Chanel Classic Flap - Small vs Medium vs Large sizes

I bought a small classic flap 1.5 years ago (stores were still half closed due to COVID at that time and not allowing people to try things on as readily). When I brought it home I started to have second thoughts due to the size. I have a small frame and while it looked fine on me, I thought that the medium would look better & fit much more in it. Chanel exchanged my small for a medium thankfully. I love my medium.

Hey all, I’m new to this forum and chanel in general. I’ve been trying to get my hand on a cf in small caviar for ages. I just purchased one preloved. The flap on the sides doesn’t seem straight and there seems to be a gap at the bottom. Is this normal or do you think I should sent it back. I’ve attached a few photos, can someone please help me. Thank you xx

0FF89DF0-3DB1-4C65-A3CD-575332912854.jpeg

50CD8FDB-56EE-412A-BA66-A497C27C428C.jpeg

CCE65EA2-9CB6-459F-9ACA-13D47531F9CB.jpeg

31CAD79D-DAE3-4037-BAA3-31E3540D7647.jpeg

E2277C96-9E6C-45F5-B8D1-2A05CC4EDA70.jpeg

621B067F-A48C-4EC7-AB79-03198960EF1B.jpeg

Hey all, I’m new to this forum and chanel in general. I’ve been trying to get my hand on a cf in small caviar for ages. I just purchased one preloved. The flap on the sides doesn’t seem straight and there seems to be a gap at the bottom. Is this normal or do you think I should sent it back. I’ve attached a few photos, can someone please help me. Thank you xx

View attachment 5704269

View attachment 5704271

View attachment 5704272

View attachment 5704274

View attachment 5704275

View attachment 5704276
Normal

View attachment 5704269

View attachment 5704271

View attachment 5704272

View attachment 5704274

View attachment 5704275

View attachment 5704276
Agree, all normal.

I have both mini and medium size classics. I refuse to purchase the small size because it holds the same amount as the mini size. I just figure why spend thousands more when I can spend less to fit the same amount of things? At least with mini and medium size, they are two different looks and can carry more or less. Just my humble opinion. ☺️

I have both mini and medium size classics. I refuse to purchase the small size because it holds the same amount as the mini size. I just figure why spend thousands more when I can spend less to fit the same amount of things? At least with mini and medium size, they are two different looks and can carry more or less. Just my humble opinion. ☺️
I agree with you. I myself own the ML and Mini as well. Both fit my needs perfectly. I like to wear the ML as the shoulder bag and the Mini as a crossbody.

I was hesitant to replace the ML with the small and I felt like it would be too redundant to just add the small because I already have the ML and Mini. So in the end, the Small doesn't have a place in my collection. And with the price increase, I just cannot justify the price tag these days.

Last edited:
Hi friends!

I need your opinion if you’re willing. I finally sourced my dream bag: Chanel classic flap in caviar - black and silver hardware.

My biggest challenge is deciding on size. My SA is amazing and sourced me a perfect small, but the medium is a little lopsided so they’re working on sourcing another.

In the meantime, left is a small, right is medium. Which looks better? And if you have these sizes, which do you prefer and why?

Thank you!!

View attachment 5694949
Medium. not much price difference if you are already going there, Medium considered the most classic of CF, as right now.

Reactions: Cali2HI and JennRN

View attachment 5704269

View attachment 5704271

View attachment 5704272

View attachment 5704274

View attachment 5704275

View attachment 5704276
My small CF is also exactly like that. Just the way it was bended & it doesn't bother me because you can't tell from the front.

Reactions: uzmasarah