Speedy Monogram or speedy damier?

why would we laugh?! :biggrin: I don't have one either..and it's alll good :biggrin:

luluandmelsmom said:
Don't laugh you guys but I don't have either one, so I definitly wouldn't know what to tell you, but I am in love with that perforated speedy. It's more youthful if anything.

I think the speedy is great in all it's different materials. I own a monogram 25 but I would love to get a damier one and an epi one. It's just such a classic shape. If I had to choose all over again between the mono and the damier I might have got the damier just cause it's not as common. Although if this board reflects how everyone else feels about the damier speedy, and I have a feeling it does, the damier speedy is about to become very common.

I think the Damier looks a bit more formal. If you're usually wearing jeans and other form of casual attire, I'd say monogram. I like Damier b/c it's more understated, but it's not as flexible. I personally wouldn't take into consideration how many of either one is out there. B/c I'm sure the moment these Damier speedys get released into the market, there is going to be fakes galore of Damier Speedy spreading faster than virus. All these people have to do is just change the color pattern and everything else is pretty much the same compared to the monogram canvas. The fact that the pattern is more simple might make it easier for them. I've already seen some high quality fakes of Damier patterns left and right in Asia from couple of years ago. It's scary. :sad2:

Munchkyn, I bought the mono Speedy 25. I loved it until I saw a pic of the Damier Speedy. I returned the mono because of the patina. You don't have to worry about the patina with the damier. I figure since it is a hand-held bag, the patina on the handles may be uneven and get darker than other parts with leather as shown below. Pic courtesy of ebay.

54_1.JPG

With the damier it is one solid chocolate color.

baglady said:
Munchkyn, I bought the mono Speedy 25. I loved it until I saw a pic of the Damier Speedy. I returned the mono because of the patina. You don't have to worry about the patina with the damier. I figure since it is a hand-held bag, the patina on the handles may be uneven and get darker than other parts with leather as shown below. Pic courtesy of ebay.

With the damier it is one solid chocolate color.

Would a monogram canvas look weird with the Damier leather trim? Just wondering here...don't anyone freak out on me. :P

I would think that they are approximately the same price? Try doing a thread search, I think people have posted conflicting reports of the new Damier speedy price.

I'd say get the Damier if you can. I'd wear it with sweats if I were you (then again I wear everything with sweats). The handles are a much nicer color.
The monogram is its own statement, though. Maybe you should hold off til your boutique has both and then go try them on.