Spend threshold for B/K/C

lilmermaid264

Nov 29, 2012
I also have tracked my spend! I started my H journey in January of 2021.

Please see the following for the brake out by category, # of items , % of total $spent, and adjusted w/o constance. I was offered a c back in Feb and happily accepted.

Still waiting for an offer of a b or k. I would love to see more if any of you are willing to share your spend!

Adj w/o C
Catagory#Items% of $% of $
RTW/Shoes818%24%
Scarves/Silks1423%32%
SLGS410%13%
Bags343%20%
fashion/jewelry38%10%

Chrismin

Apr 18, 2020
i have any idea of what ive spent/ am spending but I dont think i want to see the hard number! nothing good would come from it !

Wow, I am beyond impressed. Sure beats my method of any type of financial calculations/data keeping, which is basically keeping a mental note of what goes in and what goes out. That's how I "balanced" my checkbook in my 20's. My DH, who is a total data junkie, meanwhile cringes. :lol:

duggi84

Feb 28, 2021
San Francisco, CA
I don't want to know either. It might stop me from buying everything I love.
Plus, I firmly believe (and in my experience) none of that matters as there are no real rules.
I just think it's interesting. Honestly I'll only spend what I can afford anyway, so looking at the final number doesn't do anything to scare me. I'd find another way to spend the money if I wasn't shopping at H...tbh.

And yes, there are no real rules...I think everyones' experiences here have proven that!

ckdbwlswpsl

Nov 19, 2011
i love all the chart! since I just been offered a B30, so I am just gonna creating $ spent here to give a realistic spend ratio for my H journey since Oct 2020..

gosh Hermes got all my $$$ and thanks goodness I rehome a few Chanels for some H lol
View attachment 5062857
May I ask the timeline? I'm a little bit shy of your spend, so was just curious. Was the B30 the specs on your wishlist?

Reactions: duggi84

_kiki119_

Jun 14, 2020
May I ask the timeline? I'm a little bit shy of your spend, so was just curious. Was the B30 the specs on your wishlist?
my first visit with her was Oct 2020, then I took a break until Jan 2021... and I was offered last weekend.
My SA was honest with me when I requested a B25 by telling me that it's hard to get. Then after some thinking I told her I was open to B30/K28or32 due to my frame (25 is really too small for me lol)

my wishlist is pretty flexible, I told her I prefer K Sellier if I could picky, and color wise i just told her which color i wasn't interested in. Of course, my next one will be a little bit more specific on the style :smile:

additionally, my SA knows I am flying to see her next month, so i am sure that's also one of the factor that she offered :smile:

Last edited:

ckdbwlswpsl

Nov 19, 2011
my first visit with her was Oct 2020, then I took a break until Jan 2021... and I was offered last weekend.
My SA was honest with me when I requested a B25 by telling me that it's hard to get. Then after some thinking I told her I was open to B30/K28or32 due to my frame (25 is really too small for me lol)

my wishlist is pretty flexible, I told her I prefer K Sellier if I could picky, and color wise i just told her which color i wasn't interested in. Of course, my next one will be a little bit more specific on the style :smile:

additionally, my SA knows I am flying to see her next month, so i am sure that's also one of the factor that she offered :smile:
Thanks so much!

Jan 31, 2007
I spent a lot of time last year attempting to analyze this "spend threshhold" and/or "spend ratio." I gave up. I don't believe there is a true one and you should just shop and buy what you want, when you want.

I say this as someone who was 6:1 on their profile if you were to really do some rough math since I took my last quota bag back in June of last year. I was, however, offered a SO back in September and somehow it already came in so I'm assuming that's more like 5:1 now. I am sitting and waiting just like many of you. Have I had a couple of offers, yes -- but not anything to exact specification to my wishlist yet. I'm asking for quite frankly, unicorn type bags so I am not surprised with the wait (K20 / K25 sellier) combined w/ the fact I only take PHW and my color choices are pretty limited, so yeah. I'm picky and I realize that.

And no, I'm not spending mindlessly to get quotas to appear. I'm buying what I want, when I want it. I am just an H fiend so I like everything it seems, and I do buy across the store (shoes, a little bit of RTW, lot of home goods, fine jewelry, silks).
I am in a similar situation right now and I can totally relate. It does upset me sometimes when I think about my 6:1 ratio spending and have yet to offered a bag that I really want. I know that I’m getting picky but for the amount that I’ve spent (across the category not including bags) I think I’m allowed to be picky. Maybe if i get a full croc bag I can look at the spending ratio as close to 1.5:1 :biggrin:

Last edited:

blisskimmie

Mar 13, 2012

This is exactly what my SA told me as well. I would of liked a b25 but I also like B30 as I have both in my collection. She told me a B30 in classic color will be faster/easier to get than a B25. She said a black b25 would be maybe in 2022.
I got offered a month after I opened up my request to B30 black as well. I am very happy with this combo as well!

• Love
Reactions: _kiki119_