Spend threshold for B/K/C

Two SAs have told me K28 is more common than K25 (I used to shop at another store in CA before moving to my current store). I've spent more money than I want to admit. But it's H so there's no hard and fast rule! But all the information you need is on here and lots of helpful fellow customers.

I know, right?! That’s what I read here all day long. That k28 & b30 are easier. Sometimes I secretly wonder if I should have asked for k25 and b25, so that they would offer me those?
Reverse psychology.. :thinking:

To clarify.. This was last year when I was told this. And what my SA says was: k28 retourne is harder than k25 retourne. K28 sellier is easier than both k25. At least at my store, or maybe to her? I’m curious to know how they allocate bags.

I know, right?! That’s what I read here all day long. That k28 & b30 are easier. Sometimes I secretly wonder if I should have asked for k25 and b25, so that they would offer me those?
Reverse psychology.. :thinking:

To clarify.. This was last year when I was told this. And what my SA says was: k28 retourne is harder than k25 retourne. K28 sellier is easier than both k25. At least at my store, or maybe to her? I’m curious to know how they allocate bags.

Ironically, I was told B25 is super rare and I got two K25s. Turns out I like Kellys due to the strap! Also got told sellier is super rare (that was what I wanted). I like retourne just fine! But yeah, I told my SA what I really wanted is B25. It's so weird. I think we shop at the same store. :hugs: The hardest bag to get was my Evelyne TPM ironically. I've had home stores in two states (not at the same time) and neither has been easy.

Also got told sellier is super rare

Yes, this I was told the same.

[/QUOTE]

I realized we shop at the same store too. 🤗

Dunno if you can tell, I’m working on my 500 posts. :lol:

To keep this on topic, I think spend threshold is very real. When people say after 2020, 3:1 for a popular spec in a competitive store, in my experience it’s been the case.

Yes, this I was told the same.

To keep this on topic, I think spend threshold is very real. When people say after 2020, 3:1 for a popular spec in a competitive store, in my experience it’s been the case.
[/QUOTE]
I've been curious about which stores are considered "competitive" Is there a list somewhere?

• Haha
Reactions: 880 and Gin&H

I've been curious about which stores are considered "competitive" Is there a list somewhere?
[/QUOTE]

That ratio has been my experience. There's no list, but it seems like it's hard in every US store at least.

That’s what I’ve read for years.
As with everything H, things could happen quite unexpectedly.

I got two b25, within a year, while waiting for a b30. :lol:

I’m now waiting for a retourne k28, but my SA says at our store that’s harder than k25!
Very interesting.
Just throwing it out there, maybe.... you're most desired spec is just out if reach to keep you in purchase the loop.

We should throw down some reverse psychology based in OPs comment. Haha!

I was hoping that vibing with my SA (we have a good repoire) and a willingness to wait would offset that I am not spending 35k in a few months, but it sounds like there's no hope if that's the kind of money I'd have to throw down in a year for not even a 25 size. I'm not going to buy preloved- part of it for me is the relationship and the enjoyment of the luxury experience, and 25s are like 25k. ._. I'm hoping 25s become less popular as the trend swings but fat chance.

I was hoping that vibing with my SA (we have a good repoire) and a willingness to wait would offset that I am not spending 35k in a few months, but it sounds like there's no hope if that's the kind of money I'd have to throw down in a year for not even a 25 size. I'm not going to buy preloved- part of it for me is the relationship and the enjoyment of the luxury experience, and 25s are like 25k. ._. I'm hoping 25s become less popular as the trend swings but fat chance.

I’m sorry :sad: It’s not a hard and fast rule that you have to spend x to get y … People likely have gotten recent QB offers with more or less spend at this store. It was just to illustrate the type of clients that you’re competing with for the exact same bag specs. I’m sure your SA is lovely, but if she only has 1 K25, it would be very difficult for her to justify why she should offer it to you instead of my friend :sad:

Unfortunately, the 25 B or K is super hard to get. It's easier to get a B30 or K28 (not that those are that easy), or a K32/B35 (slightly easier). A K28 retourne is actually very similar in size compared to a K25 retourne. And a B25 is actually not as useful as a B30. I'm 5'2 for reference.
Totally get this! When I got to look at the example in store, my SA was like "oh a b30 for sure is too heavy for you.", and said the 25 is right for me. They seem to agree the 25 is my perfect size for either b or k, it's just too bad that everything is so incredibly stiff competitively. I might ask straight up if it's unrealistic to ever expect with my rate of purchase, but talking directly about it tends not to be their favorite course and they tend to dismiss the idea of talking about the spend. They said they'd try their best to get me one for my birthday but that it might take longer, which was a few months ago, so it might be that it's impossible and I'm not being told, or they're trying their best. It's all so obfuscated.

Does anyone have an updated 2023 or 2024 spend threshold for a B25 in exotic leather (any exotic leather)? I looked through the search but only seeing stuff from '21 & '22. TIA!
1:1 should be plenty (assuming a size 25 or larger and not lizard). Exotics are difficult to sell so make sure your SA knows you are interested and it should be no problem.