Speedy b owners..

Jinlikesfood

Dec 24, 2017
did the stripes on the side of your bags ever get wrinkled? Or did it stay smooth. I just received a new speedy b and one side has the wrinkling which I don’t mind but I’m wondering if it’s going to get worse which would suck.

Attachments

• 46559472-6AED-42E5-937A-70337F80276F.jpeg
    46559472-6AED-42E5-937A-70337F80276F.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 1,521
Reactions: liltokix
My Mono B30 had wrinkling so I exchanged it. If you can, you should exchange it because it could be an issue stemming from how it was sewn. It won't get any better and may ruin your love for the bag. Just my 2 cents.
Yes I just returned my mono Speedy B30 since the side leather was wrinkly. My Speedy B 25 doesn't have that.

Reactions: Jinlikesfood
Hi, im glad you started a thread on this issue. I bought my speedyb25 last year, use it probably only a couple of times a month. I recently started noticing the sides of the leather as well as the leather strap wrinkling. Brought it up to the attention of a CA at the store and she said it was a regular wear and tear, and i tried to not let it bother me.. but im really scares its going to worsen over time..20190323_211837.jpg
What do u guys think? Any input is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 20190323_211956.jpg
    20190323_211956.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 1,371
Hi, im glad you started a thread on this issue. I bought my speedyb25 last year, use it probably only a couple of times a month. I recently started noticing the sides of the leather as well as the leather strap wrinkling. Brought it up to the attention of a CA at the store and she said it was a regular wear and tear, and i tried to not let it bother me.. but im really scares its going to worsen over time..View attachment 4381798
After 1 year of use, leather that’s normal wrinkling. Leather wrinkles over time, it’s a normal characteristic of leather. Plus, yours doing it in areas of stress points.

Hi, im glad you started a thread on this issue. I bought my speedyb25 last year, use it probably only a couple of times a month. I recently started noticing the sides of the leather as well as the leather strap wrinkling. Brought it up to the attention of a CA at the store and she said it was a regular wear and tear, and i tried to not let it bother me.. but im really scares its going to worsen over time..View attachment 4381798
It is normal wear and tear so of course it will worsen over time.

My
My strap, after over a year of almost constant use has some wrinkling, but mostly on the underside. I have one crease by a buckle, but it doesn't bother me as I consider it expected. Though if it ever completely cracks, I will bring it in!

You know what I did notice early on, and it used to bother me more: my canvas has puckered near the piping on all sides. I suspect it's how/what I carry? Have a samorga oranizer inside. I'd be interested to know if others experienced this. The top pic here is the side that faces the outside when I wear crossbody and has the most pronounced pinch.View attachment 4381852

Attachments

• 0323192105b.jpg
    0323192105b.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 1,294
  • 0323192105a.jpg
    0323192105a.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 1,289
Last edited:
Reactions: tasjaa
You know what I did notice early on, and it used to bother me more: my canvas has puckered near the piping on all sides. I suspect it's how/what I carry? Have a samorga oranizer inside. I'd be interested to know if others experienced this. The top pic here is the sidthat faces the outside when I wear crossbody and has the most pronounced pinch.View attachment 4381852
I have a Samorga in mine and don’t have this.

If you search, you will find the DE bags have gone through some sort of change to its leather (January 2019 made bags) trying to combat the wrinkly and possible cracking and has become much duller. Some people say it's less treatment so it's better and more comfortable, some people say it's feels rubbery.
Depending on when you purchased your original, you might get to choose between old and new. Would love to hear what you end up with.

Btw: the wrinkles are normal bc it's leather but it was probably like that from the store. I've seen so many like that in the boutique even the mono bags.

If you search, you will find the DE bags have gone through some sort of change to its leather (January 2019 made bags) trying to combat the wrinkly and possible cracking and has become much duller. Some people say it's less treatment so it's better and more comfortable, some people say it's feels rubbery.
Depending on when you purchased your original, you might get to choose between old and new. Would love to hear what you end up with.

Btw: the wrinkles are normal bc it's leather but it was probably like that from the store. I've seen so many like that in the boutique even the mono bags.

It was absolutely like that from the store I didn’t even get to put my things in it when I saw that. I think it’s a newer model since it’s leather compared to my Alma bb in de is very matte