Spend threshold for B/K/C

running a spreadsheet to track your spending for your own personal might be interesting
but of little or no value to other people to use as a quota bag acquisition guide
BECAUSE
there are no universal formulas that are applied to enable quota bag offers

I am fairly sure that ladies here are just sharing their charts/spreadsheets in good fun, not to indicate that there is a concrete acquisition guide out there... :idea:

This is definitely all in good natured fun. Honestly, I love seeing these spread sheets / spend tracking report bc learning what other people love to buy at H is fascinating to me.
Someone might adore and buy a **** ton of SLGs but someone really might focus on RTW only!
If I had it my way, I’d honestly buy ALL the shoes :yahoo: But I do love silver jewelry / accessories so I gotta pick and choose hehe

Yes I shared all in good-natured fun. I stated previously that I believe many factors are clearly at play, and none are set in stone, and everyone's situation seems wildly different. And I agreee, it is fun to see how all of us are shopping differently around the stores!

Yes - quite well said.

I remember walking into the Chicago store with my husband back in 2017, which is not my home store. I literally went in because frankly it was very cold out, and as it was summer, I was very under-dressed. :lol: I purchased a shawl to cover up with, hit it off with the SA and chatted a bit, and two days later she emailed me to offer a B25 Noir/GHW.

My personal belief? There are no rules.

I’m in the “there are no rules” bucket. I try to assign rationale to it, but it just causes me to have expectations and to be disappointed. Honestly, my bags usually come during low-spend periods when I am just having fun. Case in point, I have had a very specific bag on my list. I spent a TON last year, including a cashmere coat in the fall. Nada. Nothing. Then, went by and spent 5 minutes picking up my blush and a lip balm and (<$300) and boom, offer in my exact specs. I have a great relationship with my SA and I am much happier when I just buy what I want and stop worrying about it. The offers always come.

Location: USA. Just for sharing on “buy only what you like/love” . I only buy sandals (5 pairs) and RG jewelries (2rings, 1 bracelet) some slgs, twillys, objects. I think I’m like 2.5:1 ratio before I got my first offer, although I could have got something when it was 1:1, but I wanted to wait for the right one as close to my wishlist as possible.

USA: purchased silks, shawls, fine and silver jewelry, home textiles and tabletop, sandals. I buy funky items not usually on the hotlist...I just like what I like. Asked for Constance my first appointment. Received it 3 months later. Received quota bag offer 2 months later. Constance: 0.55:1; Quota bag: 0.45:1. Offered three other hard to get items during the past 6 months.

In my home country equestrian is probably the top category that counts towards your quota bag. Ordering a saddle (which to be honest is priced very reasonably for the quality and service) and other equestrian items almost automatically makes you a very special client. After goes furniture (extremely expensive) and homeware. Not sure about the exact number you have to spend though as I live in a different country now and shop here. I guess regularity also matters.

In my home country equestrian is probably the top category that counts towards your quota bag. Ordering a saddle (which to be honest is priced very reasonably for the quality and service) and other equestrian items almost automatically makes you a very special client. After goes furniture (extremely expensive) and homeware. Not sure about the exact number you have to spend though as I live in a different country now and shop here. I guess regularity also matters.

Yes, it's what you buy and how committed you are, rather than how much.

Reactions: rkys12 and Bereal
Hi everyone - I'm curious to hear more about experiences after you get your first quota bag.

I've been shopping at my home store with my SA (the first SA I was paired with) since 2019, so it's been 2 years. I was offered my first quota bag in early 2020 and I'm so grateful for it. A couple months later, I made a big purchase in fine jewelry ($8K) and was surprised with a C18, which I took home. Since then, I've spent another ~$8K not including leather purchases (~$3K) and have yet to receive my 2nd quota bag.

I've spent ~15K since my first offer which was over a year ago, not including leather good purchases and I've definitely hinted/joked politely about my wishlist items. I'd love to get another one this year (fingers crossed) and I'm just curious to hear other member's experiences. Do most established clients easily get 2 quota bags per year or is 1 quota bag a year more of the norm? Is it typically harder or easier to get subsequent offers after your first offer?

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone - I'm curious to hear more about experiences after you get your first quota bag.

I've been shopping at my home store with my SA (the first SA I was paired with) since 2019, so it's been 2 years. I was offered my first quota bag in early 2020 and I'm so grateful for it. A couple months later, I made a big purchase in fine jewelry ($8K) and was surprised with a C18, which I took home. Since then, I've spent another ~$8K not including leather purchases (~$3K) and have yet to receive my 2nd quota bag.

I've spent ~15K since my first offer which was over a year ago, not including leather good purchases and I've definitely hinted/joked politely about my wishlist items. I'd love to get another one this year (fingers crossed) and I'm just curious to hear other member's experiences. Do most established clients easily get 2 quota bags per year or is 1 quota bag a year more of the norm? Is it typically harder or easier to get subsequent offers after your first offer?

Thanks in advance!

I think it really depends on what you're after... For example are you after a B30 and flexible on colour / hardware? Or are you after a B25 in a specific colour?

I was offered my 2nd quota bag with a lower spend than you but didn't get the opportunity to pick up a C18 along the way and was not after the most popular combination (I don't keep track of exact amounts or else I'd stop shopping at H!) I got both within 6 months.

Please let us know what's on your wishlist xx

Reactions: Bereal
I think it really depends on what you're after... For example are you after a B30 and flexible on colour / hardware? Or are you after a B25 in a specific colour?

I was offered my 2nd quota bag with a lower spend than you but didn't get the opportunity to pick up a C18 along the way and was not after the most popular combination (I don't keep track of exact amounts or else I'd stop shopping at H!) I got both within 6 months.

Please let us know what's on your wishlist xx

Thanks for sharing! Super helpful. I've always been pretty specific with my wishlists and I'm looking for a B25 / K25 as my next bag. That said, I did tell my SA that I'm open to K28 but I prefer the smaller size. I am quite petite (5'3") and tend not to carry much in my handbags. My first quota bag is a classic Noir B30 GHW (I love it) but I want a smaller size for my next bag so I can use it more frequently.

Here's my current wish list -- also told my SA that I'm flexible on hardware

Birkin 25
  1. Gold GHW
  2. Malachite GHW
  3. Etoupe GHW
  4. Etain RGHW
Kelly 25 (also open to K28)
  1. Vert Amande GHW
  2. Noir PHW
  3. Craie GHW

Reactions: Bereal