Spend threshold for B/K/C

_kiki119_

Jun 14, 2020
This is exactly what my SA told me as well. I would of liked a b25 but I also like B30 as I have both in my collection. She told me a B30 in classic color will be faster/easier to get than a B25. She said a black b25 would be maybe in 2022.
I got offered a month after I opened up my request to B30 black as well. I am very happy with this combo as well!
That’s good to know about neutral color. Now i feel the door is cracked open and have a B this year, i will def be more specific with my specs next offer...

jenaywins

O.G.
Dec 27, 2009
This is such an interesting concept.

So, we know that the credit bureaus score utilizing an algorithm broken into categories, the weight on your score being a specific percentage: payment history (35%), amounts owed (30%), length of credit history (15%), new credit (10%) and credit mix (10%.)

Now, wouldn't it be fascinating to discover & crack the H algorithm in the vein of the bureaus' scoring? :lol:

WhiteBus

Nov 23, 2020
running a spreadsheet to track your spending for your own personal might be interesting
but of little or no value to other people to use as a quota bag acquisition guide
BECAUSE
there are no universal formulas that are applied to enable quota bag offers
and against which you can map you spending pattern

It is totally dependent upon where you are in the world and how you are perceived by the staff in the store where you shop.

The most concrete thing I have read on this forum is that in some Asian countries potential customers can be shown a bag and then told, 'You can buy this bag if you spend (then a figure is quoted).'
Nowhere else does it seem so blatant.
Elsewhere there can be hints and rumours, as outlined on here.
Comparing spreadsheets will leed to distorted expectations and disappointment.
The range of a spreadsheet will not show that you are a potential genuine customer, in the same way that when someone tries to win your favour in a CV by announcing they are passionate about something will not convince you of their sincerity.

Leileka

Dec 28, 2017
Honestly, from my personal experience, besides buying what you want, when you want, because you want it, if you really are into buying stuff in order to get that offer so much, the key is to find out not what you should buy, but what are they willing to sell at the time - what’s behind the company goals for that market at that time, I would say.

Selisa

Feb 19, 2021
I think for the folks on this thread who are into numbers/data, are organized, and find tracking their purchases helpful to keep their spending in check :wave:, the spreadsheet idea is genius. Just saying.

As far as spending thresholds go, I know a bunch of members located throughout the US have reported that it's anywhere from 0.4-1.5 (non-quota bag items) to 1 (the quota bag).... when it isn't a walk-in/"I had no purchase history!" scenario. So I'm going with that.

Side note: As much as I love the spreadsheets, I know if I saved something like that on my computer, my significant other will inevitably find it and flip out (even though it's my personal checking account). So I keep the running total in my head. :lol:

lilmermaid264

Nov 29, 2012
running a spreadsheet to track your spending for your own personal might be interesting
but of little or no value to other people to use as a quota bag acquisition guide
BECAUSE

It is totally dependent upon where you are in the world and how you are perceived by the staff in the store where you shop.

The most concrete thing I have read on this forum is that in some Asian countries potential customers can be shown a bag and then told, 'You can buy this bag if you spend (then a figure is quoted).'
The range of a spreadsheet will not show that you are a potential genuine customer, in the same way that when someone tries to win your favour in a CV by announcing they are passionate about something will not convince you of their sincerity.
You're absolutely correct. It's all varied. But fun to see where people are putting thier $$.

jenaywins

O.G.
Dec 27, 2009
BECAUSE
I am fairly sure that ladies here are just sharing their charts/spreadsheets in good fun, not to indicate that there is a concrete acquisition guide out there... :idea:

chrisjason94

Apr 13, 2019
Minneapolis
This is definitely all in good natured fun. Honestly, I love seeing these spread sheets / spend tracking report bc learning what other people love to buy at H is fascinating to me.
Someone might adore and buy a **** ton of SLGs but someone really might focus on RTW only!
If I had it my way, I’d honestly buy ALL the shoes :yahoo: But I do love silver jewelry / accessories so I gotta pick and choose hehe

duggi84

Feb 28, 2021
San Francisco, CA
BECAUSE

You're absolutely correct. It's all varied. But fun to see where people are putting thier $$.
I am fairly sure that ladies here are just sharing their charts/spreadsheets in good fun, not to indicate that there is a concrete acquisition guide out there... :idea:
Yes it all for fun.. and i agree with @WhiteBus. The whole quote bag ratio thing is really fluid
This is definitely all in good natured fun. Honestly, I love seeing these spread sheets / spend tracking report bc learning what other people love to buy at H is fascinating to me.
Someone might adore and buy a **** ton of SLGs but someone really might focus on RTW only!
If I had it my way, I’d honestly buy ALL the shoes :yahoo: But I do love silver jewelry / accessories so I gotta pick and choose hehe
Yes I shared all in good-natured fun. I stated previously that I believe many factors are clearly at play, and none are set in stone, and everyone's situation seems wildly different. And I agreee, it is fun to see how all of us are shopping differently around the stores!

jenaywins

O.G.
Dec 27, 2009
Yes I shared all in good-natured fun. I stated previously that I believe many factors are clearly at play, and none are set in stone, and everyone's situation seems wildly different. And I agreee, it is fun to see how all of us are shopping differently around the stores!
Yes - quite well said.

I remember walking into the Chicago store with my husband back in 2017, which is not my home store. I literally went in because frankly it was very cold out, and as it was summer, I was very under-dressed. :lol: I purchased a shawl to cover up with, hit it off with the SA and chatted a bit, and two days later she emailed me to offer a B25 Noir/GHW.

My personal belief? There are no rules.

TeeCee77

Nov 15, 2015
I’m in the “there are no rules” bucket. I try to assign rationale to it, but it just causes me to have expectations and to be disappointed. Honestly, my bags usually come during low-spend periods when I am just having fun. Case in point, I have had a very specific bag on my list. I spent a TON last year, including a cashmere coat in the fall. Nada. Nothing. Then, went by and spent 5 minutes picking up my blush and a lip balm and (<$300) and boom, offer in my exact specs. I have a great relationship with my SA and I am much happier when I just buy what I want and stop worrying about it. The offers always come.

xindi924

CC and LV... and finally H
May 11, 2013
USA
Location: USA. Just for sharing on “buy only what you like/love” . I only buy sandals (5 pairs) and RG jewelries (2rings, 1 bracelet) some slgs, twillys, objects. I think I’m like 2.5:1 ratio before I got my first offer, although I could have got something when it was 1:1, but I wanted to wait for the right one as close to my wishlist as possible.

Crapples

Feb 23, 2021
USA: purchased silks, shawls, fine and silver jewelry, home textiles and tabletop, sandals. I buy funky items not usually on the hotlist...I just like what I like. Asked for Constance my first appointment. Received it 3 months later. Received quota bag offer 2 months later. Constance: 0.55:1; Quota bag: 0.45:1. Offered three other hard to get items during the past 6 months.