Special Orders

Yes, I just placed an SO a week ago
I’m going to ask you the same thing as I did bagsnob above :biggrin:

May I ask you if had to follow the 85k spend rule that I’ve been reading about? And where are you located?

Thank you in advance!! I’ve been waiting foreverrr for special orders to open back up. Really hoping for my special order 5 motif GMOP bracelet.

May I ask you if had to follow the 85k spend rule that I’ve been reading about? And where are you located?

Thank you in advance!!

I went through my SA at Tysons Corner in Mclean VA. I don’t have that spend rule…but it was maybe a special circumstance in that my SA tried to transfer one from another store and that didn’t go through. She didn’t mention anything to me about the limit, she just initiated the order since the transfer didn’t go through.

I went through my SA at Tysons Corner in Mclean VA. I don’t have that spend rule…but it was maybe a special circumstance in that my SA tried to transfer one from another store and that didn’t go through. She didn’t mention anything to me about the limit, she just initiated the order since the transfer didn’t go through.
I’m going to message you!

I’m going to ask you the same thing as I did bagsnob above :biggrin:

Thank you in advance!! I’ve been waiting foreverrr for special orders to open back up. Really hoping for my special order 5 motif GMOP bracelet.

I exceeded the 85k spend long ago, but I don't want to disclose my location on the public forum.

I have a hunch that GMOP 5 motif bracelets are easily approved, even without the prespend, because in my my opinion they will soon be released as part of the regular line. I think it is only a matter of time. They also seem to be commonly ordered by boutiques to be a part of the store inventory, so there is a good chance that there will be one available to purchase if a search is done.

I have a hunch that GMOP 5 motif bracelets are easily approved, even without the prespend, because in my my opinion they will soon be released as part of the regular line. I think it is only a matter of time. They also seem to be commonly ordered by boutiques to be a part of the store inventory, so there is a good chance that there will be one available to purchase if a search is done.
I would contend that's incentive to not add it to the regular line. An SO is ~35% markup compared to what is in the regular line. If they made it part of the regular line, they would have a lot of unhappy people who did an SO. Keeping it as part of SOs prevents that, and is a higher profit margin.

I would contend that's incentive to not add it to the regular line. An SO is ~35% markup compared to what is in the regular line. If they made it part of the regular line, they would have a lot of unhappy people who did an SO. Keeping it as part of SOs prevents that, and is a higher profit margin.
I maintain that I find it a likely addition to the regular line. It has proven to be popular, is an easy stone to source and goes with other items currently available in the regular line. It seems to be the most popular SO/MTO item, and it is not uncommonly found in boutiques already as part of a store’s order that they can place for their own inventory. Certainly VCA would make more in total from a higher number of orders at a lower price than for a relatively small number of orders at ~$1.3k more per bracelet. In the past, when an item is added to the regular offerings, special orders from a short window prior to the change are often either sold at no up-charge (with a request for confidentiality) or the customer is otherwise compensated. In cases where they are not, the higher price paid is the benefit of having the item sooner.

I really hope they do. The GMOP pendant is a bestseller and having coordinated pieces will surely bring in more for them. I am contemplating to SO this but perhaps I should just wait

I really hope they do. The GMOP pendant is a bestseller and having coordinated pieces will surely bring in more for them. I am contemplating to SO this but perhaps I should just wait
It’s so hard to decide whether to wait or not in these cases; I suppose the question is whether it is worth it to pay a little extra for the certainty and to have it sooner. Good luck deciding!