Spend threshold for B/K/C

I could see that happening...but aren't people doing that anyway?

This was more the intent on my original post. There's lots of really nice and cool things that Hermes makes, and it'd be nice to contribute to a thread of the less-than-obvious items that one might actually buy and enjoy. Personally I only buy what I REALLY like and in searching for what I like, I sometimes see things and think, "that's really nice...not for me, but I bet someone would like it," and then I post it to the h.com or web shopping thread :nuts:
I'm so with you. I have brides de gala and couverter nouvelles pillows and blankets. I love them for the design. Probably no one bought them ever but they're mine!

I could see that happening...but aren't people doing that anyway?

This was more the intent on my original post. There's lots of really nice and cool things that Hermes makes, and it'd be nice to contribute to a thread of the less-than-obvious items that one might actually buy and enjoy. Personally I only buy what I REALLY like and in searching for what I like, I sometimes see things and think, "that's really nice...not for me, but I bet someone would like it," and then I post it to the h.com or web shopping thread :nuts:
I seriously love Hermes 100% cashmere blankets and have five of them. I have one on every sofa and have one on my lap as I type this! Totally recommend them and since they are home goods, I guess they help your profile.

unrelated question to my last comment: is it the general consensus that there's a spend threshold or a spend ratio one has to meet?

Yes. The maintaining a Hermes relationship thread on this site is fuelled by this notion.

BUT . . . there is a lot of evidence on this site to call that consensus into question.

The threshold level is undefined
Meeting the (undefined) threshold level does not ensure purchasing opportunities
Purchasing opportunities occur without prior spending to any level approaching the mercurial threshold level

After reading and studying all the informative threads on PF, I see there are many theories on the spending threshold, i feel it really varies with your store, your relatshionship with SA and your BCK specs.

Since my H journey is still pretty fresh and I just got my 1st offer last week, my spend is about 0.8: 1 in non-bags categories (Aloha sandals, oran, 4 twillys, (2) 90 silk, (1) 45 silk, 2 RTW pieces), but with bags I am about 1.5:1 ratio.

I spent a lot of time last year attempting to analyze this "spend threshhold" and/or "spend ratio." I gave up. I don't believe there is a true one and you should just shop and buy what you want, when you want.

I say this as someone who was 6:1 on their profile if you were to really do some rough math since I took my last quota bag back in June of last year. I was, however, offered a SO back in September and somehow it already came in so I'm assuming that's more like 5:1 now. I am sitting and waiting just like many of you. Have I had a couple of offers, yes -- but not anything to exact specification to my wishlist yet. I'm asking for quite frankly, unicorn type bags so I am not surprised with the wait (K20 / K25 sellier) combined w/ the fact I only take PHW and my color choices are pretty limited, so yeah. I'm picky and I realize that.

And no, I'm not spending mindlessly to get quotas to appear. I'm buying what I want, when I want it. I am just an H fiend so I like everything it seems, and I do buy across the store (shoes, a little bit of RTW, lot of home goods, fine jewelry, silks).

Last edited:
And no, I'm not spending mindlessly to get quotas to appear. I'm buying what I want, when I want it. I am just an H fiend so I like everything it seems, and I do buy across the store (shoes, a little bit of RTW, lot of home goods, fine jewelry, silks).

yes this! at the end I have been buying what I love and will use... of course, I had the idea of building my profile for a BK in mind, and I would NOT have thought about buying RTW if not for building my profile. But I am really happy with what I bought and glad that I was able to explore across the categories. Be true to your wallet and dont overspend and put your personal finance at risk just to get an offer IMO.

Last edited:

Wow, I am beyond impressed. Sure beats my method of any type of financial calculations/data keeping, which is basically keeping a mental note of what goes in and what goes out. That's how I "balanced" my checkbook in my 20's. My DH, who is a total data junkie, meanwhile cringes. :lol:

Last edited:
I also have tracked my spend! I started my H journey in January of 2021.

Please see the following for the brake out by category, # of items , % of total $spent, and adjusted w/o constance. I was offered a c back in Feb and happily accepted.

Still waiting for an offer of a b or k. I would love to see more if any of you are willing to share your spend!

Adj w/o C
Catagory#Items% of $% of $
RTW/Shoes818%24%
Scarves/Silks1423%32%
SLGS410%13%
Bags343%20%
fashion/jewelry38%10%