, well...

I do not have any negative stereotypes of lawyers. I almost became one but decided not to after completing my internship.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great night tonight!!!! I know I will:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

I didn't deduce anything, hence I asked you the question, well.... Be safe out there tonight!

BagLovingMom said:
Edit: Natansgirl have you seen many Birkins in Durham, I NEVER once did!!

No to this day I have yet to see one. Maybe that will change when Hermes comes to Charlotte!

And thank you for the compliment about my bags, elongreach.

And as for the lawyer thing... I hate that lawyers have such a bad rap. I spent two years in law school and while some of my professors were definitely crooked in their private practice, for the most part my professors were really above board and honest. Except for my civ pro professor who consistently came to class drunk...but that's another story for another day. lol

shoegal said:
BLM - Just an observation - I always hear negative comments about attorneys (or the underhanded jab) and who is the first person people call when in trouble?;)

I am a fellow attorney as well:yes: That's when its OK to be slick - but only then of course!

So true shoegal. My Dad can't stand lawyers LOL, but he has 5 :roflmfao: !!

Nathansgirl I have seen exactly ONE Birkin here in Charlotte in my two years here. When my parent's realtor took me out to look at houses I discovered that she had one--she just FLUNG it in the back seat! She was like, "I'm not really a bag person but I figured oh what the hel*! " She said that I was the first person to ever comment about it! I'm puzzled, there's lots of $$$ here!

BagLovingMom said:
So true shoegal. My Dad can't stand lawyers LOL, but he has 5 :roflmfao: !!

Nathansgirl I have seen exactly ONE Birkin here in Charlotte in my two years here. When my parent's realtor took me out to look at houses I discovered that she had one--she just FLUNG it in the back seat! She was like, "I'm not really a bag person but I figured oh what the hel*! " She said that I was the first person to ever comment about it! I'm puzzled, there's lots of $$$ here!

Wow. That's certainly different. BTW what did the birin look like?

Anyway, I wonder if people in the area actually know what birkins are...even with all the money there. I mean when I am there I mainly see LV, Burberry, and Coach. I was talking to the manager of the D.C. Hermes back in June and she was saying that she had to really think about the type of bags to order for the store. She asked if I thought they should be rather conservative and I said that yes I did.

nathansgirl1908 said:
Wow. That's certainly different. BTW what did the birin look like?

Anyway, I wonder if people in the area actually know what birkins are...even with all the money there. I mean when I am there I mainly see LV, Burberry, and Coach. I was talking to the manager of the D.C. Hermes back in June and she was saying that she had to really think about the type of bags to order for the store. She asked if I thought they should be rather conservative and I said that yes I did.

Well, I work in the banking/finance world which of course, dominates Charlotte, so it is very conservative. Lots of Coach and plain black leather totes. Outside of work, I see a fair amount of LV, a lot of Thedas for some reason, and the denim and MC lines are fairly popular. I rarely see any Damier (that's what I mainly wear to work). My friend's birkin was a 30, black with palladium hardware, it was Togo leather, she said she regretted not getting the Chevre since she found her bag heavy. Like many large cities, there's old and new money here, it will be interesting to see the response to Hermes.

BagLovingMom said:
Well, I work in the banking/finance world which of course, dominates Charlotte, so it is very conservative. Lots of Coach and plain black leather totes. Outside of work, I see a fair amount of LV, a lot of Thedas for some reason, and the denim and MC lines are fairly popular. I rarely see any Damier (that's what I mainly wear to work). My friend's birkin was a 30, black with palladium hardware, it was Togo leather, she said she regretted not getting the Chevre since she found her bag heavy. Like many large cities, there's old and new money here, it will be interesting to see the response to Hermes.

I could see more people in Charlotte going for the kellys instead of the birkins. I can't wait for the opening!

As for your friend's birkin, I figured that colors like black and gold would probably be the norm. My fuschia would probably not go over well. lol And I have heard that togo is heavy. I prefer chevre anyway though.

The View's Next Star: Brandy?

FRIDAY JUNE 30, 2006 03:40PM EST
By Carrie Borzillo-Vrenna

Brandy Photo by: PATRICK RIDEAUX / PICTUREPERFECT
brandy1.jpg

Could Star Jones Reynolds's replacement on The View be Brandy? The singer and actress will fill in on the ABC morning show next Wednesday and Friday, her rep tells PEOPLE exclusively.

The 27-year-old former Moesha star is currently a judge on America's Got Talent, an NBC reality show produced by American Idol's Simon Cowell. "America's Got Talent has really opened a lot of doors for me," she tells PEOPLE. "I want to do a lot more TV."

Her View stint could lead to a full-time job. "These tryouts are for consideration for the permanent gig," a source close to the situation tells PEOPLE. "They plan to have a few people trying out, like what CBS did (before hiring) Craig Ferguson for the Late Late Show."

On Thursday, One Life to Live actress Renée Goldsberry was the first guest host to fill in for Reynolds. Goldsberry was recruited "almost at the last minute," according to cohost and show creator Barbara Walters.

Goldsberry will be a guest host again on Monday. Tuesday's episode will be a repeat of a previous broadcast and All My Children's Susan Lucci will fill in on Thursday.

Born in McComb, Mississippi, Brandy (full name: Brandy Norwood) has released four albums that together have sold more than 25 million copies. She starred in UPN's Moesha from 1996-2001, and had leading roles in the movies TV movies Cinderella and Double Platinum.

The View has been the focus of much attention since Reynolds's surprise on-air announcement Tuesday that she would not be returning for the show's 10th season. She revealed to PEOPLE that she had been fired.

She's cute, but I'm not convinced yet as she's a little boring to watch as a judge on the America's Got Talent show (which, by the way, I think is horrible) .

However, I really like the Mo'Nique (sp?) suggestion (she was really fun to watch on the Martha show).

I'm definitley tuning in as often as I can just to see who is filling in.