someone please hold me

no loveprincess i'm not. i already mentioned how old i am.

now my hope is someone here will get her and love her and be able to have the joy she should bring someone. that would make me very happy.

ITA with everyone else! It pays to wait, as having an extra $6,000 debt weighing over your head would not make for an enjoyable Hermes experience! I could have charged up my Bolide (or Birkin) months ago, but I just don't want to have that over my head. It's going to take me until late July to get the cash for my bag, but at least once I get it I can enjoy it with good Hermes feeling :yes: You'll get your bag, and you are meant for it, but keep things in perspective: in reality, they are very expensive bags, and it does take time for most people to get them (like me!), so you are not alone! :yes:

You and your mum sound like you have a really nice relationship! If I'd ever asked my mum about my bag, she'd FLIP. Actually, I mentioned the $2,000ish price of the Massai before (she knows I collect small Hermes items) and she was none-to-happy :P But that's a whole 'nother barrel of monkeys :amuse:

You are meant for an H bag, but it needs to be true love and stand the test of time. You will be surprised how amazing your life becomes once you get the underlying structure in place - the finances, the self-everything, the parental approval, whatever you need - THEN, your dream bag will be both your dream and your reality! Keep the faith.

ugh, it's a horrid feeling, i know. just sending sympathy...and a reminder that, as the wise QM said, these aren't one of a kind...it'll come again, when the time is right. promise.

You WILL get your perfect bag, someday...absolutely!

Hey, I'm 33 with a Husband of nearly 10 yaers and two children, and I still called my Mum on Saturday regarding a cashmere coat I just had to have, that blew a WHOLE load of my NY funds! I'm proud of the relationship with my Mum, and I bet you are , too with yours!

your bag will come - trust me.

There's always a second chance! If not now, in the future. The important thing is that you saw the bag and knew it was right for you. When you have the funds, there's always a chance that it might pop up again.

H, that bag was definitely not made for you. Not if it meant going into cc debt. But, yours will come when the time is right. And, you can take comfort in the fact that a small H trifle is coming your way on Friday. :yes: Hugs!!

H, that bag was definitely not made for you. Not if it meant going into cc debt.

ITA. and one thing i would advise, let yourself pine a bit longer and then move on, because there is a chance that this won't be the style/type of bag you ultimately decide to buy, when you are ready. different bags appeal to us at different stages. if i had had the money, i would have gotten a kelly straight off. but i have now moved on to the bolide (i think we can all agree that it's after a bit of consideration and with a small amount of research:P). if i have to wait 10 years, there is a chance (though even i will admit it's small) that i will want a different bag by then. you're naive if you think there is one hermes for you. you're also not realizing the full power/lure of hermes, though it sounds like you got hit smack in the face with it when you saw this bag. :Push: ouch

**hugs**
I know exactly how you feel but maybe it's not THE bag. Similar thing happened to me: last September I went to Europe and at my last stop Barcelona, I saw this red Birkin35 at H boutique. However, there was no way I could spare EUR5000 at that time - after 7 weeks in London and a few weekend trips plus LV and Chanel purchases in Paris :sad: I really wanted a Birkin at that time and was so depressed I didn't even dare go in the store and try the bag - I just stared in the glass door LOL LOL...
Anyway, the feeling of "I need that bag" went away pretty quick and now I'm a Black Birkin owner, purchased with cash from the yearly bonus I got last month!!
The time will come when you and THE bag unite! Good luck! :heart:

no i don't want box. i liked the epsom, even though hg and olive didn't, because it seemed so durable and easy to care for to me. well, i hope someone nice gets it....
Dang, girl! Can't you tell when someone's telling you that something's not right so you don't set yourself up for disappointment? Anyway, when it comes to all things H, like everyone is saying, if it's not meant to be this time, it's because something even better is just around the corner.

Aw H, you are one of the most deserving people on this forum IMHO and I wish this could be your moment. I suppose there are two things that strike me. First, I have never had the kind of relationship with my mother (who was a Hermes owner herself) that involved discussing anything significant. She'd completely support my decision to buy Hermes if I were ever to ask her but I'd swap that in a moment for the kind of relationship it sounds like you have with your mother. I think holding back sounds like an act of love really and that is touching to someone who doesn't have any family that is functional.

Secondly, you deserve to really celebrate the moment when you get that first Hermes bag (and you will). If you were to do it now it sounds like you'd have a lot of nagging anxiety/guilt which could only cloud what should be a wonderful moment. Make this a purchase you get right and you will never regret it.

Things change too you know? Even a year ago a Birkin was off limits for me. An inheritance, some personal crises and a change I could never have predicted allowed me my Hermes moments and they are worth waiting for.

Sending you all hugs from London - hang in there for Hermes - you deserve it and there will be a right time and a right bag, I promise.