Speedy Monogram or speedy damier?

As soon as the damier becomes a part of the regular line I'd say damier just because it's more user friendly. That vachetta can be a pain. The damier speedys have been special order up till now and cost 30% more than a regular speedy. They should be releasing them soon. I'm at the top of the list so I'll let everyone know when I get mine. V

I'd advise the Speedy Damier (Vachetta worry-free!) but I presonally don't find the speedy in damier nice. :shame: *DOn't hit me!*

How about something else in Damier like the Papillon 30? I bought the Belem but my girlfriends say I look like I'm carrying a soccerball all over the place... :suspiciou

Don't make the same mistake. :cry:

its just personal preference...I my self am not a big fan of the damier. I love the monogram. but thats just me...ask youself this....if you had both....which one would you use more?? then get that one. which design do you like the best>?

I'd say Damier speedy! Then again I will consider it myself once it comes out.
Weirdly enough, other Damier bags don't appeal to me so much. I like smaller Damier items though.
All this to say I'm thinking of the Damier speedy but I'm scared that it could be because of the hype and then once I have it I'll get bored of it... :weird:

i say get both. i dunno. i think the damier speedy is very unique and you don't have to worry about the vachetta but it also does look more dressy than the mono. you could wear one to work and the other when you're out doing errands. :biggrin:

the ribera is very cute. is it too big? is the mini ribera a better size?

i'm new to this thread and having doubts on my new speedy 30 monogram because of the vaccheta issue. the problem is i recently bought a dark chocolate gucci tote. by getting the damier i'll have 2 chocolate bags and that's just not practical for me. i like bags of different colors (i own a cream patent leather burberry shoulder bag). i'm looking for a black speedy and eyed on speedy 30 mini lin. what do you guys think?

Have you tried on the 25 in the store? Just want to make sure you know the sizing, as most(not all ) people prefer the size of the 30.
When it comes to the print, both are great, but it just depends on your personal preferance. If you want something worry free, I would go with the damier. If you want something classic that says LV(it is your first LV afterall) I would vote for the mono.
Goodluck in whatever you decide, you really can not go wrong!

i'm new to this thread and having doubts on my new speedy 30 monogram because of the vaccheta issue. the problem is i recently bought a dark chocolate gucci tote. by getting the damier i'll have 2 chocolate bags and that's just not practical for me. i like bags of different colors (i own a cream patent leather burberry shoulder bag). i'm looking for a black speedy and eyed on speedy 30 mini lin. what do you guys think?

if you want a black speedy, there's the speedy cube which also costs a lot more. i prefer the mini lin but i read that the material may be a pain to take care off (not sure though because i've never had one). have you thought about the damier in azur? you'd still have to take care of the vachetta but it'd be a nice contrast from your gucci tote.

Monogram is fun. But why not go all out and get a Roses Speedy! hehe. If that appeals to you then you should get it since it's a limited edition piece. But the trusy old Mono Speedy is always LVoely! Fab!