Speedy b owners..

I bought one recently too and I found the new matte leather ones had more wrinkling on the underside but the advisors said it’s only at the start and it won’t get worse with use. I think I preferred the slightly more glossy look too compared to the matte one but again I’m sure the changes were introduced for the better. Do you think it’s just the handles and strap that changed or canvas too? I can see the old ones being slightly more darker but I asked my few others and they said it all looks the same.
I didn’t notice it on the canvases.

Hi, I would love to hear how your straps are wearing please over time? I posted on another thread but I’ll just mention here too, the bag I bought around three weeks ago I have only worn it three times or so for brief periods. I found tarnishing in hardware already and wrinkling to strap or beginning to wrinkle. How did yours wear? Interested to know, appreciate your input.

Attachments

• 131CCCE9-008F-4933-AAC8-68525B8D5DAA.jpeg
    131CCCE9-008F-4933-AAC8-68525B8D5DAA.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 579
  • 750DACC3-D36F-49E5-9540-5262ED8AB671.jpeg
    750DACC3-D36F-49E5-9540-5262ED8AB671.jpeg
    253.9 KB · Views: 584
  • DD91D792-7020-4623-850D-CA4A82BD4945.jpeg
    DD91D792-7020-4623-850D-CA4A82BD4945.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 586
  • 3AF3A066-7329-4C85-86D5-B3DE0D09D9E8.jpeg
    3AF3A066-7329-4C85-86D5-B3DE0D09D9E8.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 581
  • 71BF08A2-4F0B-418C-A883-673DF1175599.jpeg
    71BF08A2-4F0B-418C-A883-673DF1175599.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 585
Hi, I would love to hear how your straps are wearing please over time? I posted on another thread but I’ll just mention here too, the bag I bought around three weeks ago I have only worn it three times or so for brief periods. I found tarnishing in hardware already and wrinkling to strap or beginning to wrinkle. How did yours wear? Interested to know, appreciate your input.
The straps on the side of my Speedy have wrinkled slightly but not the shoulder strap itself. The strap has not softened either over the past month if use. I think that is just DE regardless because of the treated leather.

No wrinkles and my DE Speedy B really gets used a ton.
Oh wow! That’s amazing! I’m tempted to take mine to store and get it seen as I’ve had it for three weeks and have barely used it. I’m just scared of it getting worse with usage. I have a feeling they will say, it’s leather - there will be stretch and slight wrinkling.

Please could I request for some pictures of the wear and tear on shoulder strap for speedy b 25 de? I’ve accepted that the tarnishing hardware is common but I just want to be sure my strap isn’t going to wrinkle or get really bad as I’ve bought it only recently. I’m still in the 30 day return period. If it is normal I will skip a trip to LV as it is hard to travel with newborn and a toddler in tow for over an hour on the train. Thanks lovely people!

I’m still in the 30 day return period. If it is normal I will skip a trip to LV as it is hard to travel with newborn and a toddler in tow for over an hour on the train. Thanks lovely people!

i only have the speedy b in mono, so no photo. sorry

I think the normal "30 day return period" is only valid for new & unused bags

You know I have them in every canvas and wouldn’t you know it- only the DE has it! It kind of drives me bonkers but i’ve had it 5 years now so I can’t really do anything about it- the good news is that it hasn’t gotten worse and it’s only on the one side of the bag.

I got the speedy b 25 in de about 11 months ago and my side straps are all wrinkled and i recently noticed this. Is this normal wear and tear for a year old bag? Thanks for any help ahead of time!

Attachments

• C3839BC2-83C8-4689-B397-700623A149C2.jpeg
    C3839BC2-83C8-4689-B397-700623A149C2.jpeg
    362.2 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
Sorry I only have speedy b25 in mono so no pictures of DE but I've seen alot either at boutique and fashionphile pictures and unfortunately I think the wrinkling is just luck of the draw. Many monos have them too but with the coating of the DE, I think the wrinkles cause cracking of the coating which may be the reason they got rid of the coating all together. I don't think it's wear and tear necessarily and personally, I don't like it on the sides of bag but don't mind too much on strap bc it'll bend and get used over time.

My personal experience regarding the 30 day return policy is that if something is not to your satisfaction, you can still return it within 30days even if you use it. You can't use it and then return it without cause but if something is wrong with it while you use it, you can still return it.

I've been on the fence about getting the speedy b 25 in DE bc of the leather change. What I want to know is does the new de leather get soft with use like mono?

Reactions: SaintV13
Sorry I only have speedy b25 in mono so no pictures of DE but I've seen alot either at boutique and fashionphile pictures and unfortunately I think the wrinkling is just luck of the draw. Many monos have them too but with the coating of the DE, I think the wrinkles cause cracking of the coating which may be the reason they got rid of the coating all together. I don't think it's wear and tear necessarily and personally, I don't like it on the sides of bag but don't mind too much on strap bc it'll bend and get used over time.

My personal experience regarding the 30 day return policy is that if something is not to your satisfaction, you can still return it within 30days even if you use it. You can't use it and then return it without cause but if something is wrong with it while you use it, you can still return it.

I've been on the fence about getting the speedy b 25 in DE bc of the leather change. What I want to know is does the new de leather get soft with use like mono?

I called client services today and she told me it is unusual for it to already be cracking like that. The closest store is about an hour away (on a good day which is rare in Pittsburgh). So I sent pictures to the email they give you and I’ll update when I hear back. I’m with you I don’t personally like it either! I understand wrinkles in the strap and I’ve even gotten used to the wrinkles on the side but I’m not cool with the cracking haha. Hope that new de leather is much better! We need to hear from someone who’s had one since they changed it.

Reactions: EdnaMode
I called client services today and she told me it is unusual for it to already be cracking like that. The closest store is about an hour away (on a good day which is rare in Pittsburgh). So I sent pictures to the email they give you and I’ll update when I hear back. I’m with you I don’t personally like it either! I understand wrinkles in the strap and I’ve even gotten used to the wrinkles on the side but I’m not cool with the cracking haha. Hope that new de leather is much better! We need to hear from someone who’s had one since they changed it.

I heard back that it is normal wear and tear. I was a little upset at first but I am content with it and will just get it replaced later on if it gets worst:hrmm:

Hi everyone!
Im new here..

I just bought a speedy b bandouliere in DE, but i noticed that it has some wrinkles on the strap.. (under).. is that normal, never used it yet..Help please!