Someone stole my B-bag package

Same thing happened to me with Neiman Marcus. Someone stole my Marc Jacobs mouse shoes! The delivery person left the box in the lobby of my apartment building and someone saw that the box was from Neiman Marcus and they just walked off with it. I called my SA a few weeks later because I hadn't received the shoes. She said they were delivered and I said, "Well, I never signed for them." I got a new pair of shoes shipped to me immediately with a signature required!

Maybe you can speak with a manager at the store to see if you can get another bag?

THAT is what I would do - inform her that you will be calling the police. It may worry her enough that she may end up saying "Look what I found!" It's worth a try; but be prepared to really follow through and call them anyway. (However, if she has it and wants to keep it, she may hide it reaaaallly good.) I feel so bad for you! I hope you get your bag - don't give up!

Was this FedEx Ground? They are the WORST ever. They are independent contractors who are hired by FedEx, but not employees of FedEx.

I was waiting for an LV bag to be delivered (Ebay purchase) and I was home, waiting patiently for the bag. Imagine my surprise when the tracking showed "DELIVERED" and I never got it! I was able to look online and see "my" signature on the delivery. Someone had signed my name!!! We live on a cul-de-sac and I know EVERY neighbor. No one here would sign my name.....

It took me about 8 phone calls to FedEx, hours on the phone. Turns out they finally got a hold of the driver and his explanation was he delivered to wrong house. I'm thinking "yea right".

In the end, I got the package the next day.

This is what I think happened: the delivery guy was too stinking lazy to deliver my package the night previous, wanted to get home or whatever, so he signed my name so he wouldn't get in trouble with his boss. I was HOT! I called the guy's house too by the way. I was able to get the guy's cell phone number. :lol:

They really shouldn't mess with a woman waiting for a handbag........

Was this FedEx Ground? They are the WORST ever. They are independent contractors who are hired by FedEx, but not employees of FedEx.

I was waiting for an LV bag to be delivered (Ebay purchase) and I was home, waiting patiently for the bag. Imagine my surprise when the tracking showed "DELIVERED" and I never got it! I was able to look online and see "my" signature on the delivery. Someone had signed my name!!! We live on a cul-de-sac and I know EVERY neighbor. No one here would sign my name.....

It took me about 8 phone calls to FedEx, hours on the phone. Turns out they finally got a hold of the driver and his explanation was he delivered to wrong house. I'm thinking "yea right".

This is what I think happened: the delivery guy was too stinking lazy to deliver my package the night previous, wanted to get home or whatever, so he signed my name so he wouldn't get in trouble with his boss. I was HOT! I called the guy's house too by the way. I was able to get the guy's cell phone number. :lol:

Thanks for sharing your story..That was pretty funny..stupid FedEx people..
But Thank GOD You got your package next day..
They really should not mess with woamn waiting for a handbag..I feel someone is in BIG Trouble~ I will not give up on this case.:idea:

Same thing happened to me with Neiman Marcus. Someone stole my Marc Jacobs mouse shoes! The delivery person left the box in the lobby of my apartment building and someone saw that the box was from Neiman Marcus and they just walked off with it. I called my SA a few weeks later because I hadn't received the shoes. She said they were delivered and I said, "Well, I never signed for them." I got a new pair of shoes shipped to me immediately with a signature required!

Maybe you can speak with a manager at the store to see if you can get another bag?

Well I talked to manager on Sunday and He was more into file a claim to FedEx he did not even offer me to send another one or reorder the same bag..He just told me to wait 5-6days and FedEx will make decision based on their investigation and they will credit me back after. hmm I guess he wants me to get my money back and shop in another store?
Did manger offered you to send another one? or Did you ask for it?

I'm sorry that happened! Next time, request the SA to put signature required on your package.

This is great advice. Many shippers that use Fedex may think they're doing you a favor by indicating 'no signature required', but of course in this case, it caused your package to be stolen. Hard to believe the NM SA would have made this choice, but I suspect that's what happened.
I hope you get this resolved!!!:flowers:

Right on, freetoes!! Great story.

Well I talked to manager on Sunday and He was more into file a claim to FedEx he did not even offer me to send another one or reorder the same bag..He just told me to wait 5-6days and FedEx will make decision based on their investigation and they will credit me back after. hmm I guess he wants me to get my money back and shop in another store?

lulu, that manager is an ass. Go over his head, immediately. Furhter, if the store did not give the exact declared value to fedex, the most fedex will cough-up is $100.00.
Sorry, I should say, if no value was declared, that is the most they will pay. However, if they did not declare the entire amount, then Fedex will be liable only for the amount stated, not the purchase price, if they differ.

Thanks for sharing your story. So did you get your money back? I didnt know FedEx can even deny claim..Now I'm getting nervious about claim..They are totally messed up. From now on whatever I order I will not use FedEx..:hysteric:

The manager at Saks decided to refund the amount back to my credit card since I've been a Saks cardholder since '99. Not sure if they are going to do with Fedex, but definitely get a signature release if you can for future packages. Apparently Saks online does not have the signature required option for Fedex delivery...

I agree with the previous post -- go over this manager's head. When my shoes were stolen there were NO questions asked -- the SA promptly sent me a new pair, with signature required, and did not charge me for shipping!

I say keep on moving up the food chain until you get what you want, which should be a new bag shipped to you for free! It's their fault they didn't get the package to you. They owe it to you as their customer. If you can't get help at the local level, call their customer service line or if you're really gutsy, call their corporate headquarters. That should entice them to move on it!

After reading this thread, I have been paranoid - I was expecting an ebay delivery from out of the country (beautiful bbag from a great pfer) and would have been devastated if someone stole it. Would have been such a mess - at least you are dealing with Neiman Marcus who will have to back up their reputation. Don't give up - you are in the right.

How creepy that it could be a neighbor :yucky: ...how could someone just do that? I hope it all works out in then end but then you still have to see her and wonder...eeek.