Spend threshold for B/K/C

Crapples

Feb 23, 2021
Is there already a thread somewhere of "cool non-leather goods that you actually want to buy AND will gain brownie points toward that quota bag you want" that I can contribute to? I swear I see like 15-20 items a week on the global websites that would definitely fit in that category! :nuts:
I would love this. I don't pore over the site very often and would love more people to share their finds. I love the hermes dot com and post your web finds threads but often those are people posting coveted scores (mini lindy, evelyne, rodeos and oran nanos) not profile building stock that's generally available (and beautiful).

duggi84

Feb 28, 2021
San Francisco, CA
Although I think that is a nice idea, it would contribute to a contrived purchase profile which would ultimately feel unsatisfactory.
I could see that happening...but aren't people doing that anyway?

I would love this. I don't pore over the site very often and would love more people to share their finds. I love the hermes dot com and post your web finds threads but often those are people posting coveted scores (mini lindy, evelyne, rodeos and oran nanos) not profile building stock that's generally available (and beautiful).
This was more the intent on my original post. There's lots of really nice and cool things that Hermes makes, and it'd be nice to contribute to a thread of the less-than-obvious items that one might actually buy and enjoy. Personally I only buy what I REALLY like and in searching for what I like, I sometimes see things and think, "that's really nice...not for me, but I bet someone would like it," and then I post it to the h.com or web shopping thread :nuts:

Crapples

Feb 23, 2021

This was more the intent on my original post. There's lots of really nice and cool things that Hermes makes, and it'd be nice to contribute to a thread of the less-than-obvious items that one might actually buy and enjoy. Personally I only buy what I REALLY like and in searching for what I like, I sometimes see things and think, "that's really nice...not for me, but I bet someone would like it," and then I post it to the h.com or web shopping thread :nuts:
I'm so with you. I have brides de gala and couverter nouvelles pillows and blankets. I love them for the design. Probably no one bought them ever but they're mine!

Nov 25, 2018

I seriously love Hermes 100% cashmere blankets and have five of them. I have one on every sofa and have one on my lap as I type this! Totally recommend them and since they are home goods, I guess they help your profile.

WhiteBus

Nov 23, 2020
unrelated question to my last comment: is it the general consensus that there's a spend threshold or a spend ratio one has to meet?
Yes. The maintaining a Hermes relationship thread on this site is fuelled by this notion.

BUT . . . there is a lot of evidence on this site to call that consensus into question.

The threshold level is undefined
Meeting the (undefined) threshold level does not ensure purchasing opportunities
Purchasing opportunities occur without prior spending to any level approaching the mercurial threshold level

_kiki119_

Jun 14, 2020
After reading and studying all the informative threads on PF, I see there are many theories on the spending threshold, i feel it really varies with your store, your relatshionship with SA and your BCK specs.

Since my H journey is still pretty fresh and I just got my 1st offer last week, my spend is about 0.8: 1 in non-bags categories (Aloha sandals, oran, 4 twillys, (2) 90 silk, (1) 45 silk, 2 RTW pieces), but with bags I am about 1.5:1 ratio.

corgimom11

Oct 5, 2017
I spent a lot of time last year attempting to analyze this "spend threshhold" and/or "spend ratio." I gave up. I don't believe there is a true one and you should just shop and buy what you want, when you want.

I say this as someone who was 6:1 on their profile if you were to really do some rough math since I took my last quota bag back in June of last year. I was, however, offered a SO back in September and somehow it already came in so I'm assuming that's more like 5:1 now. I am sitting and waiting just like many of you. Have I had a couple of offers, yes -- but not anything to exact specification to my wishlist yet. I'm asking for quite frankly, unicorn type bags so I am not surprised with the wait (K20 / K25 sellier) combined w/ the fact I only take PHW and my color choices are pretty limited, so yeah. I'm picky and I realize that.

And no, I'm not spending mindlessly to get quotas to appear. I'm buying what I want, when I want it. I am just an H fiend so I like everything it seems, and I do buy across the store (shoes, a little bit of RTW, lot of home goods, fine jewelry, silks).

Last edited:

_kiki119_

Jun 14, 2020
And no, I'm not spending mindlessly to get quotas to appear. I'm buying what I want, when I want it. I am just an H fiend so I like everything it seems, and I do buy across the store (shoes, a little bit of RTW, lot of home goods, fine jewelry, silks).
yes this! at the end I have been buying what I love and will use... of course, I had the idea of building my profile for a BK in mind, and I would NOT have thought about buying RTW if not for building my profile. But I am really happy with what I bought and glad that I was able to explore across the categories. Be true to your wallet and dont overspend and put your personal finance at risk just to get an offer IMO.

Last edited:

duggi84

Feb 28, 2021
San Francisco, CA
I do think it's a combination of a lot of things, as many have said, things like:
  • how much you spend and which departments you spend it in,
  • your particular store's customer vs. stock situation (like I hear SF is a bit easier...maybe being a large flagship helps),
  • your relationship with your SA,
  • buying stuff you'll use, and then wearing it in the store when you visit (our SA and other store staff LOVE this),
  • if you bring in new customers (I think this is actually kind of helpful...my husband has brought in a number of friends)

For those reading this thread and are desperate for some actual data (LOL not that it seems to be useful), I track my spend in a spreadsheet...and my current balance (percentages, not sharing dollars LMAO) are as follows:

• Bags & Bag Accessories -- 55% (4 items: one non-quota bag, three straps)
  • Petit-H -- 13% (3 items)
  • Equestrian -- 12% (2 items)
  • Silks/Scarves -- 8% (6 items)
  • RTW/Shoes/Fashion Jewelry -- 7% (4 items)
  • Fine Jewelry -- 5% (1 item)
  • Housewares -- 0%
  • Small Leather Goods -- 0%

My spending habits are completely around what I actually like and will enjoy and use and I haven't purchased a single thing that I'm not in love with, or purchased anything for the sake of an "investment." I've had four offers, but unfortunately yet to accept my first (I'm really struggling to even know what I want, our poor SA is trying so hard), but think my non-bag/bag-accessory spend ratio to the bag I was first offered was actually somewhere like 0.3:1, as at that point I'd ordered the Nedji boots to try on, but they hadn't arrived yet. In my case, I think the biggest influence for me getting an offer is that my husband seems to be a VIP at the store :lol: Not sure if that's true, but it's the only story that makes sense in my head. He's good at getting on the good-side at luxury stores:cool: