Spend threshold for B/K/C

i have any idea of what ive spent/ am spending but I dont think i want to see the hard number! nothing good would come from it !

Wow, I am beyond impressed. Sure beats my method of any type of financial calculations/data keeping, which is basically keeping a mental note of what goes in and what goes out. That's how I "balanced" my checkbook in my 20's. My DH, who is a total data junkie, meanwhile cringes. :lol:

i love all the chart! since I just been offered a B30, so I am just gonna creating $ spent here to give a realistic spend ratio for my H journey since Oct 2020..

gosh Hermes got all my $$$ and thanks goodness I rehome a few Chanels for some H lol
View attachment 5062857
May I ask the timeline? I'm a little bit shy of your spend, so was just curious. Was the B30 the specs on your wishlist?

Reactions: duggi84
May I ask the timeline? I'm a little bit shy of your spend, so was just curious. Was the B30 the specs on your wishlist?

my first visit with her was Oct 2020, then I took a break until Jan 2021... and I was offered last weekend.
My SA was honest with me when I requested a B25 by telling me that it's hard to get. Then after some thinking I told her I was open to B30/K28or32 due to my frame (25 is really too small for me lol)

my wishlist is pretty flexible, I told her I prefer K Sellier if I could picky, and color wise i just told her which color i wasn't interested in. Of course, my next one will be a little bit more specific on the style :smile:

additionally, my SA knows I am flying to see her next month, so i am sure that's also one of the factor that she offered :smile:

Last edited:
my first visit with her was Oct 2020, then I took a break until Jan 2021... and I was offered last weekend.
My SA was honest with me when I requested a B25 by telling me that it's hard to get. Then after some thinking I told her I was open to B30/K28or32 due to my frame (25 is really too small for me lol)

my wishlist is pretty flexible, I told her I prefer K Sellier if I could picky, and color wise i just told her which color i wasn't interested in. Of course, my next one will be a little bit more specific on the style :smile:

additionally, my SA knows I am flying to see her next month, so i am sure that's also one of the factor that she offered :smile:
Thanks so much!

I spent a lot of time last year attempting to analyze this "spend threshhold" and/or "spend ratio." I gave up. I don't believe there is a true one and you should just shop and buy what you want, when you want.

I say this as someone who was 6:1 on their profile if you were to really do some rough math since I took my last quota bag back in June of last year. I was, however, offered a SO back in September and somehow it already came in so I'm assuming that's more like 5:1 now. I am sitting and waiting just like many of you. Have I had a couple of offers, yes -- but not anything to exact specification to my wishlist yet. I'm asking for quite frankly, unicorn type bags so I am not surprised with the wait (K20 / K25 sellier) combined w/ the fact I only take PHW and my color choices are pretty limited, so yeah. I'm picky and I realize that.

And no, I'm not spending mindlessly to get quotas to appear. I'm buying what I want, when I want it. I am just an H fiend so I like everything it seems, and I do buy across the store (shoes, a little bit of RTW, lot of home goods, fine jewelry, silks).

I am in a similar situation right now and I can totally relate. It does upset me sometimes when I think about my 6:1 ratio spending and have yet to offered a bag that I really want. I know that I’m getting picky but for the amount that I’ve spent (across the category not including bags) I think I’m allowed to be picky. Maybe if i get a full croc bag I can look at the spending ratio as close to 1.5:1 :biggrin:

Last edited:

This is exactly what my SA told me as well. I would of liked a b25 but I also like B30 as I have both in my collection. She told me a B30 in classic color will be faster/easier to get than a B25. She said a black b25 would be maybe in 2022.
I got offered a month after I opened up my request to B30 black as well. I am very happy with this combo as well!

This is exactly what my SA told me as well. I would of liked a b25 but I also like B30 as I have both in my collection. She told me a B30 in classic color will be faster/easier to get than a B25. She said a black b25 would be maybe in 2022.
I got offered a month after I opened up my request to B30 black as well. I am very happy with this combo as well!
That’s good to know about neutral color. Now i feel the door is cracked open and have a B this year, i will def be more specific with my specs next offer...

Reactions: Bereal

This is such an interesting concept.

So, we know that the credit bureaus score utilizing an algorithm broken into categories, the weight on your score being a specific percentage: payment history (35%), amounts owed (30%), length of credit history (15%), new credit (10%) and credit mix (10%.)

Now, wouldn't it be fascinating to discover & crack the H algorithm in the vein of the bureaus' scoring? :lol:

running a spreadsheet to track your spending for your own personal might be interesting
but of little or no value to other people to use as a quota bag acquisition guide
BECAUSE
there are no universal formulas that are applied to enable quota bag offers
and against which you can map you spending pattern

It is totally dependent upon where you are in the world and how you are perceived by the staff in the store where you shop.

The most concrete thing I have read on this forum is that in some Asian countries potential customers can be shown a bag and then told, 'You can buy this bag if you spend (then a figure is quoted).'
Nowhere else does it seem so blatant.
Elsewhere there can be hints and rumours, as outlined on here.
Comparing spreadsheets will leed to distorted expectations and disappointment.
The range of a spreadsheet will not show that you are a potential genuine customer, in the same way that when someone tries to win your favour in a CV by announcing they are passionate about something will not convince you of their sincerity.

I think for the folks on this thread who are into numbers/data, are organized, and find tracking their purchases helpful to keep their spending in check :wave:, the spreadsheet idea is genius. Just saying.

As far as spending thresholds go, I know a bunch of members located throughout the US have reported that it's anywhere from 0.4-1.5 (non-quota bag items) to 1 (the quota bag).... when it isn't a walk-in/"I had no purchase history!" scenario. So I'm going with that.

Side note: As much as I love the spreadsheets, I know if I saved something like that on my computer, my significant other will inevitably find it and flip out (even though it's my personal checking account). So I keep the running total in my head. :lol:

running a spreadsheet to track your spending for your own personal might be interesting
but of little or no value to other people to use as a quota bag acquisition guide
BECAUSE
there are no universal formulas that are applied to enable quota bag offers
and against which you can map you spending pattern

It is totally dependent upon where you are in the world and how you are perceived by the staff in the store where you shop.

The most concrete thing I have read on this forum is that in some Asian countries potential customers can be shown a bag and then told, 'You can buy this bag if you spend (then a figure is quoted).'
Nowhere else does it seem so blatant.
Elsewhere there can be hints and rumours, as outlined on here.
Comparing spreadsheets will leed to distorted expectations and disappointment.
The range of a spreadsheet will not show that you are a potential genuine customer, in the same way that when someone tries to win your favour in a CV by announcing they are passionate about something will not convince you of their sincerity.

You're absolutely correct. It's all varied. But fun to see where people are putting thier $$.