Sophisticated Spirit - My Brown Paddington

loren said:
I have preordered my bag from her and spoken at length to her and am 100% confident in the authenticity of her bags. Look what else she sells. She would not be around if the people buying Hermes and fendi and the other bags she sells were not authentic. People spending that kind of money do their homework. Her bags are a deal too. I happended to get a peak at an invoice from a store that sells isabella and I saw what they were paying for their bags and it was 35 cents on the dollar. SS has room to sell a little lower.

You are right about the markup. Stores like Neimans, Bergdorfs have serious overhead!!! SS can go below retail and still make a profit. That is what is so funny when people say if it is below retail, fake! That just simply is not true (but you do have to be very careful) There is a suggested retail price that the designers set and it is a large gap between cost and suggested retail(but this is leaving room for overhead + profit). SS is setting her prices very fair, her overhead is lower. Shipping, customs, advertising cost, etc + room for profit. Very fair! Does this make sense? I have said before, her goods are authentic.

I used to work for a cashmere manufacturer (a contractor for Michael Kors -- got to meet him a few times!). I remember that everyone used to double our prices to get retail. NM used to double our prices and then add 10%. Its not for nuttin' that they are referred to as "Needless Mark-up"!

Issmom said:
I used to work for a cashmere manufacturer (a contractor for Michael Kors -- got to meet him a few times!). I remember that everyone used to double our prices to get retail. NM used to double our prices and then add 10%. Its not for nuttin' that they are referred to as "Needless Mark-up"!

"Needless Mark-up" ==> that's funny!! :lol:

Oh wow, that is awful , it just shows what people will do to make a quick buck. If it is true people will find out and she will lose business and all that money she scammed she will hopefully see was not worth it. It is better in the end to work hard and be honest. I would never feel right ordering from a random place online, especially if it seems too good to be true. The article though I did like the first part where it said "We’ve all been there: dying for a bag, months in on that wait list, every time you see some ***** with the bag you want to rip her eyes out." That is how I feel if I cant get a bag I want!

That should teach everyone a lesson! NEVER buy from non legit sources. Its not worth saving and scrimping a couple of hundred and be scammed big time. :Push:

I already have a very bad feeling about SS but I did not want to partake in judging her. I have 3 paddies and honestly, her paddy looks a LOT different from the ones that i had. I dont think its because of the different season - different way of stitching, different zipper, as all my 3 paddies are from 3 seasons...

But anyway, its good that everyone knows about it now. :Push:

oh man! i guess i'll have to ask her to give me a refund on the pre-order... i'll just tell her i got the anthracite paddy from NAP or something?

Ya'll I'm so sad to see this!!! I have talked to her on the phone about her bags in the past, and I still believe her bags to be legit just because I know how she is getting them. (I don't know specifically, I just know she is getting them from an authorized boutique in Italy that orders for her). To me, that is legitimate. Look at all of the other bags on her site, those are not fake bags! I just have a hard time believing that her bags are fake. If they are, I really do not think that she would sell them intentionally, she would have to believe legit herself to sell them. Her cost(not retail) per bag is too high anyway. From the pics on the blog, I could not see a difference except for the leather texture, but that varies from bag to bag and color to color. No two are identical. Some sections of the bag are smoother than others, not totally uniform throughout (that would be fake, it is coming from an animal). Maybe I'm naive, but I still believe Lynda.

I Told You So!! SS sells FAKES~!!

I may get shooed off this board for saying this but oh well, if anyone wants to know,

BorsaBella sells FAKES TOO!!

I don't know, maybe both SS and BorsaBella are getting scammed by their suppliers since they seem to have the same suppliers.

Maybe both of them didn't know...Oh well...decide for yourselves.

Cya. :smile: